01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    I haven't received a call or email either. But call them again, once you are connected to the call center, tell them to connect you to the physical store. They will ask if they can help you, tell them no and ask to be connected to the manager.
    I never received an email nor a phone call either so I just drove to the store last night, had to stand in line and picked up my phone. Fortunately store is only 10 minutes away.
    11-27-2015 12:07 PM
    Ordered mine on 11/16 and still have not received confirmation that it has been shipped. Still in "order processing" status. Hope I don't have to wait long, and hoping dock won't be sold out when finally get the phone. I'm in the USA
    Umm I had the same issue and I ordered 10 min after presales went live on the 16th, Long story short, multiple calls Monday (Nov 23)evening then Tuesday when many here were getting notified.. Order stayed stuck in "order processing", MS was blaming PayPal and visa versa, MS would not change Payment to my Credit Card to push my order forward taking paypal out of the equation so only fix was cancel my Nov.16th order and reorder when they became available again... I'm looking at Dec 11th or sooner now, needless to say I was not a happy camper.
    Bottom line, I'd give them a call..
    Last edited by Captpt; 11-27-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-27-2015 12:09 PM
    This happened: Like ya'll I have been waiting for the Lumia twins since months. I placed an order on Nov 16 as soon as the orders went live. I saw a charge on my cc like everyone else on Nov 23rd. This is where things went downhill. Ya'll got tracking numbers and I didn't, called MS supported 4 times, everytime I was promised that it would be shipped by end of Nov 25th. Late Nov 25th I called again and inquired, the CSR said I would get an email soon as it was escalated. I never got a response even up till this morning, called them up again. This time it went through an incredibly incompetent process (verified my Identity twice,put me on hold for 15 mins) after 20 mins of the call the CSR says he has escalated the issue and they will try to ship the device on Dec 14th. I straight up cancelled my order. I think I am going to get myself a Nexus 6p. I don't believe MS wants to sell their phones, they have botched this up real bad for me. Goodluck to you all with the Lumias, I am outta the Windows phone ecosystem.
    11-27-2015 12:37 PM
    Yeah, MS just doesn't want to sell their phones and started with you. Such a shame.
    editguy likes this.
    11-27-2015 01:09 PM
    I really felt like MS wasn't truly handling the orders, like you I called multiple times and was always told everything is fine but it really wasn't, plus they're inability to change payment form had me questioning who was really handling pre-orders & processing.. I too almost gave up completely due to the lousy customer support handling my pre-order..
    Went to my local AT&T stores and almost pulled the trigger on a Galaxy S6 edge plus but I decided I could wait a few more weeks for a OS I preferred plus as flashy and nice the Edge Plus was I knew the battery life would suck in comparison with not swappable battery(or SD card), I've yet to run low battery wise on my 640XL even on heavy days of lots of Bluetooth streaming, GPS use and net surfing..
    jmajid and metalb00 like this.
    11-27-2015 01:17 PM
    After using the 640 I really liked win phone vs Android(chose to ignore the app gap and other issues). But I really felt like I was taken on a wild goose chase with my lumia order. I've had better customer support from a small Chinese company for a USB cable bought on amazon. In my past experience Google replaced my broken phone even when it was out of warranty. I see no reason why I should put up with MS's B.S. Maybe I'll try to come back to win10 once MS has got their shiz together
    11-27-2015 01:54 PM
    I have gotten 2 emails saying preorder is open with links to MS store. Both time, Monday and today, I get the "Email when available" button instead of buy now. Eveyone else seeing this too?
    ram_gude likes this.
    11-27-2015 02:07 PM
    I have gotten 2 emails saying preorder is open with links to MS store. Both time, Monday and today, I get the "Email when available" button instead of buy now. Eveyone else seeing this too?
    It showed 'add to cart' the few times I checked. However, they quickly go back to 'email when available'. They seem to have very limited stock of these phones.
    thalador likes this.
    11-27-2015 02:11 PM
    nevermind, figured out how to get rid of birthdays.
    11-27-2015 03:01 PM
    Well, I caved, and instead of waiting for the 950XL, I ordered a 950 through AT&T's next program. The 0% payment plan and the fact that my 920 is finally going down pushed it. I'll use the 950 for now and wait on the Surface phone. Unless any of you guys that pre-ordered 2 or 3 XLs wanna send one my way.
    11-27-2015 03:15 PM
    It showed 'add to cart' the few times I checked. However, they quickly go back to 'email when available'. They seem to have very limited stock of these phones.
    Yep, had the same thing.. You have to move REALLY fast and make sure your already signed in and method of payment is set up in your MS account so your order goes as fast as possible.. took me 2 tries, 1st time I received that email saying it was available and I took my time picked a black one then went carefully made sure all my T's were crossed and hit checkout and by then it was already sold out, I even called CS and she saw it in my cart and it already generated a order number but stock was out, again I was pretty peeved(again), 2nd time I didn't even wait for the email, just kept checking from time to time and when a white one shown available I shot through the process like my butt was on fire and it went through... Color didn't really matter since I already had a Mozo Black leather back cover ordered..
    ectobs and jmajid like this.
    11-27-2015 04:01 PM
    Sorry to hear that, good luck with the Nexus, you'll need it
    ram_gude likes this.
    11-27-2015 04:53 PM
    I have finally caved after weeks of deliberating between first should I or shouldn't I and then 950 or 950 XL. Pre-ordered on Amazon UK ready to be used as my 'work' mobile :) Is AirWatch still available on the Windows Store at all?
    11-27-2015 05:12 PM
    What a drag with the online ordering snafus. I had similar difficulty with the redeeming free dock procedure. But it succeeded finally, after I ordered one straight up without coupon. Guess I'll leave one setup at the office, travel with other.

