01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Debit. I've never had this problem before!
    I had this happen to a buddy that pre-ordered a surface book. His card was declined due to a fraud detection, and when he went to re-order, the next ship date was like a month down the road.

He called customer service, and they straightened it all out, giving him his place back at the front of the line where it should have been. Be cordial on the phone, but be persistent. Cordial (so they want to help) and firm (so they know that you demand help) are keys. That's my $.02
    11-23-2015 05:10 PM
    I'm curious, you guys who's CC got charged did you opt for Express Shipping??? Or pre-order soon as the pre ordering began, I believe that was 12-12:30 on the 16th??
    My card was charged today.

I don't remember what it was called, but I did select the fastest available shipping option when I preordered.
    Captpt likes this.
    11-23-2015 05:12 PM
    I'm curious, you guys who's CC got charged did you opt for Express Shipping??? Or pre-order soon as the pre ordering began, I believe that was 12-12:30 on the 16th??
    My card is charged. Ordered about 15 minutes after ordering went live, and I chose the free standard shipping...
    11-23-2015 05:20 PM
    If its the same as the Band 2, my card was charged one day and the order shipped the next day. Even though I selected the slow shipping option on my phone, it was shipped overnight.
    11-23-2015 05:23 PM
    My CC charged.

I ordered November 16th.
    11-23-2015 05:24 PM
    I had this happen to a buddy that pre-ordered a surface book. His card was declined due to a fraud detection, and when he went to re-order, the next ship date was like a month down the road.

He called customer service, and they straightened it all out, giving him his place back at the front of the line where it should have been. Be cordial on the phone, but be persistent. Cordial (so they want to help) and firm (so they know that you demand help) are keys. That's my $.02

Thanks for the help. I've already called and been told that my order has been cancelled, but they can help me reorder. When I agreed to that, she then said "oh, seems this is unavailable." Guess I'll be one of the lucky ones that get to wait even though I preordered.
    11-23-2015 05:24 PM
    I ordered as soon as I saw it avail for preorder on 11/16... I did choose express shipping.
    11-23-2015 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the help. I've already called and been told that my order has been cancelled, but they can help me reorder. When I agreed to that, she then said "oh, seems this is unavailable." Guess I'll be one of the lucky ones that get to wait even though I preordered.
    Do you have a Microsoft Store near you? You might be able to snag one the day they're in stores, if you're lucky. At this point, that may be a quicker route than what a reorder will do for you.
    11-23-2015 05:32 PM
    This is exactly what he went through. Once he got to the right person, they saw the injustice in the situation, and corrected it. Unfortunately, it's a case where you have to get to the right person and where the persistency comes into play. Perhaps cordially asking to talk to a supervisor may help (I believe that's what he did, and eventually got to someone that got his order re-processed and shipped with the rest)...
    11-23-2015 05:41 PM
    Yup There are charges for both of my orders on my CC today from Microsoft Store in (WA).

Although they are marked as "Pending" I hope this means they are imminently being shipped ? and I have next day shipping on both. :D
    11-23-2015 05:54 PM
    My card was also charged: 1 unlocked XL and 2 unlocked 950's. Expedited shipping, no change to order page yet other than the order being "in process".
    11-23-2015 05:54 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I talked to three different agents. None were very helpful. One of them actually laughed out loud at me when I asked if he could help me with this issue. So unprofessional.
    11-23-2015 06:07 PM
    Put me on the list of charged but "in process." BTW I had placed my ordered on the 16 Nov but had to cancel and reorder with the help of the support staff to get my education discount

I have to say this has been a really messy pre-order process. Last time I did something like this, it was for an iPhone but you knew when to expect the phone after you completed the order. It was not a drawn out process like this. Like others have said, if this was for the fans, they should have known we are the worst type of customer. Fans nitpick everything!
    11-23-2015 06:07 PM
    I did not ask for Express and I got a charge today.

