01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    I ordered a White 950 XL from buymobiles.net on 02/12/2015 - still waiting and receiving regular emails with a "stock update" stating that the item is still out of stock
    Oh the difference. Regular emails! Stock updates! Argos seem happy with unanswered calls, ignored tweets and facebook DMs and throwing us the odd lie.
    12-08-2015 11:16 AM
    Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!
    1st_Raven likes this.
    12-08-2015 11:36 AM
    FYI. One of the first things I did was order a Display Dock. They are still available, and available on the CPW bought phone (Not just Microsoft bought ones :))
    I tried all day yesterday and this morning but it was showing Out of Stock constantly. Checked on the off chance earlier this afternoon and it went through fine.
    12-08-2015 11:39 AM
    Black is back in stock on the US MS Store.
    12-08-2015 11:54 AM
    Black is back in stock on the US MS Store.
    both black and white have been in and out for a week or so... they either show "add to cart" or they will show "email when available"
    I was able to add the white to cart yesterday but then a short while later it said my cart was empty...
    nothing new, unfortunately...

i did get on the phone yesterday and was told initially i would get tracking numbers by the end of yesterday, then she said, let me double check and then she came back and said sometime this week... :(
    12-08-2015 12:03 PM
    So after another few phone calls with Argos and Exertis, they now say that I could expect the phone on Friday. I'm still hesitant to trust them on this though.
    This morning, I put an order in with CPW to see if I'd get it sooner, but got an email saying they were backordered (I chose the black model). Phoned them 10 minutes ago to change to the white model which showed as in stock online...I'm now getting my phone tomorrow! Awesome.

Don't really care about the case colour for now, as I'll be getting a Mozo cover at some point. I just really want the phone!
    bozvandam likes this.
    12-08-2015 12:07 PM
    Argos just tweeted me to ask if I could give them my address and order number they'd get someone to look into it! I, with considerable restraint, pointed out that if the scrolled up a bit they'd see the details I gave them when this started 6 days ago.

I refuse to cave in and go somewhere else for several reasons a) I'm like a bloody minded pitbull - when I latch on, I ain't letting go b) I've had a word with myself and, in all honesty, I'm in no real hurry and c) I need the 6 months to pay for the damn thing ;)
    12-08-2015 12:40 PM
    For UK/US Customers - Available at Valuebasket.com for 462.99 with free shipping. Only 4 Whites in stock & 3 Black. Order asap guys!
    12-08-2015 01:04 PM
    For UK/US Customers - Available at Valuebasket.com for 462.99 with free shipping. Only 4 Whites in stock & 3 Black. Order asap guys!
    How long it takes to arrive at USA?
    12-08-2015 01:23 PM
    How long it takes to arrive at USA?
    They have a local US number on site, ask them, I had ordered my Lumia 1520 through them and they had shipped via DHL in 3-4 days to Australia.
    12-08-2015 01:25 PM
    they have a local us number on site, ask them, i had ordered my lumia 1520 through them and they had shipped via dhl in 3-4 days to australia.
    750 usd :(
    12-08-2015 01:33 PM
    750 usd :(
    Sorry didn't look at the US prices, but Microsoft Store is selling for 1129 AUD here in Australia and they r selling for 919 AUD, so damn cheap here!
    12-08-2015 01:38 PM
    Can somebody give some advice. Is there any real and/or noticeable difference between the 950 and xl like performance wise and battery life wise. I'm in a bind on which phone to get. I like the bigger screen of the xl but hate the idea of a dual sim phone.
    Last edited by Wookieekiller; 12-09-2015 at 12:41 AM.
    12-08-2015 10:42 PM
    both black and white have been in and out for a week or so... they either show "add to cart" or they will show "email when available"
    I was able to add the white to cart yesterday but then a short while later it said my cart was empty...
    nothing new, unfortunately...

