950XL Waiting Room

lallen3

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Same here. North Star in San Antonio has the same hours. Blah. I'm going on Turkey Day, because I'm not about to fight Black Friday crowds.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
According to a rep I just spoke with, 950xl will be released on the 26th. Preorders have a 48 hour window for pickup.

Just heard the same thing. The mall where I placed my order will be open at 10am, at least I get to avoid the jousting shopping carts.

Side note, the Windows Central chat app is amazing on iOS, how ironic.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
According to a rep I just spoke with, 950xl will be released on the 26th. Preorders have a 48 hour window for pickup.

I just called my local store and they dont have a date at all. It could even be december. He said any stores giving out dates are wrong . Microsoft hasn't told any stores when they are shipping out the phones to the stores themselves.

This is the walt whitman store on long island.

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Wanted to share this.

I managed to get the pre-order in for the 950XL. But today while getting bored of hitting F5 for the 950 I called my "local" MS Store in Indianapolis.

I inquired on the 950 and mentioned that I had pre-ordered the unlocked XL but think i might like the 950 better. The store rep told me that they are taking pre-orders for the 950 that will ship on or before November 25th.... I said that the MS website was still not allowing pre-orders and checked again that it would ship from their warehouse and I would not have to go to the store ( which for me is over 100 miles and 2.5 hours drive ). She assured me that the phones will be shipping on or before the 25th and as I was pre-ordering they would give me a discount on the phone and free next day shipping ! she had done it for at least 2 other people today although I would not get the display doc offer as that's only for the 950XL.

So MS has confirmed the price at $549.00 with a $71.89 discount. plus sales tax = $528.69 :)

would be cool if i can put in for the display doc and keep the 950 and send back the 950XL if i decide the smaller phone works better for me.

:grin:

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, I went with the 3 day shipping handling because I noticed this same thing. I was thinking, should I spend the $16.99 for overnight shipping or eat lunch for a few days? and chose to compromise in the middle. :p

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Microsoft Store in the Westchester Mall today and they told me that the release date for the 950 is this Friday, and the 950XL will be next Friday which is Black Friday. It's confirmed.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried a second store .The rosevelt field mall location. They told me the same thing. There is no set release date for the 950xl. When they get the phones in they start calling people on the preorder list. It can be monday or it can be black friday. No set day.

aaronhong13

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Wanted to share this.

I managed to get the pre-order in for the 950XL. But today while getting bored of hitting F5 for the 950 I called my "local" MS Store in Indianapolis.

I inquired on the 950 and mentioned that I had pre-ordered the unlocked XL but think i might like the 950 better. The store rep told me that they are taking pre-orders for the 950 that will ship on or before November 25th.... I said that the MS website was still not allowing pre-orders and checked again that it would ship from their warehouse and I would not have to go to the store ( which for me is over 100 miles and 2.5 hours drive ). She assured me that the phones will be shipping on or before the 25th and as I was pre-ordering they would give me a discount on the phone and free next day shipping ! she had done it for at least 2 other people today although I would not get the display doc offer as that's only for the 950XL.

So MS has confirmed the price at $549.00 with a $71.89 discount. plus sales tax = $528.69 :)

would be cool if i can put in for the display doc and keep the 950 and send back the 950XL if i decide the smaller phone works better for me.

:grin:

That's a fairly large discount. How'd you get that? What store did you call?

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Since MSFT sold out of the 950XL (pre-order) in only a single day, and considering that Gartner just reported that Windows Phones dropped to 1.7% of market share.... is it that MSFT just completely underestimated the number of us that want the 950XL or they just chose to have a very, very small number of them built to see what would happen?

If they don't get the next set of phones out quickly, we'll miss out on the free docking station.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Not 1.7 market share. 1.7 of new device sales. Since exactly zero Windows flagships were available during the report period, but new iphones and others were, no surprise. We don't know how many they made but they sure sold quick.

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
It was the Indianapolis store. (the only one is Indiana) the rep said that she would "order it online for me" so not sure what that means but she had me confirm my email address and CC details, then had me log into my email to ensure that I got the confirmation and the order number before we ended the call.

it was a bigger discount than the 10% education bonus I had for the XL ;)

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Hi,
Please anyone can let me know when are releasing 950 XL.I am waiting for this phone.
It depends on country and state. My delivery date from Germany (I am located in Romania and there is no MS Store here, so I purchased it from the German Amazon although I am not able to speak that language except for some minimal restaurant purposes) is 9-12 December 2015 and it costs me EUR 737,58 including the docking station. It seems to be much cheaper in America ...

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree that it was device sales, but I was using Gartner's term.

I'd love to see an interview with Microsoft's Panos Panay about them being sold out after only a single day of pre-orders and what their plans are going forward.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
WP most probably bought all of it. Its a harsh truth. No Android/iOS loving person would bother with our beloved WP. I hope things change. Its clear that WP can't compete with iOS/Android head-on as consumer phones. WP best hope is the enterprise which is really an opportunity for them.

I agree that it was device sales, but I was using Gartner's term.

I'd love to see an interview with Microsoft's Panos Panay about them being sold out after only a single day of pre-orders and what their plans are going forward.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
WP most probably bought all of it. Its a harsh truth. No Android/iOS loving person would bother with our beloved WP. I hope things change. Its clear that WP can't compete with iOS/Android head-on as consumer phones. WP best hope is the enterprise which is really an opportunity for them.

Gave my wife my 6S Plus (I've had every iPhone to date) and ordered a $60 640 while I wait for my 950 XL to arrive. I am loving windows phone after so long in iOS!!

Last edited:

White Raven7

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I only know Panos from his Oct presentation of the Lumia 950. It's in part because of his cool presentation that I got interested in the 950 (which I ordered 2 days ago, woohoo!). Like Panos said: "I'm so pumped!". I get the feeling MS is in good hands with Nadella and Panos. I like them both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven