01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    Preordered a Black Lumia 950 XL with Optus Australia- Getting a XBOX One 1 TB Bundle freeee. Yay!!!
    11-30-2015 09:12 AM
    Any chance you can list the Apps you were unable to find? It would help others out!
    his answer would be SNAPCHAT. lol
    metalb00 likes this.
    11-30-2015 09:14 AM
    Just cancelled my preorder with Microsoft and have ordered from Argos instead.
    Is the Argos handset dual sim or mono sim??
    11-30-2015 09:15 AM
    Is the Argos handset dual sim or mono sim??
    All UK phones are single SIM
    1st_Raven likes this.
    11-30-2015 09:16 AM
    Dude quit bashing the phone because you don't have the apps you want!!!! The phone is fine works as advertised, on the other hand the OS is still in flux, I remember when android and iOS cam out and everybody was WHINING because they did not have cut and paste , then android got it and iOS was lagging, Hell they both tried to say web apps were the future and failed. Just because you hate MS don't stomp on the hardware and matter of fact any of it. Also EVERYBODY needs to stop complaining about the application situation.... you know its there and should have been on the forefront of your purchasing evaluation.
    Kudos! Every Windows 10 Mobile user knows the app situation, so no need to crib! Chad Welsh is absolutely right!
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-30-2015 09:17 AM
    All UK phones are single SIM
    thanks matthew
    11-30-2015 09:18 AM
    Well, today is the day. Going to finally pick up my pre-ordered black 950XL after lunch today! Very excited!
    libra89, Jdalmau59, ectobs and 5 others like this.
    11-30-2015 09:27 AM
    Just letting you all know, you can get phone Lumia 950 XL from Microsoft Lumia 950 XL LTE Dual Sim for $669USD and $35 shipping which totals to $704USD
    11-30-2015 09:42 AM
    Just letting you all know, you can get phone Lumia 950 XL from Microsoft Lumia 950 XL LTE Dual Sim for $669USD and $35 shipping which totals to $704USD
    Unless you've had experience with this retailer, I'd stay away. They have several of the specs of the device wrong on that page.
    11-30-2015 09:47 AM
    Unless you've had experience with this retailer, I'd stay away. They have several of the specs of the device wrong on that page.
    I have experience from the website I know their website shows wrong specs of some devices but what they show is exactly what you get,I ordered my Lumia 1020,Lumia 930 and some other budget lumia devices from them, they ship to many countries, you checkout using Amazon Payments, all products are shipped from Asia Pacific warehouses, so devices you don't find much in USA,they would have stock of it. I've been purchasing from them for years and since Microsoft USA running out of stock I checked them to see if they have any and they recently updated their listing to show it, Just ordered mine.

*I was skeptical at first, then I did online chat with them, and sent many emails, then I ordered my Lumia 1020 from them two years back, since then I've been using them*
    11-30-2015 09:55 AM
    I am trying to upload a photo taken with my new 950 XL...but the uploader in this blog is not working,,,what can I do???
    11-30-2015 10:22 AM
    I am trying to upload a photo taken with my new 950 XL...but the uploader in this blog is not working,,,what can I do???
    My go-to image uploader is imgur.com the mobile interface works with W10m.

Edit: This post is leet
    Last edited by Musicman247; 11-30-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    11-30-2015 10:41 AM
    The execution of deployment of this phone has been a disaster in my opinion. Microsoft knew there was a certain level of demand for this phone and they didn't manufacture enough phones for this. The reserved phones at the store have been an utter joke, if you reserved a phone it should be first come first serve bases. The stores didn't take money for the phone when we reserved it, so if someone isn't going to take the time to walk into the store when they know it's available then they can wait.
    dwigfor likes this.
    11-30-2015 11:16 AM
    Still waiting for me Lumia 950XL order status to change from "in process" to "shipped" I talked to support over the weekend and was told that my pre-order was one of many that got mixed up with black Friday orders....which makes no sense because I put my order in 10 before black Friday. Any my order should go through today. Question for those that already their phones...and forgive me if this is a dumb ?, but does windows 10 mobile have "kids corner" like WP8 did?
    11-30-2015 11:32 AM
    The execution of deployment of this phone has been a disaster in my opinion. Microsoft knew there was a certain level of demand for this phone and they didn't manufacture enough phones for this. The reserved phones at the store have been an utter joke, if you reserved a phone it should be first come first serve bases. The stores didn't take money for the phone when we reserved it, so if someone isn't going to take the time to walk into the store when they know it's available then they can wait.
    They made enough to cover in-store pre-orders, and probably matched that number for online pre-orders. If anyone is to blame for low numbers it's wishy-washy fans who decided to wait until the last minute to commit. And now you decide to rant about it.

If you didn't pre-order, that's on you. They said it would launch in November, and it did. I don't see how this "has been a disaster".
    11-30-2015 11:41 AM
    some of us did do a down payment so not true Delta470 so not true.
    11-30-2015 12:00 PM
    Question for those that already their phones...and forgive me if this is a dumb ?, but does windows 10 mobile have "kids corner" like WP8 did?
    I have W10m running on my 925, and Kid's Corner is there, under Accounts in Settings.
    Nambi Guazu likes this.
    11-30-2015 12:02 PM
    Chad Welsh - I knew I was going to get criticized for stating my objective opinion. I only speak for myself. I love windows, and have been using windows all my professional life. I wanted nothing more than for the 950 xl to work. I ordered it first thing on November 16th, I even went to the local MS store many, many times to see if my phone had arrived. It pained me to return it. AND, I haven’t given up on it.

Donald Simard - Linked In had ancient UX/UI (virtually unusable), Twitter (virtually unusable), the outlook (MS’ own email system) emails loaded better on the android phone than on 950 XL, Amazon app is useless, Onedrive loaded faster on android than on 950 xl, no banking apps (i.e. b of a, amex, paypal, no NFC payment system like android pay, etc.), Skpye interface was better on android than 950 xl, Box.net (need it for work), FedEx (need it for work), ADT Pulse (need it for work), and many more.

camptime – Yes, I am new to this forum. In fact, reading posts from knowledgeable people like you is what exited me to get the 950 xl.

indianarash7 – you’re not very good at predicting.
    11-30-2015 12:50 PM
    Anyone else have a problem redeeming the dock offer? I get to the final screen and it says the offer is no longer available. Also, while in the Lumia Offers app, you can't exit it. No navigation keys at all.

UPDATE: I called the store customer service and surprisingly enough, they processed my free order for the doc on the phone. No charge. Got an email receipt confirming same.
    Last edited by Mark Kaplan; 11-30-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    11-30-2015 01:29 PM
    Anyone else have a problem redeeming the dock offer? I get to the final screen and it says the offer is no longer available. Also, while in the Lumia Offers app, you can't exit it. No navigation keys at all.

UPDATE: I called the store customer service and surprisingly enough, they processed my free order for the doc on the phone. No charge. Got an email receipt confirming same.

Swipe up from the bottom of the phone up the screen, you'll get your nav buttons back. Use this to hide them as well.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    11-30-2015 02:23 PM
    Holy cow. Music sounds incredible from the 950 xl. Playing around with the equalizer... and I'm thoroughly impressed. Like goosebumps impressed. I tried different genres, rap, classical, pop, etc, and all sound crisp.

I'm just using a pair of skull candy headphones, so nothing special.
    Captpt and editguy like this.
    11-30-2015 05:40 PM
    Nice review glad your enjoying the XL!!
    Have the black Mozo coming also, which wireless charger do you have?
    I understand they moved the charging pad on stock cover & now doesn't work with the DT-910 stand and hoping the Mozo's pad is located so it works with it.
    I have a Nokia DT-900 wireless charger my nightstand and it charges the 950 XL while I sleep.
    11-30-2015 05:51 PM
    Preordered a Black Lumia 950 XL with Optus Australia- Getting a XBOX One 1 TB Bundle freeee. Yay!!!
    You lucky bastards
    leorash007 likes this.
    11-30-2015 06:47 PM
    I keep checking and hoping someone with a Dec 11th date post and says, yea, mine got charged...at least next week is 11th :)
    Captpt likes this.
    11-30-2015 08:30 PM
    I'm just hoping mine gets shipped with the "ships by 11th" batch. I was one of the unlucky that had my pre-order get bumped from the first wave because Microsoft and my bank hate me. I placed my order on the 17th, but Microsoft didn't charge my card till the 24th, I assume because they were going to two day ship it like most peoples order. But my bank decided to block the charge and because this happened in the morning I couldn't resolve it till it was too late. After I'd OK'd the payment with my bank and resubmitted it with Microsoft I was bumped to the 11th shipment.

The charge got put on my card that day and was showing as pending. But now Microsoft cancelled the charge so that they can charge me when they try to ship it again. I'm fearing that my bank will take a dump on my heart again and block it once more, most likely pushing me to the NEXT batch. I'm really looking forward to my 950XL but Microsoft and Chase are crushing my dreams.
    11-30-2015 11:44 PM
1,799 ... 5253545556 ...