Order still shows 'In Process'
    11-23-2015 06:25 PM
    Do you have a Microsoft Store near you? You might be able to snag one the day they're in stores, if you're lucky. At this point, that may be a quicker route than what a reorder will do for you.

No, I live in Midland, TX. Neatest one to me is 5 hours away.
    11-23-2015 06:29 PM
    Rats. I preordered in physical store, but the first round was already sold out so I'm in the "pre-order backorder" group, whatever that is, LOL.
    So when the heck do I go in? (caution, needless tantrum ahead --->) I don't wanna go to the mall on Black Friday!! I just wanna lay on the sofa and eat myself into a coma and play with my new phone!
    geekladyemjay and Bartdog like this.
    11-23-2015 06:42 PM
    I have a 1520.3 with the same issue. Had to go back to my old faithful 920. I was considering replacing the screen to see if that would fix it but with the 950XL emanate I figured I would just wait it out.
    11-23-2015 06:58 PM
    My 2 cents... take it to the online webchat - quote your previous order number.
    If you dont get any help there, go to twitter and send it to @microsoftstore and cc @panospanay
    like somoene has said, be polite and plead your case, dont put your order number on twitter tho - but do say you were incorrectly cancelled and tell them youre a loyal Lumia fan.
    11-23-2015 07:16 PM
    I think I may have to cancel my order. After testing a 640 XL with insider Win 10 OS and then a 950 at a local ATT store, it appears my company will not approve the device to register with our email system. If Outlook was an independent app that did not require device account sign-in, all would be good. So disappointed. Looks like I will have to stick with my iOS until I can convince IT to approve the 950 XL. Was looking forward to the switch. Moved to the Surface Pro 3 last year and then the Surface Book (love Win 10) from a MB Air and iPad. Mobile device switch would have completed the conversion.
    11-23-2015 07:39 PM
    I think I may have to cancel my order. After testing a 640 XL with insider Win 10 OS and then a 950 at a local ATT store, it appears my company will not approve the device to register with our email system. If Outlook was an independent app that did not require device account sign-in, all would be good. So disappointed. Looks like I will have to stick with my iOS until I can convince IT to approve the 950 XL. Was looking forward to the switch. Moved to the Surface Pro 3 last year and then the Surface Book (love Win 10) from a MB Air and iPad. Mobile device switch would have completed the conversion.
    I think you said something about this a couple of days ago and I still don't understand the issue. Does "Outlook Mail" work for that purpose on your SP3 or Book? It's the same app. Existence of Microsoft account on the device in no way affects what email servers it can connect to.
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    11-23-2015 07:44 PM
    One more place to constantly check is account.Microsoft.com, order history at microsoftstore shows 'in process' but account shows 'complete'
    keithnet likes this.
    11-23-2015 07:46 PM
    One more place to constantly check is account.Microsoft.com, order history at microsoftstore shows 'in process' but account shows 'complete'
    Yes, that's what mine shows -forgot to check the store where mine does still say "In Process" -bugger.
    11-23-2015 08:03 PM
    That explains the other post. Mine also shows completed in the account order history which is probably due to the completed charge. In the store its still in process.
    11-23-2015 08:21 PM
    I think you said something about this a couple of days ago and I still don't understand the issue. Does "Outlook Mail" work for that purpose on your SP3 or Book? It's the same app. Existence of Microsoft account on the device in no way affects what email servers it can connect to.
    Mail / calendar works on my Surface Book with Win 10. SP3 with 8.1 did not connect to our server until I upgraded to Win 10. Thought the new Lumias were the same in that respect. When Outlook connects as an app, it works on Android and iOS. When I register the exchange account through the device settings, my company server rejects the Android and Lumia devices. Wish I understood the tech part more so I can explain it better.
    11-23-2015 08:24 PM
    Hmm, my order doesn't appear at all on that site. It shows up at the MS store fine saying 'in process', but there is nothing in the account.microsoft.com site for my 950xl order.
    11-23-2015 08:26 PM
1,799 ... 3233343536 ...