One word of encouragement..........Worth!

I've now had time to stretch the XL. It's a really nice piece. The frustration will be behind you while you have many months of enjoyment in front. I took my SIM out of a 26 month old 1520. Here's to hoping this new XL can match that!
    Ben Schmidt1 likes this.
    11-27-2015 06:17 PM
    well i got mine instore today in bridgewater nj, got the last one and didnt preorder in store. canceled my order from the webstore that i made the day preorders went live, still listed a will ship by 11/25 date. when i cancelled they said the phone is backordered. im super disappointed that i didnt get an email notifying me of the delay. but i was able to pick up the xbox one elite controller aswell and cancel the one i had on back order through amazon
    11-27-2015 07:40 PM
    What a drag with the online ordering snafus. I had similar difficulty with the redeeming free dock procedure. But it succeeded finally, after I ordered one straight up without coupon. Guess I'll leave one setup at the office, travel with other.

One word of encouragement..........Worth!

I've now had time to stretch the XL. It's a really nice piece. The frustration will be behind you while you have many months of enjoyment in front. I took my SIM out of a 26 month old 1520. Here's to hoping this new XL can match that!
    Finally was able to order my docking station... took a couple phone calls, and a lot of hold time, and a day for the site to be updated with stock availability, but I think I made the right decision. Only time will tell.

Phone still seems to get a little warm for my liking.
    206Husky likes this.
    11-27-2015 07:46 PM
    Just got a shipment confirmation that the free display dock has shipped...
    11-27-2015 11:41 PM
    HEY..I went to the local Microsoft Store in San Juan Puerto Rico...after work on Nov 26 2015,,,I finished work at midnight,,,so it was already BLACK FRIDAY...there was quite a line inside the STORE,,,but since I had made a Pre Order,,I was taken to the front to pay for my Lumia 950 XL!!!!!
    Musicman247 and libra89 like this.
    11-28-2015 12:40 AM
    I was able to use te LUMIA OFFERS application,,, and was able to place the order for my free Docking Station,,,,
    11-28-2015 01:08 AM
    i assume you did not pre order? i went to my MS store at the mall, they had 950 and 950xl on display but they were not selling them. just fulfilling preorders first. called day before and i was told preorders only so i should wait 48 hours. i asked the guy at the store when i can come back and buy again, he said dont know no clue
    11-28-2015 04:17 AM
    the whole "add to cart" and email when available dance is really getting annoying. black just said add to cart not even 2 minutes i try to order and boom out of stock. why not just instead of doing that or letting people order, just let people reserve a slot with like few hours expiration or something. send them email saying its available to order and done.

yes it sounds like invite system for Oneplus but atleast if you got invite you had time to buy. now im waiting for the "add to cart" to pop up and still not even sure i can get it
    thalador likes this.
    11-28-2015 05:01 AM
    Do you guys think Microsoft have just been legitimately surprised by the demand for both the 950 and the XL and are struggling now to rump up production quick enough? Or do you think they are just intentionally making sure they limit production numbers to avoid excess left over stock after the initial wave of purchases?
    11-28-2015 06:02 AM
    Well I've had mine long enough to return it over the voicemail issue. Maybe you can get my lightly used one refurbished.
    11-28-2015 06:25 AM
    Yes, have the squeaky cover, which is annoying but not too bad.

What does concern me, however, is that the phone does not appear to charge through the supplied USB cable (neither from my car charger nor my Surface Pro 3). The hardwired wall charger works, though.
    11-28-2015 08:16 AM
    6tag_281115-140626.jpg

Just a first lowlight shot i like it its even better as my 1020 :)
    11-28-2015 09:15 AM
1,799 ... 4950515253 ...