01-16-2016 09:46 PM
1,799 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    dag namit, ordered my from CPW for the same price....
    Cheer up. It all averages out. When his is 2 years and a day old, yours will only be 2 years old.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-29-2015 08:27 AM
    Argos have the lumia 950xl at 469.99 and next day delivery :-) just ordered mine
    Nice find, just ordered mine.

Will cancel my CPW order or send it back if to late to cancel.
    11-29-2015 08:58 AM
    Does this mean they have it in stock and we could get it tomorrow or next day from release day?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-29-2015 09:10 AM
    wish my amazon had something. there are 2 on amason right now for $900+. i want the phone but i dont want it that much
    11-29-2015 02:24 PM
    Argos have the lumia 950xl at 469.99 and next day delivery :-) just ordered mine
    Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order and placed one with Argos, actually looking forward to work tomorrow now lol :)
    11-29-2015 03:15 PM
    I am in the Boston area an the MS store had both the 950 and 950Xl in stock yesterday. I was shocked
    11-29-2015 04:02 PM
    I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. I stopped by the kiosk at the mall yesterday and they didn't have either phone on display. He said all of the 950XL's they had were already pre-ordered.
    11-29-2015 04:16 PM
    I am in the Boston area an the MS store had both the 950 and 950Xl in stock yesterday. I was shocked
    Seriously? I preordered and still didn't get the email or call. Boston store is utter crap.
    11-29-2015 08:15 PM
    I bought the 950 XL on Friday, spend two solid days with it, and returned it today. It is a beautiful and very fast device, and the camera is SOLID. I really wanted it to work, but too many of the apps I use on regular basis (especially for my work) were simply not available in the Windows app store. The app that were available lacked a lot of features (including UX/UI) that iOS and Android users have come to enjoy. Perhaps I was expected too much, too soon from the Lumia 950 XL.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-29-2015 08:58 PM
    I bought the 950 XL on Friday, spend two solid days with it, and returned it today. It is a beautiful and very fast device, and the camera is SOLID. I really wanted it to work, but too many of the apps I use on regular basis (especially for my work) were simply not available in the Windows app store. The app that were available lacked a lot of features (including UX/UI) that iOS and Android users have come to enjoy. Perhaps I was expected too much, too soon from the Lumia 950 XL.
    Mine will probably be going back as well, underwhelmed with the experience so far. Random apps closing (messenger), time to save photos is extremely long compared to the note 5, onedrive is not syncing anywhere near as consistent as on Android (it currently has about 75 photos waiting to backup for me, looks like it is not working in the background like it should), back plate is loose (has been replaced once already due to freezing up when toggling brightness).

I can deal with apps, but WP8.1 seems like a better overall user experience to me (Yellow and White 1520.3's in the past).
    FinancialP likes this.
    11-29-2015 10:16 PM
    microsoft store hawaii. according to the MS guy about 100 people preordered. and today only 5 left and he said they all called to confirm but never picked up. called the store on thanksgiving and they told me wait 48 hours for the preorders to be picked up first. 4 days later some people still never picked up their order. they should have cancelled and sold it already
    11-29-2015 10:23 PM
    Dude quit bashing the phone because you don't have the apps you want!!!! The phone is fine works as advertised, on the other hand the OS is still in flux, I remember when android and iOS cam out and everybody was WHINING because they did not have cut and paste , then android got it and iOS was lagging, Hell they both tried to say web apps were the future and failed. Just because you hate MS don't stomp on the hardware and matter of fact any of it. Also EVERYBODY needs to stop complaining about the application situation.... you know its there and should have been on the forefront of your purchasing evaluation.

