01-16-2016 09:46 PM
1,799 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I think that means they are not taking any pre-orders right now. I believe they may have sold out.
    11-21-2015 11:28 AM
    I don't know if mediaworld is doing the same in your own countries but here in italy mediaworld is offering 100 discount if you spend 500-999 and 250 if you spend 1000+. The discount is done instantly when you put your order in the cart you will only pay the discounted amount.

Thanks to this offer, as i had to buy few other things i managed to pay 950 XL less than 540 including shipping. As it was pretty interesting i wanted to share the info.

PS: this promotion is available till November 23th here in Italy.

PPS: i don't know if the italian Mediaworld would ship internationally.

PPPS: both colors for both 950 and 950XL are present but only single-SIM variants.
    11-21-2015 11:39 AM
    PPS: i don't know if the italian Mediaworld would ship internationally.
    Another thing to check is if the phone will have a warranty on the country its shipped to. Not an easy thing to find out, at least in the US.
    11-21-2015 11:48 AM
    I can pre-order from the US store but still says email when available in the Canadian store, online. I'm tempted to buy from the US store, but the warranty only applies to US residents. I had a 1020 that needed a warranty repair and it's still sitting here broken. Bought from the Canadian store, but was a US phone so US warranty applies. Oh well, just trying to get a 950XL in black that's a Canadian market phone with Canadian warranty. If I get a free dock, bonus, not even worried if I don't get a free one. Just want to retire my Lumia 920 and use it for testing from here on out.
    11-21-2015 03:07 PM
    Yeah I actually pre-ordered the white XL because that was the only one I could pre-order in the Canadian store, it says it should be shipped by November 25th. Apparently they're adding a few more pre-orders next week so keep checking the store often :) and let's be honest. Would you pay 650$ USD = 867$ CND for a phone that has no warranty if it breaks?
    11-21-2015 08:24 PM
    Wait... will a metal 3rd party METAL backplate muck up qi charging?
    They should just put that oitdoesn't support qi charging. And those that don't use it ddon'thave to worry. I don't care about wwirelesscharging.
    11-21-2015 08:49 PM
    Anybody get confirmation of shipping on their online pre-orders?
    11-21-2015 10:23 PM
    Nope, not yet. I've been checking a few times a day.
    11-21-2015 10:38 PM
    Truly they didn't receive word about the 950XL yet. They did well not to promise you a date as they only have confirmation for the 950. Please don't ask questions that you feel you know the answer to only to put down people when they don't say what you want them to.
    I didn't put anyone down. If I ask something to confirm and I am either lied to or someone is making things up due to general lack of knowledge I thank them and then come here and botch about it. Please do not defend incompetence.
    11-22-2015 12:37 AM
    They should just put that oitdoesn't support qi charging. And those that don't use it ddon'thave to worry. I don't care about wwirelesscharging.
    Good thing I don't care that you don't care about wireless charging.

I personally like my Icon's wireless charging ability.

I just want a metal back and wireless charging to work.

#firstworldproblems
    11-22-2015 01:37 AM
    No shipping confirmation yet, but hey we got 3 more days to go lol.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-22-2015 07:25 AM
    Good thing I don't care that you don't care about wireless charging.

I personally like my Icon's wireless charging ability.

I just want a metal back and wireless charging to work.

#firstworldproblems
    Okay. But what is wrong with someone calling for metal backs that DON'T have wireless charging? Clearly that is a much easier and cheaper thing to do. Are you saying if you can't have wireless charging the combined masses who don't care about wireless charging, shouldn't have a metal back?
    11-22-2015 08:00 AM
    Still holding out hope they ship early enough that all of us that preordered received them before Thanksgiving!!
    Captpt and geekladyemjay like this.
    11-22-2015 08:17 AM
    Still waiting patiently. Status: In process
    11-22-2015 10:23 AM
    Still holding out hope they ship early enough that all of us that preordered received them before Thanksgiving!!
    Wouldn't be nice to have a nice new 950XL to play with for the holiday weekend
    jayk82, geekladyemjay and FastDave like this.
    11-22-2015 10:25 AM
    Wouldn't be nice to have a nice new 950XL to play with for the holiday weekend
    That would kinda suck for those of us who pre-ordered at stores weeks before they were available online.

I would be happy for you guys, but probably a little bitter if I'm being honest.
    11-22-2015 10:31 AM
    I have ordered at the B&M Microsoft Store as well as online. Whichever one is available first, that's the one I will buy. I will return the late one.
    11-22-2015 10:44 AM
    As I reported in one of my posts the rep in the Microsoft processing department stated that those of us that preorded online might be receiving a "surprise" of receiving the phones before the 25th. Other reps I spoke to over the past week also stated that since I ordered express shipping shipping I would receive my phone ON THE 25th. At this point then, unless we receive shipping notices today for tomorrow, I can only assume that we may receive notices tomorrow for receipt on Tuesday (if express shipping); or notices on Tuesday to receive the phone Wednesday. If you selected express shipping, anything beyond Wednesday would be another Microsoft sales processing/logistics bungle of things. I'll certainly be asking for a refund of my express shipping fee if I don't get the phone by/on the 25th.
    11-22-2015 10:51 AM
    I have ordered at the B&M Microsoft Store as well as online. Whichever one is available first, that's the one I will buy. I will return the late one.
    Same here. I pre-ordered at the MS store and ordered on-line. If the on-line gets here first, I just decline the pre-order in the store. If the store pre-order shows up first, I keep that and return the on-line order. Either way I have to go to the Store to get Complete (and get the veteran price adjustment if I'm keeping the on-line order).
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:01 AM
    I'll certainly be asking for a refund of my express shipping fee if I don't get the phone by/on the 25th.
    We'll all chip in and refund your shipping if we all get them on the 25th!!!
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:56 AM
    I am glad I pre-ordered my 950XL on the Microsoft store web site. Last time I got a phone by a carrier the 925 they wouldn't let me touch it when they powered it on and skipped the restore settings process. I had to factory reset to start over but at least I had my settings back. Now my 925 is showing it's age and can't wait for the new phone to show up.
    11-22-2015 12:58 PM
    That would kinda suck for those of us who pre-ordered at stores weeks before they were available online.

I would be happy for you guys, but probably a little bitter if I'm being honest.
    I get where you are coming from, but there was nothing stopping you from doing both, that's what I did with the Band 2, and it worked out well.
    11-22-2015 01:32 PM
    I get where you are coming from, but there was nothing stopping you from doing both, that's what I did with the Band 2, and it worked out well.
    I'm somewhat a man of my word, so I considered my in-store pre-order something like an intent to purchase there.

Plus there was no guarantee that it would be delivered to the address where I'll be for the holiday before I left for home.
    11-22-2015 01:35 PM
    If I don't get this phone soon I will be bankrupt from buying things to keep me busy. I am not a patient person. Obviously. Nice to have good company to wait with though. :-)
    11-22-2015 01:46 PM
    I'm somewhat a man of my word, so I considered my in-store pre-order something like an intent to purchase there.
    Nothing wrong with that. Those of us who have been around longer get good at rationalizing different behavior. In my case, I just told myself Microsoft gets the same money either way and that physical store sales people aren't on commission and they might screw up the pre-order anyway and there will be a line of people grateful to get a shot at my pre-ordered phone and... well you get the idea. All that may be completely true, but I know I didn't do it just because it was true. Keep the rationalization at bay as much and as long as practical.
    Musicman247 and geekladyemjay like this.
    11-22-2015 01:47 PM
1,799 ... 2829303132 ...