01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 23456 ...
tools
    That's my fear. New and improved scares me when the new and improved thing is something I like...
    I'm hopeful that the problems I'm having are because this is a preview build and not final. Otherwise, really liking the 10572 build. Time will tell.
    JDHamilton6 likes this.
    10-28-2015 05:15 PM
    Good to know. My '14 is a recent program car purchase (June) so I'm still running on the free trial period. I've been weighing the pros and cons of renewing when the time comes.
    My pleasure JD, I have to note I haven't even downloaded the Uconnect app on my 640XL, since I didn't resubscribe the only features the Uconnect would need for me to have the Uconnect app on the phone to have the Jeep's Uconnect apps to run is Pandora, Yelp, iHeart radio, honestly the car apps take way too long to load and then sync with the phone's Uconnect app compared to just streaming Pandora, Mp3's, iHeart and Spotify through Media/Bluetooth.. Even with Uconnect not installed on my phone the texts still come up to listen or read just like before, recent calls, contacts ect still load into the car's Uconnect system, having the Uconnect app IS NOT needed on your phone which I think is great since its one less app running to drain the phone's battery..
    JDHamilton6 likes this.
    10-28-2015 06:00 PM
    Preordered and waiting...
    10-29-2015 04:13 AM
    One cool trick, and I found this by searching interweb so I can't take credit... When you pair your phone and it downloads your address book it adds an entry for Cortana. So you can press the phone button, say "call Cortana" and it opens a pass through to her. You can then do any Cortana trick you want. I use it to start a text conversation from scratch without getting a text first. I.e. "Call Cortana... text Darron Smith..."

ETA: Sorry to take things off topic. I guess it's a way to kill time while we're waiting...
    Hmm...that sounds like Cortana. For me, the Jeep would tell me I have a text and offer to read it, then shortly thereafter, Cortana would do the same. Redundant and annoying. I'll try to disconnect and reconnect to see if I can get it more streamlined. As far as your other little tip, that's FANTASTIC! I have a 2015 JGC Overland, so it should work for me too. I'm excited to give it a try! Thanks man! :)
    JDHamilton6 likes this.
    10-29-2015 04:35 AM
    One cool trick, and I found this by searching interweb so I can't take credit... When you pair your phone and it downloads your address book it adds an entry for Cortana. So you can press the phone button, say "call Cortana" and it opens a pass through to her. You can then do any Cortana trick you want. I use it to start a text conversation from scratch without getting a text first. I.e. "Call Cortana... text Darron Smith..."
    Very cool, didn't know that little trick.. Thanks for sharing JD 😉
    JDHamilton6 and geekladyemjay like this.
    10-29-2015 07:33 AM
    Waiting, waiting.... I really think I want to move from Android over to the Windows platform this time and I'm anxiously waiting for the 950XL. I would definitely do the bundle with the Band 2 if it is offered.
    Will there be bundles? I hear Germany is getting free Continuum docks. I'd love to get a Band 2.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    10-29-2015 08:45 AM
    I am hoping to get this when it releases this December where I live. I am trying to understand why Microsoft is keen on updating apps for Android and iOS over Windows. They are choosing a rival platform which does not share their apps and services with their own platform, but Microsoft seems too happy to share.
    10-29-2015 09:54 AM
    +920. Been waiting for this phone for the longest time.... Some people keep saying wait for the Surface Phone, well I can't. Even though my 920 still functions well enough to be a daily driver, it is still starting to fall apart (front camera completely dusted and gone, sim card trade semi-broken, one of the button light broken), although it did survive a 5-minute lake dive and was magically revived.
    If Surface Phone did come out in 2016, then perhaps i'll just have to sell this, who knows, maybe it won't be that much better than 950XL, this phone is a beast!
    Bartdog likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:15 AM
    I've been waiting for ages for a perfect replacement for my 925, which is still in superb condition... Can't wait any further. 950XL seems to be the answer. Hope I can have one by the end of this year.
    Bartdog likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:17 AM
    @rocker1m1: Hopefully this changes with the release of WM10. However, to not provide the support to iOS and Android that they provide would otherwise mean that they lose the majority of the mobile market for productivity suites which would eventually impact the desktop market. It is a shame that they have allowed their apps for WP8 to languish, but that choice was likely made because they are developing something better for WM10. It is a calculated risk, but if what they release for 10 is equal to or better than what they have on iOS and Android and if they do not lose too many users over it then it was likely worth it in the long run.
    10-29-2015 10:20 AM
    Currently rocking a T-Mobile 521 with Win10 Mobile after selling my 1520 in preparation for 950xl purchase.
    Although the 521 run Win10Mo ... it's quite painful.

Can't decide if I'm goin to hold back on accessory purchases right away or not.
    Dock? Mozo Leather back? Bluetooth keyboard?
    This thing is goin to get real expensive real quick.
    10-29-2015 10:47 AM
    Currently rocking a T-Mobile 521 with Win10 Mobile after selling my 1520 in preparation for 950xl purchase.
    Although the 521 run Win10Mo ... it's quite painful.
    If I were you, I'd keep that 521 on wp8.1.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-29-2015 10:48 AM
    that day when email comes from Microsoft which tells us that we can start preordering ,that day I will put through my preorder
    10-29-2015 11:26 AM
    Why is there only news for the release over seas? The waiting is killing me just a date would help.
    10-29-2015 11:58 AM
    that day when email comes from Microsoft which tells us that we can start preordering ,that day I will put through my preorder
    I preordered mine in the store weeks ago when I was in there about my Surface 3 and was talking to them about the phone they asked me if I wanted to preorder the xl I wasn't going to because I wasn't going to get the xl but then decided to. So I have preordered I just want to know what date it is coming!
    10-29-2015 12:00 PM
    Took forever for my wife to stop using that and use the the Surface RT we bought way back lol. Still lying aorund, feels like such a waste to throw it away, need some ideas what I could do with it :D
    I have heard that Android can be hacked onto the Touchpad without too much trouble. Granted it would be AOSP and many don't prefer Android, but it would give you access to more apps, if at a cost of reduced battery life and responsiveness.
    anthonyng likes this.
    10-29-2015 12:42 PM
    I am hoping to get this when it releases this December where I live. I am trying to understand why Microsoft is keen on updating apps for Android and iOS over Windows. They are choosing a rival platform which does not share their apps and services with their own platform, but Microsoft seems too happy to share.
    I'm not sure which iOS apps you are talking about. If you're referring to Office stuff, and other services, those are separate departments of MS and don't really have anything to do with Windows Phone. Those apps are in the works for phone, but will be available in W10. If you mean their other projects like MS Garage, that's something people do based on their own skill, it's not directed by MS.
    10-29-2015 12:52 PM
    More info please. I don't care about the money but am always looking for an excuse to swim thru gator pits.
    https://www.citi.com/credit-card-det...re-credit-card
    10-29-2015 01:02 PM
    I preordered mine in the store weeks ago when I was in there about my Surface 3 and was talking to them about the phone they asked me if I wanted to preorder the xl I wasn't going to because I wasn't going to get the xl but then decided to. So I have preordered I just want to know what date it is coming!
    well i'm from Caribbean, there aren't any Msft Stores here, but I usually purchase my phones unlocked, so once it's on Msft Site unlocked, i'm gonna get mine
    10-29-2015 02:14 PM
    I called the store he said they are fixing and changing some things. I asked him why the offer for preorder is not on the site but I was able to he said it was because I got it in before they pulled them from the shelves. He said that I should leave my preorder as is and that I will get a call and an email when it is in. I am glad they are getting everything right before they release it I just have to learn to practice patience. It helped to talk to someone at the store.
    10-29-2015 02:34 PM
    I have bought Band 2 already, witing to buy 950 XL and continuum dock. any ideas on when they will be available?
    at this point, my guess is never. November release, and right now, no date. Pretty pathetic. That tells me that W10M isn't ready.
    10-29-2015 02:36 PM
    In Canada I was told late november
    10-29-2015 03:48 PM
    Amazon are showing the 950 & 950XL for pre order here in the UK expected 12th December.
    10-29-2015 04:23 PM
    at this point, my guess is never.
    Tell me who you guess will win the World Series? Then I can get rich betting on the other team. :)

Patience. It will come.
    Bartdog likes this.
    10-29-2015 05:03 PM
    Tell me who you guess will win the World Series? Then I can get rich betting on the other team. :)

Patience. It will come.
    Word on the streets is he likes the METS.
    10-29-2015 06:50 PM
1,799 ... 23456 ...