950XL Waiting Room

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Preorderdered second day at ms store.
Will be getting it with the original band I think as I don't see the value for an extra $120 to get the band 2.

In the meantime ordered the Priv yesterday to keep me busy with a toy.
Hate Google overseer but want to check out the mechanism on the phone itself.

Can't wait for the 950xl.

I hope they come out with spare batteries with charging docks at the same time they begin selling them!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Lol I ordered a PRIV too! I will likely send it back though, already tried the 6s plus and a plethora of other phones....... yes I have a problem. :evil:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if those Mozo backs are real metal or "metal painted".
The backs are polycarb. The metallic looking surrounds are a coating. The back face is real leather over the polycarb.

Now what constitutes real leather in this day may not match yours or my definition. Like a Mustang I recently bought. Didn't decide to buy until too late to factory order and couldn't find exactly what I wanted on a lot even within 500 miles! So I ended up without leather seats. So I bought new leather takes offs from Roush (sp?) since they put their own custom leather in their cars. A local shop who installed them for me said PETA would be happy because he doubted Ford needed more than one cow to do a whole year's production.

Last edited:

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I cant wait either! Cracked my screen about a month ago, got excited after the announcement and cant wait - just have a glass cover on it for now so I dont mess up my fingers lol

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I'm waiting outside the Redmond office with a wad of cash patiently waiting.

Attachments

• 2015-10-25 16.15.23.jpg
    2015-10-25 16.15.23.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 15

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

My 1520 actually still works fine, no ghost touch

now that is interesting. So the phantom touch issue is mere software issue then? are you running w10m? if yes would you say that w10m has totally fixed the touch issue on 1520?(i am now planing to get 1520).thanks

T 33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm looking at the UK pre-order page daily and it still says "email me when available" I think you mean the Clove and Expansys sites who take pre-orders before it is released for sale to capture customers (and then deliver weeks after MS - one personal experience)

EDIT
My correction - just found out they had limited pre-order and it is sold out. Real bad customer service from their agent saying she couldn't tell me if I could get one this year just it may go back up for pre-order soon.

Also she was rude when I asked why I hadn't been sent an email saying it was on sale. She just said only the first people to register were sent emails. However I know I registered my interest within an hour of the 950XL going onto the site

With this kind of customer service makes me wonder if it safe to buy any Microsoft product

Last edited:

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Totally Understandable, but I needed to know if Windows Phone would do everything I needed/wanted such as sync with my Jeep GC hands free system for texting, calls and streaming music via pandora, mp3s, Spotify ect... The 640XL actually does a much better job then the Note 4.. I also wanted to make sure I'd like using a Windows Phone since I haven't had one since WP 7 (Samsung Focus) and happy again to say I am enjoying it..

So your Jeep GC system, what is that called? I'm mainly just curious, but I'm also considering buying a Jeep and it would be nice to know which system works ahead of time.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I would think the "pessimists" are the ones that think it will be a piece of junk. The ones that want it yesterday are eager fans that are optimistic about it to spend several hundred dollars to buy it.

I've heard both. I've heard people say it sucks and that it's been held up too long at the same time. Personally I think it should have been a higher priority to get out sooner, and I also think more features should have been added. But if it's stable at release, it will be the best mobile OS available, so that's good enough for me.

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

It wouldn't be so bad if I at least had a definitive release date in my calendar. I was at the Microsoft Store the other day and the guy said I could buy one on Monday but I didn't bother going back because I knew that was BS. I've been using a OnePlus One for several months and I so can't wait to get back to Windows.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

So your Jeep GC system, what is that called? I'm mainly just curious, but I'm also considering buying a Jeep and it would be nice to know which system works ahead of time.

I have a '14 GC Summit and the system is called Uconnect. My 8.1 Icon integrates wonderfully with Uconnect.

There are several features the Uconnect web page says are unavailable on windows phone that work incredibly well with the Icon.

Darron Smith1

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

My Icon with 8.1 pairs swimmingly with my '14 Grand Cherokee. It reads incoming texts, allows me to dictate replies and I finally figured out how to compose new texts. I couldn't ask for a better pairing. I hope WM10 doesn't screw it up!!!
Dictate? I have a GC as well and it reads texts but I can only voice reply via Cortana instead of the Jeep's system. When I try, it says something about being incompatible with my phone. What am I missing? Also, I really wish that when it plays music from my phone, that the album artwork would show up on the LCD...

EDIT: By the way. I'm using a 1020. Not to be confused with the 920 in my profile pic.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Came close to doing this myself..... But I've had my fill of 400 series processors (L830).

That brings me to the question when i worked at circuit city, all the old people would come and buy the cheapest Intel Celeron POS computer, why are they buying iPhones now?

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

What is the release date for ATT, cuz i gots that Citi card that gives me 650 back on a phone, if i swim through a gator pit with the card in my teeth.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Dictate? I have a GC as well and it reads texts but I can only voice reply via Cortana instead of the Jeep's system. When I try, it says something about being incompatible with my phone. What am I missing? Also, I really wish that when it plays music from my phone, that the album artwork would show up on the LCD...
I was researching SUVs for my father and I could receive and answer texts in new Jeeps the same as in any modern car with Blue-tooth. I have a 1520.3. So not sure why you could not answer a text.

You can't do texts thru some car app but the native ability in WP is just as good (or better) for receiving and responding to texts. For INITIATING new texts, you have to go thru the extra step of "calling" Cortana and telling her who you want to text. So I am guessing initiating texts won't be quite as good as an app built into the car but then again I never tested that with an Android or iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta