950XL Waiting Room

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Totally Understandable, but I needed to know if Windows Phone would do everything I needed/wanted such as sync with my Jeep GC hands free system for texting, calls and streaming music via pandora, mp3s, Spotify ect... The 640XL actually does a much better job then the Note 4.. I also wanted to make sure I'd like using a Windows Phone since I haven't had one since WP 7 (Samsung Focus) and happy again to say I am enjoying it..

My Icon with 8.1 pairs swimmingly with my '14 Grand Cherokee. It reads incoming texts, allows me to dictate replies and I finally figured out how to compose new texts. I couldn't ask for a better pairing. I hope WM10 doesn't screw it up!!!

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

twiddling my thumbs............................. in expectation though as I pre-ordered mine today :) should arrive 6th December :)
sorry guys, couldn't refrain from posting ;)

thalador

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

This is actually kind of infuriating. The phone is/has been released for preorder in the UK (and they even got a price cut already) and other countries in Europe but when are we getting it? My coworkers think I am crazy for being an IT guy ditching android and waiting for the 950.. The more silence the more I wonder if they are right.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I over heard, Chuck Norris thought about getting an XL. At that same moment in time, a sudden felling of inpending doom struck the FCC and they approved.

Last edited:

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Preorderdered second day at ms store.
Will be getting it with the original band I think as I don't see the value for an extra $120 to get the band 2.

In the meantime ordered the Priv yesterday to keep me busy with a toy.
Hate Google overseer but want to check out the mechanism on the phone itself.

Can't wait for the 950xl.

I hope they come out with spare batteries with charging docks at the same time they begin selling them!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

When we're they referred as fan phones?
In Nadella's strategy and in conversations a few months back, he has stated that one of the categories would be for Windows "fans". The other categories are value, and business/enterprise, so the phone for the fans is going to be high end.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Well I just saw they passed through the FCC today. Usually release dates are within a week or two after that based on my previous experience. I think it was just that MSFT didn't want the unpolished W10 being picked on by "reviewers" so they pulled them. In fact that's likely the reason for the slow fast ring builds..... making sure the new hardware is as tight as possible before release.

Last edited:

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

lol, I'm one of those impatient people but I try not to let it translate into salty-vengeance. I just "twiddle my thumbs".

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, for the life of me I don't know why these phone manufacturers let carriers blind them into thinking exclusives are still viable. This isn't 2007 and the groundbreaking iPhone/AT&T era is over. I wished MS sold the 930 unlocked in their store with all GSM band support (LTE T-MO), I would have bought one off contract in a heartbeat.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

twiddling my thumbs............................. in expectation though as I pre-ordered mine today :) should arrive 6th December :)
sorry guys, couldn't refrain from posting ;)
I want to say congrats on solidifying a receipt date but................................. I don't like you right now.

lol j/k

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro