950XL Waiting Room

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
A place to twiddle your thumbs.....

I actually bought an iPhone 6s plus to play around with. No support for IMAP IDLE had the phone back at Apple the next day lol. Have been looking at the PRIV to satisfy curiosity.... But naaah...

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

At least MS is doing better than what we did at Palm. We announced the PRE at CES JAn 2009 and were only able to release it in June, a full 6 months later!!! Talk about hate mail!! WebOs lived for 31 months!!!

Last edited:

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

A place to twiddle your thumbs.....

I actually bought an iPhone 6s plus to play around with. No support for IMAP IDLE had the phone back at Apple the next day lol. Have been looking at the PRIV to satisfy curiosity.... But naaah...

Haha... I sold my Note 4 and picked up a 640XL to use until the 950XL is released..

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

At least MS is doing better than what we did at Palm. We announced the PRE at CES JAn 2009 and were only able to release it in June, a full 6 months later!!! Talk about hate mail!! WebOs lived for 31 months!!!

I think because these are branded as "fan-phones" they don't have any hustle lol. Something tells me if this were a Panos product we would have these in our hands right now.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I used a Palm Pilot and Palm Vx with great success while training in emergency medicine. So I agree you guys did a great job. I have both of them charging in my office and they are ready to go. Assembled in the USA! This handy database allowed us to concentrate on medicine and not memorization.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Came close to doing this myself..... But I've had my fill of 400 series processors (L830).

Totally Understandable, but I needed to know if Windows Phone would do everything I needed/wanted such as sync with my Jeep GC hands free system for texting, calls and streaming music via pandora, mp3s, Spotify ect... The 640XL actually does a much better job then the Note 4.. I also wanted to make sure I'd like using a Windows Phone since I haven't had one since WP 7 (Samsung Focus) and happy again to say I am enjoying it..

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Totally Understandable, but I needed to know if Windows Phone would do everything I needed/wanted such as sync with my Jeep GC hands free system for texting, calls and streaming music via pandora, mp3s, Spotify ect... The 640XL actually does a much better job then the Note 4.. I also wanted to make sure I'd like using a Windows Phone since I haven't had one since WP 7 (Samsung Focus) and happy again to say I am enjoying it..

Awesome.... We welcome you back to the glass-house cult.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Just killing time, read an article of the explosion of popularity in throwback 'flip phones' in Japan. Makes me look at my 830 in a whole other light! Looks like Japan's youth is more concerned about battery life and functionality. Who'd thunk it? All people aren't swayed by by the latest pop culture app(s).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

My 1520 has the phantom touch problem and is nearly unusable. Eagerly waiting for 950XL... if I can last that long,

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

Waiting, waiting.... I really think I want to move from Android over to the Windows platform this time and I'm anxiously waiting for the 950XL. I would definitely do the bundle with the Band 2 if it is offered. My concern is that Microsoft has discovered something truly wrong with these phones - hence no information about release - and that I might be purchasing a phone that will give me problems down the road.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Awesome.... We welcome you back to the glass-house cult.

Thanks Tux, :)
I am am a bit disappointed in all the gloom and doom here, its like all some members do is ***** and complain about how WP isn't going to survive or these phones will never be released or how MS is giving up on Win10 MP before its even released. They said they will be released in Nov but the pessimists want it yesterday. Too much negativity man...

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I am am a bit disappointed in all the gloom and doom here, its like all some members do is ***** and complain about how WP isn't going to survive or these phones will never be released or how MS is giving up on Win10 MP before its even released. They said they will be released in Nov but the pessimists want it yesterday. Too much negativity man...

... Support MS, Windows is best ... I see many people switch to android and iPhone which is so disappointing... MS needs to upgrade more android and apple apps into windows store.. They are doing it, lets wait ..Good things are coming :).... I suppose windows hardware are great only thing needs is to polish windows OS and add more apps and remove the duplicate apps from windows store.... Windows is the best guys....

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Twiddling like I've never twiddled before.

My 1520 actually still works fine, no ghost touch, no loading/resuming bug... I just don't like the size. And the L930 is simply poop on AT&T since there's no LTE. I tried to live without expandable storage and it just sucks... even trying to OneDrive all my music, pics and videos, I'd have at least needed LTE.

Lumia 950 will be a rarity in the Windows phone hardware line - GOOD decision making. They packed it all in this time instead of thinking "Oh we'll just give 'em 32GB of storage, they won't need to expand that if we give 'em 32GB." or making a perfectly specced phone that's only accessible to the phablet lovers.

I will pay their ludicrous asking price, just give us a damn release date.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

That's a weird and negative way of looking at it. Then "pessimists" want it yesterday?

I would think the "pessimists" are the ones that think it will be a piece of junk. The ones that want it yesterday are eager fans that are optimistic about it to spend several hundred dollars to buy it.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Waiting for the 950 and xl. My wife and I are sitting, waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting and.......you get the idea.

I am getting her a flip cover and red/gold mozo combo, and I am getting a brown and white one for my 950xl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb