01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 5455565758 ...
tools
    I received the free Continuum Dock via Fedex....
    jmajid likes this.
    12-02-2015 12:49 AM
    be nice if it did ship early. its saying i ordered 12/1/2015 and shipped by dec 11th. but also saying back ordered. but then again i also ordered a case and screen protector from amazon 11/16/2015 and it said arriving today by 8pm and its not here
    12-02-2015 03:16 AM
    I finally got through to them after being on hold for one hour. They cannot track my order as it is coming directly from the supplier who happen to be exertis.co.uk. They asked me to call them instead!: 01256707070.

I am dissapointed with Argos, not sure if I will receive the phone today or not. I have not received the text message either.

Any luck with yours?
    12-02-2015 03:42 AM
    Never ordered from Argos before, so don't know their system. Reading that I thought it just meant we won't say anything about it to you as it's going in the post, but it should probably say shipped.
    Mine says the same as well when I ordered it said delivered in 1 day but no phone yet although the have taken the payment. I cancelled my amazon order for this so I hope they come through before the 12th
    bozvandam likes this.
    12-02-2015 04:06 AM
    I just got a call back from Argos regarding my order. They said that "Microsoft" has not yet released the phone and therefore they cannot deliver today. It will however be delivered tomorrow they assure me.

We shall see!
    bozvandam and A_Pieman like this.
    12-02-2015 04:16 AM
    Ordered mine direct with MS UK last night. Hoping it ships today/tomorrow for the weekend!!

Shall then be getting them to pricematch at the lowest price i've seen in the UK of 446.99 :-D
    12-02-2015 05:11 AM
    Great at least I know that tomorrow should be the day to work from home...
    12-02-2015 05:34 AM
    Hopefully purchasing mine at the Insider Event tonight!
    12-02-2015 07:11 AM
    Hopefully purchasing mine at the Insider Event tonight!
    I'm going to the Soho event. The devices there seems like they will be sold by Mobile Phone Direct, (according to the T&C url in the email) so hopefully they will match their online price
    12-02-2015 07:16 AM
    Lets hope so - I do know they're selling them SIM free too as I checked with LumiaUK.
    lloydsparkes likes this.
    12-02-2015 07:34 AM
    *grabs a seat*

I've just entered the waiting game. My contract was due and I was eligible for a 950XL as upgrade. It should be delivered within the next 2 or 3 days.
    Been scouring these particular forums for a couple of days now, just to get a rough idea of the experiences other users made with the device.

Since I've been using Windows 10 mobile Insider Previews on my Lumia 1520 for ages now, I know what to expect, so most common bugs are certainly not new to me. And even if the majority of user based reviews I came across here is rather off putting due to hardware defects and all kinds of issues, I'm still looking forward to receiving my 950XL. I remember far too well what pain in the *** the 920 was upon first release. Constantly rebooting, draining battery and whatnot. Most of these issues were ironed out with the first update and with every subsequent update it become more and more a rock solid device. Kinda expecting that for the 950XL to happen too. With the difference of updates being delivered more frequently than it used to be with WP8/WP8.1.
    jmajid and aximtreo like this.
    12-02-2015 07:37 AM
    *grabs a seat*

I've just entered the waiting game. My contract was due and I was eligible for a 950XL as upgrade. It should be delivered within the next 2 or 3 days.
    Been scouring these particular forums for a couple of days now, just to get a rough idea of the experiences other users made with the device.

Since I've been using Windows 10 mobile Insider Previews on my Lumia 1520 for ages now, I know what to expect, so most common bugs are certainly not new to me. And even if the majority of user based reviews I came across here is rather off putting due to hardware defects and all kinds of issues, I'm still looking forward to receiving my 950XL. I remember far too well what pain in the *** the 920 was upon first release. Constantly rebooting, draining battery and whatnot. Most of these issues were ironed out with the first update and with every subsequent update it become more and more a rock solid device. Kinda expecting that for the 950XL to happen too. With the difference of updates being delivered more frequently than it used to be with WP8/WP8.1.
    where did you upgraded from .?
    12-02-2015 08:07 AM
    *grabs a seat*

12-02-2015 08:07 AM
    A Lumia 1520, which was basically very solid for me. The usual phantom touch issue aside, but that's something I was able to get used to rather quickly so I knew how to avoid it 9 times out of 10.
    12-02-2015 08:09 AM
    Kinda expecting that for the 950XL to happen too. With the difference of updates being delivered more frequently than it used to be with WP8/WP8.1.
    This is pretty much what's going to happen with the 950/950XL. I'm also moving up from my 1520 which has largely worked flawlessly.

I've been told that there should be a firmware update before the end of the year, but of course that depends on testing/approval/rework. If early adopters report problems, they'll have to be addressed.

I'm expecting a slightly bump road to start off with, but I don't anticipate anything that'll make me ragequit.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-02-2015 09:30 AM
    Microsoft Store said they weren't able to price match when I said I would be cancelling to order via Amazon at a lower price.
    12-02-2015 10:10 AM
    Microsoft Store said they weren't able to price match when I said I would be cancelling to order via Amazon at a lower price.
    Odd, had 2 separate live chats have told me they will do it as soon as the phone is dispatched.

Mine will be going straight back if they don't PM with buymobiles @ 446.99
    12-02-2015 10:18 AM
    still waiting for my 950XL that i had ordered and shows at ships by december 11th on the store page, but only shows "coming soon" and "in process" on my order history page.
    Unfortunately it appears that my discover card is no longer showing the pending charge for the phone - it only shows the completed charge for the wireless charger i bought at the same time... i think i may be out of luck with the discover deals cash back also as the charge is no longer showing... dang
    12-02-2015 10:28 AM
    For those who have pre-ordered their 950/950XL from the UK Microsoft Store, I just had conformation from a chat support representative that they're shipping them out tomorrow. Priority shipping is expected to deliver on Friday.
    WilWord likes this.
    12-02-2015 10:31 AM
    I finally got through to them after being on hold for one hour. They cannot track my order as it is coming directly from the supplier who happen to be exertis.co.uk. They asked me to call them instead!: 01256707070.

I am dissapointed with Argos, not sure if I will receive the phone today or not. I have not received the text message either.

Any luck with yours?
    So I just called that number and they said the order is actually a pre order and Argos will be phoning me within the hour (hahahahaha) to arrange a delivery date.

At this rate I expect me CPW order to arrive first.
    12-02-2015 12:27 PM
    Well I did receive a text from Argos saying my phone would be delivered today but so far nothing...

Oh well, maybe tomorrow
    12-02-2015 12:36 PM
    I too called Argos and they spoke to the supplier whilst I waited on the phone and was told after spoke to them my order was now a pre-order and that Microsoft was holding back the phones and that I would receive a call from Argos tonight to give me some more info I wait with not much expectation but more than a bit of annoyance as Argos have already taken my money
    Last edited by rickt1; 12-02-2015 at 03:03 PM.
    12-02-2015 12:58 PM
    Argos just messaged me on Twitter to say that the handsets were "being dispatched directly from the suppliers" and "we would expect arrival on or before 03/12 (tomorrow)". They say to message them if it doesn't.

We shall see :
    12-02-2015 01:45 PM
    Still hoping my Dec 11 order ships this week but appears MS is charging earlier now since have been a lot of declines to give people time to change:

"Thank you Jeffrey. Lumia 950 XL are expected to be release on Dec. 11 and we are starting to charge the actual transaction as soon as today as a preparation for the shipment."

"Package might be ship on or before Dec. 11. Yes you are correct with that. However, for pre orders, we are doing the charges a head of time because for most cases, charges are being denied by financial institution wherein we're giving enough time for others to update payment method and settle payments."
    12-02-2015 01:48 PM
    I'm assuming nobody their phonecall from Argos then?
    12-02-2015 05:22 PM
1,799 ... 5455565758 ...