01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I am NOT happy about this....
    I am! That means pre-sales are going very well!

Honestly, if you haven't pre-ordered by now either in a store or online, (unless you live hundreds of miles away from the nearest store) it's your own fault. Stores have been taking pre-orders since October 6 for $0 down. If you were that interested in this device you would have done what me and many others did and gone to the store and staked your claim.

I feel sorry for you, but I don't think it's MS's fault that you didn't make up your mind to pre-order until they were already out of the first wave. Don't fret, though. They'll make more, and when they do you'll be able to purchase one.
    11-19-2015 09:01 AM
    Maybe he means the lower price?
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-19-2015 09:03 AM
    Where do you see that when I go to the site it has the original price.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-19-2015 09:05 AM
    I get the same thing...emal me when available.
    I've been on the fence about getting the 950XL, but if I can't even buy one for the foreseeable future, I may not have to decide.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-19-2015 09:05 AM
    Where do you see that when I go to the site it has the original price.
    That's the Student discounted price..
    I'm also happy to see presales went off so well, I am sure the phone manufacturer has already ramped up production and we'll all have our 950XL in the very near future..
    Being in the first wave I hope the ship before Nov 25th means they're shipping our phones out today lol...
    11-19-2015 09:12 AM
    HA! The charge just went through for my 950XL preorder!!! Can't wait!charge.jpg
    11-19-2015 09:25 AM
    Why does being out of stock effect pre ordering? I should be able to secure a place in line and be notified when the stock is available to ship.
    11-19-2015 09:26 AM
    Did you pre-order at a store or online? When did you preorder?
    That kind of looks like a pre-authorization. The charge has not really been taken out. It's just "on hold" for 10 days. I say that because the date is Nov 16. This is normal for a credit card company. I hope I'm wrong!
    Last edited by markgrif; 11-19-2015 at 09:45 AM.
    11-19-2015 09:29 AM
    I attempted to pre order, but only got the error message that it was out of stock.
    Pretty sure they were asking the person who posted just before you, who was charged for the phone.

Use quotes, peoples. :P
    libra89, aximtreo and HoosierDaddy like this.
    11-19-2015 09:45 AM
    Sorry I noticed it on the MS web site before I had to dash out on a call. but has since disappeared. and NO this was NOT the educational discount. but was 10% off before I applied my

I pre ordered the XL online on the MS site before they sold out. and my pre order is still $649.

bear in mind that MS are discounting the 950's across europe and elsewhere. yet the US appears to be not.
    11-19-2015 12:07 PM
    HA! The charge just went through for my 950XL preorder!!! Can't wait!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charge.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	116818
    Check your bank account, as I don't think the charge went through yet. I also used PayPal when I pre-ordered during the first wave, and PayPal notes that this is just a temporary authorization. They won't actually charge you until they actually ship the XL.
    11-19-2015 01:02 PM

Honestly, if you haven't pre-ordered by now either in a store or online, (unless you live hundreds of miles away from the nearest store) it's your own fault. Stores have been taking pre-orders since October 6 for $0 down. If you were that interested in this device you would have done what me and many others did and gone to the store and staked your claim.

I feel sorry for you, but I don't think it's MS's fault that you didn't make up your mind to pre-order until they were already out of the first wave. Don't fret, though. They'll make more, and when they do you'll be able to purchase one.
    My issue is that they simply don't seem to have their ducks in a row here. Especially when it comes to the USA, why is it so hard to just announce widely that the phone will be available on X date in stores? We shouldn't have to play detective to figure this stuff out, they should be bombarding us with this information early and often.
    Nick Metro likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:09 PM
    My issue is that they simply don't seem to have their ducks in a row here. Especially when it comes to the USA, why is it so hard to just announce widely that the phone will be available on X date in stores? We shouldn't have to play detective to figure this stuff out, they should be bombarding us with this information early and often.
    Not if they are only making a limited number of devices. It seems like they've made more 950s than 950 xls.
    11-19-2015 01:31 PM
    According to the Portland Pioneer store they are supposed to receive the 950XL in store today to sell tomorrow.

Edit: They were mistaken. They are getting the 950 today and selling tomorrow. The 950XL will be the 26/27 (depending on if the store is open on Thanksgiving)
    NYCMetsPDX likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:36 PM
    Called Microsoft Support twice. Both reps were absolutely sure that it's being released tomorrow. When I called, one rep asked if I was calling about 950XL, then she said it's going out tomorrow.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:46 PM
    I think that the problem for many people and preorders is that they were doing the preorders in the store but who knew I only got mine in because I was at the store for something else and was looking at the phone and the offered the opportunity to preorder. Then the preorders stopped when they took the demos out of the store and didn't start again until the online preorders started up again. Nothing that has taken place was announced by Microsoft except online preorders wait they didn't announce that it just happened. Communication is the missing piece of this puzzle.
    Serpent1189 likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:48 PM
    Well I was just assured by the store in Troy MI that XL would be in tomorrow on the 20th,
    I asked if she meant 950s, she said she meant XLs.
    Not getting my hopes up but would be nice
    11-19-2015 01:52 PM
    Maybe we should flood their support line with same question about 950XL release. Maybe then someone from the higher up will finally answer our riddles.
    geekladyemjay and jmajid like this.
    11-19-2015 01:53 PM
    Keep hope alive!
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:58 PM
    Well I was just assured by the store in Troy MI that XL would be in tomorrow on the 20th,
    I asked if she meant 950s, she said she meant XLs.
    Not getting my hopes up but would be nice
    Heading to my local store now. I'll report back. If they're going on sale tomorrow, I would think they'd have them in hand today.
    jayk82 likes this.
    11-19-2015 02:03 PM
    Well, the manager was there again today and told me he could see his POs (purchase orders) and was still expecting the devices to be there on the 26th. He showed me that they had already received the shipment of AT&T 950s, and even opened one to let me see it.

He said they also just got a memo that states the Display Dock offer is the same in brick and mortar stores as it is online. You will get a code when you purchase your phone. The "Lumia Offers" app is preloaded on the phone, and you can put the code in there or online. It's worth noting that he thought they would be handing out display docks, but after he read the memo fully (they had just gotten it earlier today, it seems), it said specifically that retailers should not give out display docks to pre-order customers.

He also revealed that only 5 people preordered the xl, and they were only getting enough units to fulfill the preorders. He said it could have something to do with the culture here not wanting to preorder. They also only received 5 AT&T 950s.

Anyway, that's pretty much all the info I got. It was enough for me, at least. I'll still be back tomorrow, just in case. ;)
    11-19-2015 02:43 PM
    Well my local store said the estimated release is 25th. I called support again, and they now say 25th estimated. This is absurd. Multi billion dollar company can't give us a release date?

$10 says that if I call now again, they will tell me it's 26th. Argh.
    11-19-2015 02:51 PM
    My issue is that they simply don't seem to have their ducks in a row here.
    The trouble with ducks is they can always scatter. Musicman gave good advice: don't count on ducks when you don't have to. Also think less about why ANYTHING is someone else's fault. You have a lot more control over the things you could do differently.
    11-19-2015 03:14 PM
    I decided to quit torturing myself. It's clear that the time the stores get these will vary based on shipping and logistics. Saying the 26th buys some stores enough time in case they don't get them on the 20th. Either way, 6 more days guys (and geekladymjay)!
    11-19-2015 03:21 PM
    How do you guys who have pre-ordered feel about not getting the display dock? The terms say 'purchases from Nov 25'. SO I imagine anything bought prior to that will not qualify for the dock. :( I actually cancelled my order yesterday because of that. Took 2 chat sessions both of which refused to cancel, and finally a phone call. The call took 2 seconds to cancel so the people on chat.... yeah anyhow, not too impressed. Has me considering other phone options.
    11-19-2015 03:36 PM
1,799 ... 2425262728 ...