i did get on the phone yesterday and was told initially i would get tracking numbers by the end of yesterday, then she said, let me double check and then she came back and said sometime this week... :(
    and even if you manage to checkout, its going to say order in process and backordered
    12-09-2015 03:20 AM
    There is still no update for the second wave in the U.S. :'(
    yup microsoft store online still saying email when available. still saying shipping by dec 11. and my order is still saying back ordered. since it has not shipped today i am guessing mine is not getting shipped for atleast another 2 weeks
    12-09-2015 03:32 AM
    I have become Sisyphus.
    12-09-2015 05:21 AM
    called Argos who called the supplier who could not give them any information so he basically hinted I should cancel the order so I cancelled just need proof before I reorder with someone else also really wanted a black one
    12-09-2015 06:39 AM
    Just ordered my white 950XL through CPW in stock and delivery tomorrow, so happy and they are also the cheapest in the UK.
    I wonder if they had a special agreement with Microsoft?
    12-09-2015 06:56 AM
    I wonder if they had a special agreement with Microsoft?
    When Microsoft said they wanted to get phones into the hands of as many fans as possible what they meant was 'fans' who bought FROM THE CORRECT OUTLETS as dictated by them and didn't exercise their right to buy from any other resellers. Bad consumers.
    12-09-2015 07:03 AM
    Well my 950xl is still in an Argos limbo (seriously can't believe how shocking they are) but my 950 'should' be here today. Though looking at my due time by the time it arrives I will have already left work :( Come on DPD please be early.
    12-09-2015 07:04 AM
    Carphone Warehouse is now out of stock, even though when I ordered on Monday they claimed stock and next day delivery....they cannot say when they will get stock....
    12-09-2015 07:07 AM
    called Argos who called the supplier who could not give them any information so he basically hinted I should cancel the order so I cancelled just need proof before I reorder with someone else also really wanted a black one
    I do like the different answers that seem to come out of this one supplier.
    12-09-2015 07:10 AM
    so finally i did get a call from Microsoft India since i was one of the first people to prebook the 950xl in my city.
    however i wasn't impressed as i should have been. i din have the same excitement as i had when i first went to see my last phone the Nokia 1020 ,test unit.
    Firstly the phone looks identical like the 640XL , now don't call me cribby but if i am shelling out Rs.49,999/- i least would want the phone to look somewhat flagship grade. Yes it has its advantages like the removable back , dual sim (indian variant ) and the micro SD card slot , but so does my current handset the LG G4 which i picked up for the time being waiting eagerly for the 950xl.
    secondly, i was extremely disappointed to see the loading resuming screen. yes its still there and its quite sad that even with the best of the chipsets and with three gigs of ram this issue is still there specially on the start screen when phone is left idle for long and when switching apps. Now before i get comments like " Ive barely spent time with the phone" , since i know the manager of the Microsoft store in my city i was lucky enough to have the handset for a few hours of use before i had to return their demo unit.
    Microsoft have done a brilliant job however in keeping the Snapdragon 810 heating issues at bay with the liquid cooling , even after intensive use i never found the phone to heat up , yes it does get warm but never so much that i had to stop using the handset so i would give the phone at least that.
    The screen is brilliant , no complains whatsoever , yes i wished it was slightly curved (not Samsung s6 edge curved but more like the previous lumians curved at the edges). Besides that superb viewing angles, deep blacks , punchy colors all what you would expect from a QHD screen , it feels at par with the QHD screen of the LG G4 .
    The camera is marvelous, however if it had more richer options in manual controls( greater control over shutter speed duration mainly, 4seconds just doesn't cut it anymore honestly) i would be sold and honestly the software is to be blamed . While some pictures appear crisp and sharp some appear washed out .
    lastly the pricing .
    The 950 is priced at RS.43,000/- while the 950 XL is priced at Rs.49,990/- which is quite disappointing when you compare the same with the other flagships. My LG G4 costed me Rs.33,500/- which has identical specs to the Lumia 950 and i really don't see why there is such a price difference.

will i pick up one of these? No. Why? cause these phones just don't make the cut that the lumians did in the past for me and i have always been a windows fan starting with the lumia 610 to the 720 and finally the 1020 and i thoroughly miss windows phones mainly due to the no nonsense right to the point behavior of the OS which android CANNOT provide , but i don't see myself investing in the 950 twins anytime soon .
    12-09-2015 07:27 AM
    Carphone Warehouse is now out of stock, even though when I ordered on Monday they claimed stock and next day delivery....they cannot say when they will get stock....
    Clove just emailed me to confirm that they have received their stock for 950 and 950 xl
    12-09-2015 07:28 AM
    Finally got through to Argos to cancel on third time of trying, first time gave up after 30 mins, second time got through but call went dead, third time only 12 mins to get through. I have cancelled, and as but as others of said they have to cancel with their supplier before they can process my refund. I tried to get an assurance that I would be contacted when it was going through but I got the impression that for these types of orders it's unlikely I will hear, so I am probably going to have to call one more time.

The bosses at Argos should be made to listen to 'your call is important to us' on loop for 8 hours a day until they realise the best way of showing that is to reduce the need for calls and speed up the answering of them. At the moment the one thing I am certain of is my call isn't important to them...
    1st_Raven and Adam Chapman1 like this.
    12-09-2015 07:41 AM
1,799 ... 6465666768 ...