• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
01-16-2016 09:46 PM
1,799 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I did not pay for express shipping but for whatever reason my estimated delivery is TOMORROW!!!!

Sweet
    Same here! Too bad I'm on a plane and won't be able to get it until Monday. :(
    11-24-2015 09:45 AM
    Nice! The leather feels soft, like is is actually leather and not synthetic. It is very light weight. The real test will be how it looks and feels when attached.
    I like how companies like McDonalds and Mozo provide jobs for cows. Literally millions would have never even been born without them.
    11-24-2015 09:48 AM
    So i just saw Daniels tweet about how Cortana is offering to track his 950XL for him :)
    THAT is pretty cool, you have to admit!
    Also, that means the embargo is going to be lifted for 950XL reviews...very very soon :)
    11-24-2015 09:50 AM
    I talked to paypal and they said funds were there and preauthorized for MS but MS just didn't process it when they should have, as of last night when I called MS CS funds were still there and waiting.. Bottom line, MS just didn't process the order in the order they received it.. Sucks because I even called MS about this concern and even gave the Supervisor the order verification case # which he verified but would do nothing to help.. Sad thing is I got MS CS before the order went to cancel this morning and they wouldn't change the form of payment to my CC... In my books thats not very good customer support.
    That's unfortunate to hear for us PayPal users. I was told by PayPal CS that even though the pre-authorized payment expired, the order is still seen as "pending" on their end, and they are waiting on Microsoft to pull the money from it. I haven't received a cancellation or request to change payment email yet, but I'm expecting that to happen soon (I pre-ordered during the ship by November 25 period). Just annoying how they offer PayPal as a payment option and can't use it properly for pre-orders.

Oddly enough though, back when the Surface Pro 3 was going to be released, I used PayPal for pre-ordering that as well. There were no issues with that as I got both it and the type cover on release day. Hopefully it'll be the same for the phone.
    Last edited by ShadowMario3; 11-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    11-24-2015 09:59 AM
    Accounts.microsoft.com shows order as Complete, I now have no money in my bank account XD, microsoftstore account still shows "In Process", no tracking email yet! I ordered on 11/16 at about 6:22 pm EST
    11-24-2015 10:01 AM
    On the weekend, my 950XL order suddenly disappeared from my account at the store. Had me worried until I noticed that all prior orders were gone too. That's when I noticed that MS, in a massive failure in judgement IMO, has their on-line store farmed out to Digital River which is a HORRIBLY inept company. So if we are taking bets, I'll put my money on Digital River. PayPal is a much better run company.
    Uh oh.... They use Digital River?!? On second thought, I'm glad I did an in-store order.
    HoosierDaddy and jt09xlt like this.
    11-24-2015 10:13 AM
    Check out this unboxing video of the brown leather Mozo back for the 950...absolutely beautiful ! This is the same one I am getting for my 950 XL :)

Mozo cover for Lumia 950 unboxed and reviewed - WMPoweruser
    tuxedo323 and HoosierDaddy like this.
    11-24-2015 10:13 AM
    Check out this unboxing video of the brown leather Mozo back for the 950...absolutely beautiful ! This is the same one I am getting for my 950 XL :)

Looks good, but the review was horrible.
    11-24-2015 10:17 AM

I want to see ONE more production cover to see if the grain and mottling are identical on all the Cognac backs. I wish he had commented on whether the stitching is real or stamped/died. If it is real stitching, I don't understand why they aren't charging more for the cognac. The black and white don't have the expense of stitching but all are stamped. Basic business practices would be to charge more for ones that cost more to make. Duh! So is the stitching just stampings that look like stitching, or did Mozo consciously decide to make less money on the Cognac?
    11-24-2015 10:19 AM
    in my mind, i would take your order number and get back to customer service and explain to them again the situation.
    that is disappointing to say the least and definitely not the way Microsoft should handle an order of any value.
    i wouldnt give up on it... go to twitter and voice your opinion there - usually that gets people attention and can help.
    I did, even escalated to supervisor(I was always courteous and never rude)
    He said he agreed it should have been processed in the first hour or two but nothing he could do.. My order at the time was still in pending status but he said he couldn't update the payment form even with the order still being live, Paypal notification didn't register at MS yet.. Crazy if you ask me... I just posted on WP support twitter.. not holding my breath though..
    occamsmonkey likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:20 AM
    I liked and retweeted as that tends to get their attention.
    Captpt likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:41 AM
    How does it look? High quality?
    I ordered on as well, but have not received it yet.
    11-24-2015 10:42 AM
    I did, even escalated to supervisor(I was always courteous and never rude)
    He said he agreed it should have been processed in the first hour or two but nothing he could do.. My order at the time was still in pending status but he said he couldn't update the payment form even with the order still being live, Paypal notification didn't register at MS yet.. Crazy if you ask me... I just posted on WP support twitter.. not holding my breath though..
    I liked and retweeted as that tends to get their attention.
    may i suggest you tweet to @lumiahelp - the microsoftphone account is closed...
    also cc microsoftstore as they are the twitter account for the store...
    Captpt likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:53 AM
    I have a pending debit on my credit card as of 11/23 and the MS site still lists 'Order in process'.
    Looking forward to seeing myself & my fellow Canadians get their hands on their orders.
    The print on my F5 key is starting to disappear...
    jmajid likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:53 AM
    I have a pending debit on my credit card as of 11/23 and the MS site still lists 'Order in process'.
    Looking forward to seeing myself & my fellow Canadians get their hands on their orders.
    The print on my F5 key is starting to disappear...
    you can also start to wear our your ctrl and R keys... :)
    gerbir21 likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:56 AM
    Hello All,

Maybe the following will give a bit of hope for all of us undergoing the anguish of having used PayPal for our pre-orders. Like many of you excited to receive my shipment notification, I have seen my temporary authorization canceled on PayPal, but I still see my order as "In Process" as well as "Complete" on the Microsoft sites. I have had discussions with both PayPal and Microsoft this morning and this is what I have been told. From the PayPal side, they are relatively clueless. All they can tell me is that with the temporary authorizations on my PayPal Credit being canceled, this means that it was rejected on the Microsoft side. When I informed the agent that Microsoft is still showing everything as OK with the order, PayPal said the best thing to do was to reorder. Huh? The strange thing is that the first PayPal agent saw what I did on my summary - Temporary authorizations canceled...BUT she also saw on her screen that the transaction with Microsoft was still pending. When she put the "expert" on the line this is when he informed me that the transaction had been canceled by Microsoft....Now...From the Microsoft side...I spoke with Microsoft TWICE today. Both times i was informed that my order is in process and will be shipped soon. I was told that I could receive notification either today or tomorrow. When I explained what I was seeing with PayPal, I was assured both times that everything looks good with my order from the Microsoft side. One Microsoft agent stated that this is normal for Microsoft transactions with PayPal. First, they hit your funding source (PayPal, credit card, etc)...They pre-authorize to make sure funds are there...Next, when they are about to ship they hit your funding source a second time to ensure that everything is okay to charge. I was told that my funding source (PayPal Credit) was hit on 11/16 and yesterday, 11/23. Microsoft told me that everything looks good and that the temporary authorizations automatically drop on the PayPal side. So, this may very well be how PayPal's system is configured, but as I understand it, I have already authorized this charge, so Microsoft will hit the account one last time when they ship and it should automatically go through with PayPal. I guess I'll be patient a bit longer. For those of you thinking of ordering again, you may want to contact Microsoft first to see if everything looks good on their side. If not, you might run the risk of getting two 950 XLs and being charged twice.
    jmajid, plinko and ShadowMario3 like this.
    11-24-2015 10:57 AM
    Read an article today that some people are already scheduled to get their 950XL phones tomorrow. OOOOO, hope I will be one of the lucky ones. But, seeing how I'm never that lucky and I have yet to see an email from MS saying my phone has been processed and shipped......
    11-24-2015 11:19 AM
    my 950xl pre order that went in on the 16th is still in "process" and my card was billed yesterday. im not a happy camper. as if its not dispatched by 1pm ET the earliest I will see my phone is Friday... not happy at all :(
    11-24-2015 11:23 AM
    Hello All,

