01-16-2016 10:46 PM
1,799 ... 6869707172
tools
    I had a chat with the Amazon customer service and I managed to cancel the order for the white one, and order a black one, which will now be here within 2 days and I still managed to maintain my discount. Great news!
    Thanks, I did the same - made a new order for the Black (arriving tomorrow) but did a webchat to get the cheaper pre-order price I had for the White - 5 saving, happy days!
    12-11-2015 07:39 AM
    Thanks, I did the same - made a new order for the Black (arriving tomorrow) but did a webchat to get the cheaper pre-order price I had for the White - 5 saving, happy days!

Nice! Mine is currently dispatched, on the way to me!
    12-11-2015 08:02 AM
    Nice! Mine is currently dispatched, on the way to me!
    I have yet to receive a dispatch email from Amazon. I really REALLY hope I get mine tomorrow!

EDIT: no dispatch email, but website states it will be with me tomorrow.
    12-11-2015 09:30 AM
    update on my white unlocked dual sim 950XL from microsoft USA
    so, i got an early morning call this morning from microsoft escalations department - they reacted to my tweets about poor service and no ETAs from earlier this week.
    They apologized and told me the phone was on its way... something i knew last night.
    I checked this morning and the phone is out for delivery which is likely to be late afternoon if schedule holds for UPS deliveries..
    thats ok - i dont have a ATT nano sim - that needs to get sorted out yet as ATT said they were sending and then didnt... so i'll make a trip to ATT store sometime soon i guess.. not wanting to power it up without the sim card but do want to play with it!
    Good luck to the rest who are still waiting - im sure its going to be soon now...
    Fwiw, the microsoft escalations person said they sold more than they had placed orders for and that was the reason for the delay... hopefully the black 950XLs will be out soon too.
    12-11-2015 10:22 AM
    My phone still shows on backorder...when I ordered, it said shipped by the 8th. What is this crap.

Edit: Oh don't worry guys, I called support and they assured me that if my order isn't shipped out today, that it'll be shipped out in the next wave.

Bravo. Thanks support.
    Last edited by RyanGross; 12-11-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    12-11-2015 11:17 AM
    Just off the phone to Argos, they called the supplier and told me they were further delayed and will not be delivered until the 17th Dec.

I told them just to cancel it and I have re-ordered with Amazon and my phone is coming tomorrow.
    A_Pieman and Muessig like this.
    12-11-2015 11:25 AM
    Probably my final post in this thread. I finally got a chance to get over to a brick & mortar store to purchase Microsoft Complete for my 950XL. $99 + tax. Didnt take very long. Just needed my receipt and he entered my IMEI.
    CaptainLumia and jmajid like this.
    12-11-2015 02:05 PM
    i'm hoping that since my order was placed on 11/24 i will be able to get the Complete with the 49 dollar deductible instead of the 99 deductible...
    note, i will receive in hand the phone today, but hoping they take into account when i actually ordered it.
    12-11-2015 02:45 PM
    Did anyone who cancelled their Argos order receive a cancellation email?
    12-11-2015 03:57 PM
    Did anyone who cancelled their Argos order receive a cancellation email?
    I asked if I would receive any proof of cancellation and I was told no
    12-11-2015 04:04 PM
    Has anyone actually received their refund from Argos?
    12-11-2015 04:18 PM
    I received a text from Argos out the blue that "Microsoft have regrettably advised that, following some unexpected software issues the release of the Microsoft Lumia will be slightly delayed."

Well I am not sure how to take this, have Microsoft put a stop on further deliveries to suppliers or are Argos getting desperate? They don't mention what Lumia in the text and I do find it amusing that they text me on my Microsoft Lumia 950 that I got 2 days ago.
    12-11-2015 04:21 PM
    Finally got the shipping information. So I won't be getting it until Wednesday it seems. Oh well, at least they got it shipped today.
    12-11-2015 05:59 PM
    I'm currently giving them hell. MS Store made me cancel an earlier order so I could get expedited shipping and now I'm told it'll be ground shipped in 5-7 days. I keep being told that it's out of our hands and its UPS that is screwed up the orders. I contacted UPS who informed me that the order is indeed Ground and that info was sent to them by MS... I have never had a worse customer experience this past 2 weeks and if I can no longer in good faith recommend the MS Store.
    12-11-2015 06:37 PM
    I've just cancelled my order from CPW today which was made because previously Amazon told me my pre order will be delayed until the 22nd. I ended up ordering from Amazon again today since the black 950 XL is in stock and it says the phone should be guaranteed arriving tomorrow 12th Dec. Hate this hopping from one retailer to another just to get a phone.
    12-11-2015 06:53 PM
    I've just cancelled my order from CPW today which was made because previously Amazon told me my pre order will be delayed until the 22nd. I ended up ordering from Amazon again today since the black 950 XL is in stock and it says the phone should be guaranteed arriving tomorrow 12th Dec. Hate this hopping from one retailer to another just to get a phone.
    My black 950 XL is out for delivery today (Saturday 12th) hoping to get a text when it arrives, then I'm rushing home from work to have a play!
    12-12-2015 04:38 AM
    USA order of the white 950XL dual sim, unlocked, ordered 11/24...
    got my phone friday 11th - have not turned it on yet as i dont have a nano sim and i want to ensure my whatsapp history is carried over... less worried about the sms history although i would like it also...

SO i didnt turn it on yet because i wanted to ensure the SIM settings took properly and in the quick start guide it also states to ensure that the sim card is installed on first turn on... also want to make sure the app for the Dock is installed correctly too...
    Killing me that i cant turn it on...
    It feels great in the hand... has a good weight to it...
    i'm thinking of cutting my current micro sim to the nano size... practise run on a spare sim fit OK...
    like the fact that the sim card slot is spring loaded unlike the previous Lumia phones, including the 520, 521 and 640...
    12-12-2015 01:04 PM
    Amazon got me my 950XL this morning :) very pleased with the phone

Just have to cancel the Argos and CPW orders now that I never needed .... bah
    12-12-2015 01:41 PM
    Good luck with the cancelations remember to ask for a refund as CPW assume they can keep your money on account!
    12-12-2015 01:45 PM
    Good luck with the cancelations remember to ask for a refund as CPW assume they can keep your money on account!
    Yeah I saw that post ... I wonder how much these guys make on interest from "looking after" our money ...
    12-12-2015 02:02 PM
    Been waiting all day for my amazon delivery all day and now the online tracker says that it has been handed to me and yet, I don't have the parcel.....

I'm sure it shouldn't be this difficult to get a new phone
    12-12-2015 02:57 PM
    Has anyone actually received their refund from Argos?
    Yes, I received mine earlier this week.
    12-12-2015 03:32 PM
    Been waiting all day for my amazon delivery all day and now the online tracker says that it has been handed to me and yet, I don't have the parcel.....

I'm sure it shouldn't be this difficult to get a new phone
    There is an option on amazon website to track delivery and an option for if you haven't received it yet.

Hope you receive it soon. I got mine today around 4pm. Hopefully your driver got stuck due to adverse weather.
    12-12-2015 04:44 PM
    Best christmas ever! ;-)
    12-14-2015 05:02 AM
    Sick and tired of Argos. Still not received a call to arrange collection of my cancelled order that still arrived. I've taken it to my credit card provider now because I've had enough! Just want a damn refund and for them to take the phone away
    12-14-2015 05:24 PM
1,799 ... 6869707172