950XL Waiting Room

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Saw the 950XL at a store in Gurgaon, India today and paid and booked for a black handset. A few points

1. General availability is 11 Dec
2. The handset does look quite bland, like the 640XL, but thinner. I am glad I pre-ordered a Mozo replacement back to make it feel a bit more premium.
3. Continuum is impressive,but I myself can't think of a use case for it
4. Price is 49.3k, which is justifiable considering the hardware inside, but hard to justify in a market like India, where people would rather buy an iPhone for a little more.
5. The software is tweaked to make the display look like an LCD, but you can increase the vibrance to make it look more OLED
6. Continuum dock is free if you order now via their store.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 950 XL on Friday, spend two solid days with it, and returned it today. It is a beautiful and very fast device, and the camera is SOLID. I really wanted it to work, but too many of the apps I use on regular basis (especially for my work) were simply not available in the Windows app store. The app that were available lacked a lot of features (including UX/UI) that iOS and Android users have come to enjoy. Perhaps I was expected too much, too soon from the Lumia 950 XL.

With only 4 post to your name something smells fishy, Anyway there are a lot of apps that have an alternative had you bothered to list the missing apps members might of been able to help you.

ittojo

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is coming tomorrow, I live in Sweden and Elgiganten (Dixon in UK) sent the shipping details today. Two days ahead of the estimated date.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I have only found a couple apps that aren't available and I've set up shortcuts in the browser to accommodate them. That will work for now and maybe someday there will be an app. I have my phone set up with the front screen layout I want, colors, added my contacts, and everything is working well. Pictures are awesome, texting is much easier than it was on my LG Android (I was continually hitting two letters at the same time and I don't seem to be doing that with this phone) and the one thing I especially like is having all my apps in a list in alphabetical order. I was continually losing my apps on my Android. Very happy so far.

drumsorbit

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine from Unlocked Mobiles a month ago. Emailed them to see if they were going to ship on time, or possibly early. It'll ship out on the 2nd as planned, which means I'll get it the day after the Windows Insider event in London.

Can't relay complain. Just wish I would have it by Wednesday!

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Dude quit bashing the phone because you don't have the apps you want!!!! The phone is fine works as advertised, on the other hand the OS is still in flux, I remember when android and iOS cam out and everybody was WHINING because they did not have cut and paste , then android got it and iOS was lagging, Hell they both tried to say web apps were the future and failed. Just because you hate MS don't stomp on the hardware and matter of fact any of it. Also EVERYBODY needs to stop complaining about the application situation.... you know its there and should have been on the forefront of your purchasing evaluation.

Kudos! Every Windows 10 Mobile user knows the app situation, so no need to crib! Chad Welsh is absolutely right!

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Unless you've had experience with this retailer, I'd stay away. They have several of the specs of the device wrong on that page.

I have experience from the website I know their website shows wrong specs of some devices but what they show is exactly what you get,I ordered my Lumia 1020,Lumia 930 and some other budget lumia devices from them, they ship to many countries, you checkout using Amazon Payments, all products are shipped from Asia Pacific warehouses, so devices you don't find much in USA,they would have stock of it. I've been purchasing from them for years and since Microsoft USA running out of stock I checked them to see if they have any and they recently updated their listing to show it, Just ordered mine.

*I was skeptical at first, then I did online chat with them, and sent many emails, then I ordered my Lumia 1020 from them two years back, since then I've been using them*

delta470

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
The execution of deployment of this phone has been a disaster in my opinion. Microsoft knew there was a certain level of demand for this phone and they didn't manufacture enough phones for this. The reserved phones at the store have been an utter joke, if you reserved a phone it should be first come first serve bases. The stores didn't take money for the phone when we reserved it, so if someone isn't going to take the time to walk into the store when they know it's available then they can wait.

Nambi Guazu

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for me Lumia 950XL order status to change from "in process" to "shipped" I talked to support over the weekend and was told that my pre-order was one of many that got mixed up with black Friday orders....which makes no sense because I put my order in 10 before black Friday. Any my order should go through today. Question for those that already their phones...and forgive me if this is a dumb ?, but does windows 10 mobile have "kids corner" like WP8 did?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The execution of deployment of this phone has been a disaster in my opinion. Microsoft knew there was a certain level of demand for this phone and they didn't manufacture enough phones for this. The reserved phones at the store have been an utter joke, if you reserved a phone it should be first come first serve bases. The stores didn't take money for the phone when we reserved it, so if someone isn't going to take the time to walk into the store when they know it's available then they can wait.
They made enough to cover in-store pre-orders, and probably matched that number for online pre-orders. If anyone is to blame for low numbers it's wishy-washy fans who decided to wait until the last minute to commit. And now you decide to rant about it.

If you didn't pre-order, that's on you. They said it would launch in November, and it did. I don't see how this "has been a disaster".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital