950XL Waiting Room

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
When I rung Argos earlier today as my status hasn't budged from we will contact you to arrange delivery I was told they have up till tomorrow to contact me to arrange. If they don't I will be cancelling an reordering with Amazon.

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Text from Argos telling me that due to "software issues" MS has "delayed the 950XL". It will be with me by the 06/12 and they apologise for the inconvenience!

What's the legal position behind advertising, and in some cases, taking money for something you know you can't supply?

I notice they've changed their site to say delivery within 5 days.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Just got a text from argos saying its been delayed due to software issues but will be released by 6 December.

On a different note I notice the price for the black 950XL has gone back up to ?474.99 on amazon uk

Last edited:

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Snap also had a text from Argos announcing a slight delay due to software issues... Phone to arrive no later than 06/12 which is Sunday... I don't think I am going to hold my breath, but at least they have contacted me and do say they will contact me when it has been dispatched.

Legally I am no expert but I wouldn't expect you to get anything, you could ring customer services and they may make a good will gesture, or you could cancel and get a refund.

Naval Patel

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Text from Argos telling me that due to "software issues" MS has "delayed the 950XL". It will be with me by the 06/12 and they apologise for the inconvenience!

What's the legal position behind advertising, and in some cases, taking money for something you know you can't supply?

I got the same message. They lied considering the website stated "1 day delivery"

Dissapointed!

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So I've just received a text message from Argos...

Hello, this is an important message from Argos. Microsoft have regrettably advised that, following some unexpected software issues, the release of the Microsoft Lumia will be slightly delayed. You will now receive you order, ref **********, no later than 06/12 and you will be notified once your order has been despatched. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience

The whole thing about the software is complete bollox.

filmalive

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
It might be worth noting that a number of retailers have had their stocks delayed so this isn't just Argos.

Amazon went from the 3rd to 12th December a number of weeks back
Clove went from first stocks expected to ship on 2nd December to now first stocks expected 7th December
Mobile Fun went from stock due 2nd Dec to stock due 3rd Dec to stock now due in 1 week.
CPW went from 3rd Dec to 8th Dec
MobilePhoneDirect went from 3rd Dec to in stock in 5 working days

So I think there is a supply issue from MS here.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I am sure it is a supply issue, but the fault Argos made was to show next day delivery when they didn't have the stock available to send out at their suppliers. They have now removed the available 'next day' from the website but it shouldn't of been there is the first place. Argos are not the only company to do this but their systems haven't handled this problem well.

peekay13

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Did you get the phone?

No it never came, I got this text from them this morning

Hello, this is an important message from Argos. Microsoft have regrettably advised that, following some unexpected software issues, the release of the Microsoft Lumia will be slightly delayed. You will now receive you order no later than 06/12 and you will be notified once your order has been despatched. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MS Store in the UK is still listing "ship by 3rd", I was told yesterday that items would ship today. I (or someone else) will post when I get a shipment notification. It's entirely possible that Argos knows something that the MS Store doesn't, however.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
According to DHL mine is supposed to be delivered some time today. But the current status is that it's being processed in a city about 550km away from me. I'm really wondering how the hell they are supposed to keep todays delivery date. We'll see.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
MS Store in the UK is still listing "ship by 3rd", I was told yesterday that items would ship today. I (or someone else) will post when I get a shipment notification. It's entirely possible that Argos knows something that the MS Store doesn't, however.

Bad Job MS Store UK
I was told the same but it was from a cookie cutter response team :?(
They dont even answer Tweets about this

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Still hoping my MS UK order ships today for tomorrow!!

Edit - you can add to cart now, no preorder date showing

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss