01-16-2016 09:46 PM
1,799 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I'm betting they will ship them Monday. Hopefully, they won't be jerks and force the couriers to keep the package until release date like they did with the SP4. I paid for express shipping, so I don't want my package just sitting at fedex for days.
    jayk82 likes this.
    11-22-2015 03:33 PM
    I just hope they didn't hold up releasing the XLs so AT&T could release the 950 first, the AT&T stores here can give 2 bleeps about the 950's release, they had one one the wall in the middle of a bunch of Android phones and the other next to the Surface Pro Tablet neither with any promotional signs or anything.. You'd think they've been there for months..
    11-22-2015 03:58 PM
    Not that anyone was asking... but I am giving up my coveted unlimited data plan with Verizon so I can use this phone.

It would be cool to 3d print back plates... or ones made to order.
    geekladyemjay, Captpt and Bartdog like this.
    11-22-2015 03:59 PM
    Care or don't care ... I am also giving up unlimited on Verizon. T-Mobile here I come.
    11-22-2015 04:45 PM
    lol...Thanks! I think we'll all be too happy thinking about the awesome treasure we'll have in our hands to be worried about shipping costs though. :)
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-22-2015 06:02 PM
    lol...Thanks! I think we'll all be too happy thinking about the awesome treasure we'll have in our hands to be worried about shipping costs though. :)
    Free shipping within the US... don't know how it is other places ;)
    11-22-2015 06:37 PM
    Silly question but what deals have you all found?
    I see it is going at $649 and with tax that's going to come close to $700

I saw a bundle deal for the dock or whatever but you need to be able to use the Lumia Deals App and it gives me an error on my 1520 and says it is not compatible on my Icon. :-/

THEN there is the cost of adding the insurance against breakage that includes one claim.
    Does anyone know how much that cost?

I've never bought a NEW phone off of contract before.
    I want to use this on T-Mobile so I will be paying full price. But I am a commercial HVAC tech and I fear breaking the thing at work.

I have been using the 1520 for months now and it is plagued with the phantom touch issue now but that is from shoving it into a holster case. I have not dropped it too harshly so far so I hope to be able to care for the Nokia 950XL as well.
    11-22-2015 06:58 PM
    Just got back from the MS store in Cincy. I was told that they will start selling them on Black Friday at 6am. Not on Thursday as was previously stated. At least not the Cincy store. Oh, and Otterbox has no plans to release a case for the new phones.
    11-22-2015 07:02 PM

I saw a bundle deal for the dock or whatever but you need to be able to use the Lumia Deals App and it gives me an error on my 1520 and says it is not compatible on my Icon. :-/

THEN there is the cost of adding the insurance against breakage that includes one claim.

I want to use this on T-Mobile so I will be paying full price. But I am a commercial HVAC tech and I fear breaking the thing at work.

I have been using the 1520 for months now and it is plagued with the phantom touch issue now but that is from shoving it into a holster case. I have not dropped it too harshly so far so I hope to be able to care for the Nokia 950XL as well.
    One option is to get a tough two piece case for maximum protection. Another is to use a beater phone on the job and just switch sims.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-22-2015 07:14 PM

Microsoft Complete for phones is $99 and covers two claims for two years.
    11-22-2015 07:20 PM
    Not that anyone was asking... but I am giving up my coveted unlimited data plan with Verizon so I can use this phone.

It would be cool to 3d print back plates... or ones made to order.
    I am going to keep my unlimited Verizon plan on one line...and delete the remaining lines...will move 7 lines to at&t.
    geekladyemjay and Gungzwei like this.
    11-22-2015 07:31 PM
    Does anyone know if Google will ever release a native Win 10 mobile Google Voice app? The current offering is not ideal and would love to be able to automatically make every call with my google voice number without any additional key strokes etc
    11-22-2015 10:38 PM
    I must be one of the few lucky people whom W10M is working so well for me that I can't wait to get my 950XL. In the last couple of days the Messaging App which used to crash every time I load a group Skype conversation is now magically working without any flaws - I have no idea how that happens, and that was the last of the annoying major bugs I have with W10M 10586. Now it's the hardware that's giving me problems as my 1520 is very bad with phantom touch as well as the search capacitive button going bonkers after I accidentally dropped the phone down an escalator (that and the corner is all messed up but luckily the screen didn't crack or anything). Just need to hold out for a few more days.....
    jmajid and geekladyemjay like this.
    11-23-2015 01:53 AM
    The phone doesn't come out before 3. December in Norway.... So hopefully I'll get it on the 3rd. Can't wait !!! I wonder how long I have to wait for the dock after we download the app and register our phones..
    11-23-2015 04:19 AM
    The phone doesn't come out before 3. December in Norway.... So hopefully I'll get it on the 3rd. Can't wait !!! I wonder how long I have to wait for the dock after we download the app and register our phones..
    I believe the offer says 8-10 weeks.
    11-23-2015 05:48 AM
    I ordered online, got the Black XL with the dock and a 10% discount....it is a December 11th shipping date. I also went to the MS store here in Charlotte and was told that they would honor the same, so I reserved another Black XL at the store and they are expecting to have those in store this coming Thursday....I am going to have to fight a crowd to get to the store....hide your wife, hide your kids...and hide your husbands too....I'm not holding back on anyone LOL.
    11-23-2015 05:49 AM
    I can understand... we all make excuses to buy a new phone. The worst: my wife wanted to give me a gift! :)
    11-23-2015 07:13 AM
    I can understand... we all make excuses to buy a new phone. The worst: my wife wanted to give me a gift! :)
    Rationalization! It's what separates us from animals.

My favorite was when I wanted a new GS1100. So I bought a 4x4 pickup that got 8 MPG. That meant I actually saved money by buying the bike because it cost less than the gas I would use if I only drove the truck.
    11-23-2015 07:21 AM
    Just got back from the MS store in Cincy. I was told that they will start selling them on Black Friday at 6am. Not on Thursday as was previously stated. At least not the Cincy store. Oh, and Otterbox has no plans to release a case for the new phones.
    I was just there Thursday and Saturday and they said Thanksgiving Day! Thursday they thought Friday until they asked the stock department ICE then they said Thanksgiving day. Maybe that is when they will sell them but did you pre-order? Maybe that is the difference.
    11-23-2015 07:47 AM
    I will just leave this here...

So. who has checked the shipping status more than once so far this morning ?

ordered.jpg
    jmajid, jayk82 and Mark Kaplan like this.
    11-23-2015 08:08 AM
    I was just there Thursday and Saturday and they said Thanksgiving Day! Thursday they thought Friday until they asked the stock department ICE then they said Thanksgiving day. Maybe that is when they will sell them but did you pre-order? Maybe that is the difference.
    Different stores might have different hours. Could some even be in buildings that are closed on Thanksgiving so couldn't be open even if they wanted?
    11-23-2015 08:09 AM
    I will just leave this here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ordered.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	117208
    I keep clicking the "Ship it" text to no avail. ;-)
    11-23-2015 08:22 AM
    Different stores might have different hours. Could some even be in buildings that are closed on Thanksgiving so couldn't be open even if they wanted?

He said the store in Cincy that is where I am Cincinnati unless he meant somewhere else. Only one store in Kenwood Mall they open 6 pm Thanksgiving Day. That's why I am having Thanksgiving Dinner in Kenwood. LOL
    11-23-2015 08:27 AM
    im still waiting for the one in my cart to show a ship date, instead of coming soon....
    i waited too long to decide on color and size... so now im waiting, watching and clicking every hour :)
    11-23-2015 08:28 AM
    I stopped trying to check the order page constantly to see if it was going to be shipped. A Microsoft rep through Chat told me that it wasn't going to be shipped out until the 25th, so I'm hoping to have it arrive by Saturday. Of course, would be nice if it was shipped earlier.
    11-23-2015 09:14 AM
1,799 ... 2930313233 ...