Maybe the following will give a bit of hope for all of us undergoing the anguish of having used PayPal for our pre-orders. Like many of you excited to receive my shipment notification, I have seen my temporary authorization canceled on PayPal, but I still see my order as "In Process" as well as "Complete" on the Microsoft sites. I have had discussions with both PayPal and Microsoft this morning and this is what I have been told. From the PayPal side, they are relatively clueless. All they can tell me is that with the temporary authorizations on my PayPal Credit being canceled, this means that it was rejected on the Microsoft side. When I informed the agent that Microsoft is still showing everything as OK with the order, PayPal said the best thing to do was to reorder. Huh? The strange thing is that the first PayPal agent saw what I did on my summary - Temporary authorizations canceled...BUT she also saw on her screen that the transaction with Microsoft was still pending. When she put the "expert" on the line this is when he informed me that the transaction had been canceled by Microsoft....Now...From the Microsoft side...I spoke with Microsoft TWICE today. Both times i was informed that my order is in process and will be shipped soon. I was told that I could receive notification either today or tomorrow. When I explained what I was seeing with PayPal, I was assured both times that everything looks good with my order from the Microsoft side. One Microsoft agent stated that this is normal for Microsoft transactions with PayPal. First, they hit your funding source (PayPal, credit card, etc)...They pre-authorize to make sure funds are there...Next, when they are about to ship they hit your funding source a second time to ensure that everything is okay to charge. I was told that my funding source (PayPal Credit) was hit on 11/16 and yesterday, 11/23. Microsoft told me that everything looks good and that the temporary authorizations automatically drop on the PayPal side. So, this may very well be how PayPal's system is configured, but as I understand it, I have already authorized this charge, so Microsoft will hit the account one last time when they ship and it should automatically go through with PayPal. I guess I'll be patient a bit longer. For those of you thinking of ordering again, you may want to contact Microsoft first to see if everything looks good on their side. If not, you might run the risk of getting two 950 XLs and being charged twice.
    Yeah, interestingly enough, when I look at my PayPal account through the Windows Phone app, the status for the Lumia 950 XL is still shown as Pending. That order does not show up at all when I log in through the website itself, and only the canceled pre-authorization showed up. I used PayPal for my Surface Pro 3 pre-order last year, and I still received it on the ship by date (June 20 IIRC) with no issues in the end, so hopefully it'll be the same here. I didn't get a shipment confirmation until the afternoon the day before (June 19), so they can definitely still ship it quickly for it to arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by ShadowMario3; 11-24-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    11-24-2015 11:25 AM
    To those who pre-ordered in store, did any of you receive emails about your orders (except for pre-order confirmations)? It's my first pre-order and I have no idea whether they will call or email or nothing at all?
    I received an email with a barcode almost immediately. Beyond that, I don't know either. I guess I just have to keep turning up at the store until they get sick of me and give me one.
    11-24-2015 11:35 AM
    I received an email with a barcode almost immediately. Beyond that, I don't know either. I guess I just have to keep turning up at the store until they get sick of me and give me one.
    I called my store and I'll have my phone by 6pm on Thursday. Well, or whenever I'm able to get away from Thanksgiving dinner and make it to the mall where the MSFT kiosk is located.
    11-24-2015 11:49 AM
    I placed two ordesr both around 11:20 AM on Nov 16th and got confirmation for second one few minutes ago. Guess they are still processing.
    11-24-2015 12:15 PM
    I did an in-store pre-order for the 950XL and they said it'll be available Thursday as well :). Looking forward to it!
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-24-2015 12:16 PM
    For folks with shipped orders, do you have a tracking number that works on UPS.com yet? Mine still doesn't work. :-(
    11-24-2015 12:25 PM
    For folks with shipped orders, do you have a tracking number that works on UPS.com yet? Mine still doesn't work. :-(
    Mine is still throwing red text on the site too. :/
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-24-2015 12:30 PM
1,799 ... 3637383940 ...