950XL Waiting Room

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine direct with MS UK last night. Hoping it ships today/tomorrow for the weekend!!

Shall then be getting them to pricematch at the lowest price i've seen in the UK of ?446.99 :-D

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
*grabs a seat*

I've just entered the waiting game. My contract was due and I was eligible for a 950XL as upgrade. It should be delivered within the next 2 or 3 days.
Been scouring these particular forums for a couple of days now, just to get a rough idea of the experiences other users made with the device.

Since I've been using Windows 10 mobile Insider Previews on my Lumia 1520 for ages now, I know what to expect, so most common bugs are certainly not new to me. And even if the majority of user based reviews I came across here is rather off putting due to hardware defects and all kinds of issues, I'm still looking forward to receiving my 950XL. I remember far too well what pain in the *** the 920 was upon first release. Constantly rebooting, draining battery and whatnot. Most of these issues were ironed out with the first update and with every subsequent update it become more and more a rock solid device. Kinda expecting that for the 950XL to happen too. With the difference of updates being delivered more frequently than it used to be with WP8/WP8.1.

Rimaz Flyil

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
*grabs a seat*

I've just entered the waiting game. My contract was due and I was eligible for a 950XL as upgrade. It should be delivered within the next 2 or 3 days.
Been scouring these particular forums for a couple of days now, just to get a rough idea of the experiences other users made with the device.

Since I've been using Windows 10 mobile Insider Previews on my Lumia 1520 for ages now, I know what to expect, so most common bugs are certainly not new to me. And even if the majority of user based reviews I came across here is rather off putting due to hardware defects and all kinds of issues, I'm still looking forward to receiving my 950XL. I remember far too well what pain in the *** the 920 was upon first release. Constantly rebooting, draining battery and whatnot. Most of these issues were ironed out with the first update and with every subsequent update it become more and more a rock solid device. Kinda expecting that for the 950XL to happen too. With the difference of updates being delivered more frequently than it used to be with WP8/WP8.1.

where did you upgraded from .?

Rimaz Flyil

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
*grabs a seat*

where did you upgraded from .?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Kinda expecting that for the 950XL to happen too. With the difference of updates being delivered more frequently than it used to be with WP8/WP8.1.

This is pretty much what's going to happen with the 950/950XL. I'm also moving up from my 1520 which has largely worked flawlessly.

I've been told that there should be a firmware update before the end of the year, but of course that depends on testing/approval/rework. If early adopters report problems, they'll have to be addressed.

I'm expecting a slightly bump road to start off with, but I don't anticipate anything that'll make me ragequit.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Store said they weren't able to price match when I said I would be cancelling to order via Amazon at a lower price.

Odd, had 2 separate live chats have told me they will do it as soon as the phone is dispatched.

Mine will be going straight back if they don't PM with buymobiles @ ?446.99

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
still waiting for my 950XL that i had ordered and shows at ships by december 11th on the store page, but only shows "coming soon" and "in process" on my order history page.
Unfortunately it appears that my discover card is no longer showing the pending charge for the phone - it only shows the completed charge for the wireless charger i bought at the same time... i think i may be out of luck with the discover deals cash back also as the charge is no longer showing... dang

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For those who have pre-ordered their 950/950XL from the UK Microsoft Store, I just had conformation from a chat support representative that they're shipping them out tomorrow. Priority shipping is expected to deliver on Friday.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally got through to them after being on hold for one hour. They cannot track my order as it is coming directly from the supplier who happen to be exertis.co.uk. They asked me to call them instead!: 01256707070.

I am dissapointed with Argos, not sure if I will receive the phone today or not. I have not received the text message either.

Any luck with yours?

So I just called that number and they said the order is actually a pre order and Argos will be phoning me within the hour (hahahahaha) to arrange a delivery date.

At this rate I expect me CPW order to arrive first.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I too called Argos and they spoke to the supplier whilst I waited on the phone and was told after spoke to them my order was now a pre-order and that Microsoft was holding back the phones and that I would receive a call from Argos tonight to give me some more info I wait with not much expectation but more than a bit of annoyance as Argos have already taken my money

Last edited:

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Argos just messaged me on Twitter to say that the handsets were "being dispatched directly from the suppliers" and "we would expect arrival on or before 03/12 (tomorrow)". They say to message them if it doesn't.

We shall see ::straight::straight:

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Still hoping my Dec 11 order ships this week but appears MS is charging earlier now since have been a lot of declines to give people time to change:

"Thank you Jeffrey. Lumia 950 XL are expected to be release on Dec. 11 and we are starting to charge the actual transaction as soon as today as a preparation for the shipment."

"Package might be ship on or before Dec. 11. Yes you are correct with that. However, for pre orders, we are doing the charges a head of time because for most cases, charges are being denied by financial institution wherein we're giving enough time for others to update payment method and settle payments."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro