01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Put my Argos order on my credit card for extra protection at this rate I will have to make a monthly payment before I get the phone
    12-07-2015 09:23 AM
    It isn't just Argos who are delaying orders.. Amazon have now moved their pre-orders from 12th December to 20th December. Clove were due stock today, speaking with them online they will not come in stock today, and they're not currently sure when. Mobile Fun is still expected in 3-5 days (but we shall see).

The problem with retailers is they shouldn't charge your cards until your order is ready to be shipped, however I do know that all retailers base their delivery dates, etc on stock expected from suppliers. If the supplier fails to deliver, or delays for any reason, the retailer is powerless other than to apologise to consumers
    12-07-2015 09:34 AM
    I got my delivery time about 15 mins ago. Still got 3 hours to wait
    Got mine :o) Setting up now!
    12-07-2015 09:35 AM
    Put my Argos order on my credit card for extra protection at this rate I will have to make a monthly payment before I get the phone
    I used my Argos card got when I needed a new washing machine last year (come to think of it that order was a disaster - will I ever learn?) so have 6 months credit. I jokingly commented that at this rate I'd start paying before the handset arrived and was told that when it eventually does I have to start again with their credit people to get the plan restarted on the date I got it not ordered it. Here we go again.
    12-07-2015 09:37 AM
    The problem with retailers is they shouldn't charge your cards until your order is ready to be shipped, however I do know that all retailers base their delivery dates, etc on stock expected from suppliers. If the supplier fails to deliver, or delays for any reason, the retailer is powerless other than to apologise to consumers
    Exactly the problem. We need a change in consumer law so that these things are re-classified as 'orders' (pre-order means nothing really) and retailers cannot just guesstimate based on what stock they think they'll get.
    12-07-2015 09:41 AM
    Just contacted buymobiles.net and they have informed me that they are getting stock tomorrow, fingers crossed that mine is out for delivery on Wednesday... Otherwise I may walk into a CPW.
    12-07-2015 09:47 AM
    Re-ordered from CPW. On hold to Argos now to cancel my order.. Total of 1500 on the credit card until refunds start coming through..
    12-07-2015 09:51 AM
    Just ordered from CPW, this is my fourth order for this phone although it's the first in white, as they claim they have stock, and I will probably get a replacement back when it's in my hands.

Argos, what can you say, over promise and under deliver... Terrible purchasing experience, the staff seem to try but the back end systems are poor. I won't be purchasing anything on a pre order from them again.

Now I have to get home, make myself a plate of sandwiches and ring Argos so I don't die of hunger while waiting for them to answer...
    Adam Chapman1 and bells0 like this.
    12-07-2015 10:13 AM
    Currently still on hold to Argos to cancel my order... 40 minutes later.
    12-07-2015 10:17 AM
    Bet you wished you had made some sandwiches now ;)

Good luck
    bozvandam and Adam Chapman1 like this.
    12-07-2015 10:19 AM
    Ooh yes. Hope you have more luck with their terrible listening service. I have no accent (Genuinely, from East Kent), and spoke perfectly, and it couldn't figure out what I was saying!! It Asked me twice and then was like "Sorry, we cannot find your order. Putting you through to an adviser now"

48 minutes later.........
    bozvandam likes this.
    12-07-2015 10:25 AM
    Don't you just love the way every time you call, the automated voice at Argos tells you "we are taking more calls than usual", must have heard that around 100 times this morning. Anyway gave up with the phone service and have cancelled my 950XL by email with them and ordered from Carphone Warehouse - who have already confirmed dispatch and DPD have collected from them. Looking forward to tomorrow now!
    bozvandam likes this.
    12-07-2015 10:42 AM
    Currently still on hold to Argos to cancel my order... 40 minutes later.
    It took me over an hour the other day to get through to them to cancel my order.

They asked why I wanted to cancel, needless to say I had a lot to say....
    12-07-2015 10:47 AM
    Right. Well, after being on hold for over an hour, it cut me off. Phoned up again, it figured out my order the second time around and got straight through to someone who said was unable to cancel it right now but has it typed up to cancel it within the next 10 minutes.

For reference to anyone else, the orders are expected to be delivered tomorrow or Wednesday still from Argos. They do actually have the phones now from what the lady said, she had already spoken to someone earlier about it so was aware of the situation.
    12-07-2015 10:50 AM
    Don't you just love the way every time you call, the automated voice at Argos tells you "we are taking more calls than usual", must have heard that around 100 times this morning. Anyway gave up with the phone service and have cancelled my 950XL by email with them and ordered from Carphone Warehouse - who have already confirmed dispatch and DPD have collected from them. Looking forward to tomorrow now!
    Hmm. I ordered wih CPW around 2pm and still haven't received anything for DPD. I'm expecting to get it after 5 though I guess?
    12-07-2015 10:56 AM
    By the time we get the phones all the free display docks will probably be gone
    12-07-2015 11:08 AM
    If my CPW order doesn't arrive tomorrow, I think I'll just give up and order an LG V10 from abroad...... Or a Dual Sim 950 XL from abroad!
    12-07-2015 11:13 AM
    I'm so up for a battle! "It's not my fault you couldn't get the things to resellers before the offer ran out. Behold my ORDER date. Now I demand you give me my free stuff"
    12-07-2015 11:14 AM
    The docks are showing as Out of Stock now - hoping they get more in.
    12-07-2015 11:25 AM
    If my CPW order doesn't arrive tomorrow, I think I'll just give up and order an LG V10 from abroad...... Or a Dual Sim 950 XL from abroad!
    Order from mobilefun.co.uk
    12-07-2015 12:10 PM
    Finally got a dispatch notice from CPW. What an ordeal this has been!!

Such a rocky road of questioning whether WP is mature enough to bring be back from Android (Nexus 4 -> HTC One M8) after a happy, but annoyed time with the Lumia 920 due to lack of promised updates, and lack of such severely basic functionality.

After my girlfriend went from a HTC One M7 to a Sony Xperia Z3, and being fairly disappointed that it wasn't all that different, and relating to that (mostly) from going from Nexus 4 to the One M8, 18 months previous, I decided that something entirely new (or, I guess mostly new from my 920) would probably be the best way to go.

Was considering Apple. But they were about 100 out of my price range (For the 6S), and the price drops for the Lumia sealed the deal. Now let's hope I won't be too disappointed when people say "Hey have you got this app......" and I reply "Probably not".

Looking forward to having the 'it' phone at parties again. The XPeria Z3 is really quite poor in low light, like, appalling.

VIVA LA WINDOZE REVOLUTION!
    12-07-2015 12:14 PM
    Hopefully get mine tomorrow have the dispatch notification from DPD, bought from mobiles.co.uk for a steal at 27.50 pm on O2. Coming from a G4 and have been waiting to get back full time to W10. Now need to get my Band 2 later this week for Strava integration for the bike and i'll be sorted.
    Last edited by Brian McMahon; 12-07-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    12-07-2015 02:50 PM
    Getting hard to find a UK vendor who will supply the 950XL, sure Carphone Warehouse are stocking it but the network vendors do not appear to be looking at it, Three and O2 are not planning to stock it so the choice for unlimited data goes, EE are not supporting it yet for wifi calling

looks disappointing support from Networks in the UK
    12-07-2015 03:38 PM
    After no news from Argos and no reply on Twitter I spent over an hour on hold to be told they will have to email the supplier and should hear back in 24 - 48 hours. They said it might already have been posted but they can't tell and as I've not heard anything then maybe not. Decided to cancel my order as I can't spend time on hold tomorrow to find out either way and want the phone and feel more comfortable ordering it from CPW or similar anyway as easier to return if I have any issues (I assume). Knowing my luck it will arrive tomorrow now. Plan on ordering from somewhere else in the morning as an order now won't be processed anyway. Now I hope I get my money back!
    12-07-2015 03:40 PM
    There is still no update for the second wave in the U.S. :'(
    12-07-2015 03:41 PM
1,799 ... 6162636465 ...