01-16-2016 09:46 PM
1,799 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow and if I hear from people they have been getting phones in stock then I will head down to the MS store and see what is up otherwise I'll just keep waiting for a call or some confirmation here that people are getting the phone.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-19-2015 02:39 PM
    I decided to quit torturing myself. It's clear that the time the stores get these will vary based on shipping and logistics. Saying the 26th buys some stores enough time in case they don't get them on the 20th. Either way, 6 more days guys (and geekladymjay)!
    I have come to the same conclusion several times tuxedo!!! Lol thank you for the words of comfort. It really isn't that long.
    11-19-2015 02:46 PM
    Down to the wire. Whatchu gonna do. Chill on it. lol.
    tuxedo323 and libra89 like this.
    11-19-2015 02:47 PM
    How do you guys who have pre-ordered feel about not getting the display dock? The terms say 'purchases from Nov 25'. SO I imagine anything bought prior to that will not qualify for the dock. :( I actually cancelled my order yesterday because of that. Took 2 chat sessions both of which refused to cancel, and finally a phone call. The call took 2 seconds to cancel so the people on chat.... yeah anyhow, not too impressed. Has me considering other phone options.
    That date is there because no 950XL's will be in hand before that date. The offer is good "until supplies last" by redeeming through an app that is pre-installed on the phone. Pre-orders DO qualify for the free dock.
    11-19-2015 02:49 PM
    How do you guys who have pre-ordered feel about not getting the display dock? The terms say 'purchases from Nov 25'. SO I imagine anything bought prior to that will not qualify for the dock. :( I actually cancelled my order yesterday because of that. Took 2 chat sessions both of which refused to cancel, and finally a phone call. The call took 2 seconds to cancel so the people on chat.... yeah anyhow, not too impressed. Has me considering other phone options.
    Since they weren't shipping until after the 25th, I'm sure you would have been able to claim it. Also they don't actually charge you until they ship. What they do is put a hold on your phone.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-19-2015 02:52 PM
    Wether I get the dock for free or not doesn't make a difference to me. I have no real practical use for it "currently" other than to say I have a nice toy accessory that does something your phone doesn't. I can pay the $100 later and not have any feelings about it.
    11-19-2015 02:55 PM
    Should have read the US Terms & Conditions "Valid on November 20, 2015 until January 31, 2016 only, while supplies last, for residents of the United States."
    we didn't "purchase" it yet, we pre ordered, purchase will happen when they ship it and our accounts are actually charged.. Seeing they won't be shipping until tomorrow (Nov 20th) the earliest we are eligible..
    capture.jpg
    Last edited by Captpt; 11-19-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    11-19-2015 03:02 PM
    So you canceled your pre-order because you didn't understand the terms and condition of the free dock? I'd say you weren't really that interested in this phone to begin with.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-19-2015 03:02 PM
    Should have read the US Terms & Conditions "Valid on November 20, 2015 until January 31, 2016 only, while supplies last, for residents of the United States."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	116877
    Yea, I noticed that the Terms & Conditions had a different date than the actual advertisement. Of course, MSFT shut down orders, I can't get mine ordered.
    11-19-2015 03:05 PM
    Regarding the free dock. If you remember any similar promos with Lumia 900, 920, etc... you'd know that it doesn't matter if you pre-ordered or bought them online or purchased in store or puchased on Amazon somewhere. You can just redeem it online once you buy the phone. You go into the app or website, put in your IMEI and purchase date and they send you your dock. It has nothing to do with pre-orders before 25th or any of that.
    Musicman247 likes this.
    11-19-2015 03:06 PM
    The trouble with ducks is they can always scatter. Musicman gave good advice: don't count on ducks when you don't have to. Also think less about why ANYTHING is someone else's fault. You have a lot more control over the things you could do differently.
    In the grand scheme of things, I really don't care all that much about this issue. I want the phone, but my current 1520 works fine. I might even end up holding off until mid to late January when I will visit family in a place that does not have sales tax.

The larger point that I'm making is that MSFT is in a competitive marketplace. I can look at any other major competitor of theirs and it is crystal clear what hotly-anticipated products will be where and when.

I thought after the band 1 they had learned their lesson, and my Band 2 experience was pretty smooth. I knew the day it was coming out ever since it was announced, at the same event where the 950 and XL were announced.

It's a little beyond me why a company this big can't just get this done. The differing answers in this thread about when phones are coming into stores are a troubling sign of their inability to just communicate something so simple, which geekladyemjay pointed out.

Please interpret this as bewildered shoulder shrugging and light head-shaking as opposed to any kind of anger over this. One need only look at the news to understand how many other bigger things there are to have emotion over.
    jmajid, geekladyemjay and theefman like this.
    11-19-2015 03:19 PM
    Anyone who pre-ordered from the microsoft store online have a status other than "Order in process"? I ordered pretty much as soon as it went live and no movement yet. I was hoping it'd ship today.
    11-19-2015 03:30 PM
    I asked all 3 people, 2 through chat, one through phone. They said it does not qualify. /shrug.
    11-19-2015 03:36 PM
    Mine still says "order in process" and I too was hoping for an early shipment. I even went so far as to call MSFT Customer Service and asked them if they could tell me when my phone would actually ship. She said it would go out on the 25th. I also tried to change my delivery option (mistakenly took the free shipping) and was informed that once the order is "in process" it cannot be changed.

Anyone who pre-ordered from the microsoft store online have a status other than "Order in process"? I ordered pretty much as soon as it went live and no movement yet. I was hoping it'd ship today.
    11-19-2015 03:40 PM
    Same status but I also have a "ships by" date.
    11-19-2015 03:41 PM
    Order date: 11/16/2015
    Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (Black)
    Price: $649.00 Qty: 1 Status: In process
    Ships by November 25
    Black
    Ship it
    11-19-2015 03:46 PM
    I asked all 3 people, 2 through chat, one through phone. They said it does not qualify. /shrug.
    The store manager brought his laptop over and was reading directly from the memo that had been sent out to stores. The display dock offer is being extended to pre-orders done at brick and mortar stores.

...assuming that's what you were talking about. >_>
    NYCMetsPDX and Bartdog like this.
    11-19-2015 04:31 PM
    The store manager brought his laptop over and was reading directly from the memo that had been sent out to stores. The display dock offer is being extended to pre-orders done at brick and mortar stores.

...assuming that's what you were talking about. >_>
    He's referring to his statement that our pre orders do not qualify for the free dock, I also talked to MS Customer Support Monday when I ordered it asking why the dock wasn't automatically listed on the invoice and she said it was definitely included in my pre order and I will redeem my offer when I receive my phone and using my new 950XL phone I would go to the Nokia Offers and my phone's IMEI will be the validation to send me the dock.
    11-19-2015 04:46 PM
    So I am in the Microsoft store right now. My buddy here told me the phone was coming out tomorrow even asked someone else. He then asked someone to go to the back to see if they had any in. I felt like I was on a game show and I won. Lol When she came back she said the phones won't be out till next week. Their ICE department said so. He said they would call me. So I got my Band 2 and a 640 just because. I will go ahead and port my number so o can just swap sims when I get the 950 xl Lol. He told me to return the 640 when my phone comes in I'm not sure if I will or not. It is pretty nice. Would be good for a spare.
    11-19-2015 04:51 PM
    So I am in the Microsoft store right now. My buddy here told me the phone was coming out tomorrow even asked someone else. He then asked someone to go to the back to see if they had any in. I felt like I was on a game show and I won. Lol When she came back she said the phones won't be out till next week. Their ICE department said so. He said they would call me. So I got my Band 2 and a 640 just because. I will go ahead and port my number so o can just swap sims when I get the 950 xl Lol. He told me to return the 640 when my phone comes in I'm not sure if I will or not. It is pretty nice. Would be good for a spare.
    keep in mind the 640 has a different sim size. make sure you get a sim converter. I have a 1520 that died. Got a 640 as a spare till my compelte repalcement 950 xl comes in. had to buy a sim converter since the 640 uses a bigger standard.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-19-2015 05:37 PM
    I just got an email from my local brick and mortar store, I even called to verify...

Hello Anthony!

Thank you for pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL Black! Were writing to update you with our most current news:

Tomorrow (11/20/15), we will begin selling the AT&T Microsoft Lumia 950 (in black or white). We have limited quantities, however, if youre interested in one of those, please contact us as soon as possible and we will change your current pre-order to that device. You will then have 48 hours to come in and purchase the device from our store starting tomorrow.

The Unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950 ($549) and 950XL ($649) will be available in the stores on November 26th. As that is Thanksgiving, we will be open from 6:00 pm to 12:00 am. Stock will be limited, however, we expect to receive units to at least fulfill our pre-orders.

In addition, we will also have a limited amount of the Microsoft Display Dock ($99) for purchase. This dock will enable you to use your new Lumia like PC for a big screen experience. (I asked about this, he said there will be an app on the phone where we request the dock from)
    11-19-2015 05:43 PM
    I just got an email from my local brick and mortar store, I even called to verify...

Hello Anthony!

Thank you for pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL Black! Were writing to update you with our most current news:

Tomorrow (11/20/15), we will begin selling the AT&T Microsoft Lumia 950 (in black or white). We have limited quantities, however, if youre interested in one of those, please contact us as soon as possible and we will change your current pre-order to that device. You will then have 48 hours to come in and purchase the device from our store starting tomorrow.

The Unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950 ($549) and 950XL ($649) will be available in the stores on November 26th. As that is Thanksgiving, we will be open from 6:00 pm to 12:00 am. Stock will be limited, however, we expect to receive units to at least fulfill our pre-orders.

In addition, we will also have a limited amount of the Microsoft Display Dock ($99) for purchase. This dock will enable you to use your new Lumia like PC for a big screen experience. (I asked about this, he said there will be an app on the phone where we request the dock from)
    11-19-2015 05:48 PM
    And that there pretty much says the 950XL will be in those stores in the US no later than sometime on Wednesday, November 25, since, as a holiday, none of the major delivery services will be delivering on November 26.
    11-19-2015 06:29 PM
    still waiting to complete my order - was waiting to see the white so that i could be sure thats what i wanted- missed out on the december shipment and now my cart shows coming soon... :|
    so in the hopes of seeing a 950 i stopped by an ATT store last night - nothing - tried another tonight - and they had a white one setup, must admit very nice phone and white is def the color i want now...
    short story - fast light and well put together phone and nice to see the glance on there - and so glad i didnt buy the ATT version of the 950 - all you see when you flip to the apps list is half a screen of ATT apps !!
    anyways - now i wait... having bought a case and a memory card already waiting for it.
    11-19-2015 06:53 PM
    My biggest issue with the whole release/preorder of the 950 has to be inconsistency. I preorder mine on line thinking it will be sent by November 25, but now isn't till December 11. The MS store will have by at least November 25, ATT is already shipping them, but I have to wait till December? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!
    Sick Freak likes this.
    11-19-2015 06:53 PM
1,799 ... 2526272829 ...