11-30-2015 12:51 AM
    funny these people i see complaining about apps already have or have been using windows phones before getting the 950/950xl. its like buying something in red and then wanting to return it because its red.
    aximtreo, libra89 and indianarash7 like this.
    11-30-2015 01:36 AM
    Just cancelled my preorder with Microsoft and have ordered from Argos instead.
    indianarash7 likes this.
    11-30-2015 03:33 AM
    If your reason for returning the phone is apps then you're a moron for getting it in the first place. I could understand if the phone itself was disappointing but why would you complain that the apps you need aren't available AFTER getting the phone? Did it not occur to you to check whether those apps were available beforehand?
    aximtreo, TennisGuy45 and ectobs like this.
    11-30-2015 03:34 AM
    I picked up my pre-ordered 950 XL yesterday but had to wait until Sunday to use it because I needed a nano sim card from AT&T. It has been one year since I used a Windows Phone and it is kind of fun to be back. I've got the black leather Mozo back cover on I think the phone looks really nice. I've only used the 950 XL for a few hours, and haven't tried the camera yet, but some initial impression:

- Feels much better in the hand than the Lumia 1520 or Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
    - Screen is very smooth and responsive, scrolls faster than the Note Edge
    - Hello works better than anticipated
    - Cortana works much better on Windows than on Android
    - Nice to be able to finally use Cortana with Microsoft Band
    - I LOVE that my browser favorites finally synch with my phone
    - Wireless charging works with Mozo cover
    - I wish the second sim icon at the top of the screen wasn't there
    - I've gone through my Android apps and the only one I can't find an app or web solution for is Barnes & Noble Nook
    - Groove Music looks much better on Windows than Android; Spotify looks the same on both.
    - TapaTalk for Windows is about five versions behind Android
    - So far I have not experience a single glitch (knock on wood)
    11-30-2015 05:08 AM
    Still hovering over the Order button. Will we be able to get the free Continuum dock if we buy from Argos?

EDIT: **** it, just ordered it
    Last edited by mathewhayward; 11-30-2015 at 05:52 AM.
    aximtreo and jmajid like this.
    11-30-2015 05:34 AM
    Ordered 950XL White. It got launched in India today. Price is a bit on the higher side for my expectation. "Hello" 950XL :)
    11-30-2015 06:01 AM
    I
    - Wireless charging works with Mozo cover
    - So far I have not experience a single glitch (knock on wood)
    Nice review glad your enjoying the XL!!
    Have the black Mozo coming also, which wireless charger do you have?
    I understand they moved the charging pad on stock cover & now doesn't work with the DT-910 stand and hoping the Mozo's pad is located so it works with it.
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-30-2015 06:33 AM
    Any chance you can list the Apps you were unable to find? It would help others out!
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-30-2015 06:46 AM
    Saw the 950XL at a store in Gurgaon, India today and paid and booked for a black handset. A few points

1. General availability is 11 Dec
    2. The handset does look quite bland, like the 640XL, but thinner. I am glad I pre-ordered a Mozo replacement back to make it feel a bit more premium.
    3. Continuum is impressive,but I myself can't think of a use case for it
    4. Price is 49.3k, which is justifiable considering the hardware inside, but hard to justify in a market like India, where people would rather buy an iPhone for a little more.
    5. The software is tweaked to make the display look like an LCD, but you can increase the vibrance to make it look more OLED
    6. Continuum dock is free if you order now via their store.
    11-30-2015 06:49 AM
    With only 4 post to your name something smells fishy, Anyway there are a lot of apps that have an alternative had you bothered to list the missing apps members might of been able to help you.
    11-30-2015 07:40 AM
    Mine is coming tomorrow, I live in Sweden and Elgiganten (Dixon in UK) sent the shipping details today. Two days ahead of the estimated date.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-30-2015 07:44 AM
    I have only found a couple apps that aren't available and I've set up shortcuts in the browser to accommodate them. That will work for now and maybe someday there will be an app. I have my phone set up with the front screen layout I want, colors, added my contacts, and everything is working well. Pictures are awesome, texting is much easier than it was on my LG Android (I was continually hitting two letters at the same time and I don't seem to be doing that with this phone) and the one thing I especially like is having all my apps in a list in alphabetical order. I was continually losing my apps on my Android. Very happy so far.
    geekladyemjay and jmajid like this.
    11-30-2015 07:49 AM
    Pre-ordered mine from Unlocked Mobiles a month ago. Emailed them to see if they were going to ship on time, or possibly early. It'll ship out on the 2nd as planned, which means I'll get it the day after the Windows Insider event in London.

Can't relay complain. Just wish I would have it by Wednesday!
    11-30-2015 07:58 AM
1,799 ... 5152535455 ...