950XL Waiting Room

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

What is the release date for ATT, cuz i gots that Citi card that gives me 650 back on a phone, if i swim through a gator pit with the card in my teeth.
More info please. I don't care about the money but am always looking for an excuse to swim thru gator pits.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Dictate? I have a GC as well and it reads texts but I can only voice reply via Cortana instead of the Jeep's system. When I try, it says something about being incompatible with my phone. What am I missing? Also, I really wish that when it plays music from my phone, that the album artwork would show up on the LCD...

EDIT: By the way. I'm using a 1020. Not to be confused with the 920 in my profile pic.

Sorry if you know this already, but how it works for me is...

When I get a text, it asks something to the effect of "You have a new text. Read it or ignore." I'll say "read it" and it reads the message. When finished it asks "reply or done." I say "reply" and it asks "what do you want to say?" So I say what I want to reply and say "send" and off it goes.

I'll admit, it integrates so well I don't know if Uconnect is doing it or if it's Cortona. Doesn't matter to me as long as someone is.

One cool trick, and I found this by searching interweb so I can't take credit... When you pair your phone and it downloads your address book it adds an entry for Cortana. So you can press the phone button, say "call Cortana" and it opens a pass through to her. You can then do any Cortana trick you want. I use it to start a text conversation from scratch without getting a text first. I.e. "Call Cortana... text Darron Smith..."

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Dictate? I have a GC as well and it reads texts but I can only voice reply via Cortana instead of the Jeep's system. When I try, it says something about being incompatible with my phone. What am I missing? Also, I really wish that when it plays music from my phone, that the album artwork would show up on the LCD...

EDIT: By the way. I'm using a 1020. Not to be confused with the 920 in my profile pic.

Sorry if you know this already, but how it works for me is...

When I get a text, it asks something to the effect of "You have a new text. Read it or ignore." I'll say "read it" and it reads the message. When finished it asks "reply or done." I say "reply" and it asks "what do you want to say?" So I say what I want to reply and say "send" and off it goes.

I'll admit, it integrates so well I don't know if Uconnect is doing it or if it's Cortona. Doesn't matter to me as long as someone is.

One cool trick, and I found this by searching interweb so I can't take credit... When you pair your phone and it downloads your address book it adds an entry for Cortana. So you can press the phone button, say "call Cortana" and it opens a pass through to her. You can then do any Cortana trick you want. I use it to start a text conversation from scratch without getting a text first. I.e. "Call Cortana... text Darron Smith..."

ETA: Sorry to take things off topic. I guess it's a way to kill time while we're waiting...

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

Waiting, waiting.... I really think I want to move from Android over to the Windows platform this time and I'm anxiously waiting for the 950XL. I would definitely do the bundle with the Band 2 if it is offered. My concern is that Microsoft has discovered something truly wrong with these phones - hence no information about release - and that I might be purchasing a phone that will give me problems down the road.

I'm waiting too, but I don't think the problem is with the phone. I think they are trying to finish the mobile operating system before releasing the phones...

<TED>

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

... When you pair your phone and it downloads your address book it adds an entry for Cortana. So you can press the phone button, say "call Cortana" and it opens a pass through to her.

Is there a specific phone number or something for Cortana in your address book entry? I have an older car with way older bluetooth and currently can only make calls or receive calls... I think calling Cortana to invoke cortana would be cool.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Is there a specific phone number or something for Cortana in your address book entry? I have an older car with way older bluetooth and currently can only make calls or receive calls... I think calling Cortana to invoke cortana would be cool.

I don't know. I'll check and report back later.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

With my Lumia 920 and WP 8.1 I used 555-555-9876.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Search to confirm but I think its something like 555-555-9876 to dial Cortana direct although handset makers can change that. An article somewhere mentioned that if calling Cortana via the contact she shows the car doesn't work some people had success by manually adding that fake number for Cortana to their phone contacts.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

At least MS is doing better than what we did at Palm. We announced the PRE at CES JAn 2009 and were only able to release it in June, a full 6 months later!!! Talk about hate mail!! WebOs lived for 31 months!!!

Palm may have been a messed up company.

But, my $100 Hp touchpad was my favorite tablet ever.
It was the perfect size, the brower was easy to use, battery life was great.
For my use, which was just browsing, I loved it. Way better than Edge on a tablet (I miss metro IE).

It got old and slow after 3 years and it didn't help that web content kept getting more complex and elaborate. But I sure as hell got my $100 worth.

JDasenbrock

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

My Icon with 8.1 pairs swimmingly with my '14 Grand Cherokee. It reads incoming texts, allows me to dictate replies and I finally figured out how to compose new texts. I couldn't ask for a better pairing. I hope WM10 doesn't screw it up!!!
My Icon is now running WM10 10572. Interaction used to work flawlessly wiht my 2013 Mitsubishi, but now not so much. It will tell me I have a text, but disconnects after I say "read it". It then reconnects and sometimes reads the texts, sometimes not. Good news, the WM10 maps navigation works perfectly through BT audio.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

I have a '14 GC Summit and the system is called Uconnect. My 8.1 Icon integrates wonderfully with Uconnect.

There are several features the Uconnect web page says are unavailable on windows phone that work incredibly well with the Icon.

I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited with Uconnect also, I let my subscription run out on my Uconnect account where my Note 4 wouldn't send voice replies Cortana does it through the hands free system and MUCH faster then then Uconnect's paid subscription's version.. Uconnects voice reply menu takes forever reciting options where Cortona keeps it short and to the point.. When using Spotify, Pandora or MP3s all load faster also and Song, Artists and album load on the display screen perfectly unlike with my Note 4 which often hung up when changing sources showing the last info even though a different song, artist was playing..

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Palm may have been a messed up company.

But, my $100 Hp touchpad was my favorite tablet ever.
It was the perfect size, the brower was easy to use, battery life was great.
For my use, which was just browsing, I loved it. Way better than Edge on a tablet (I miss metro IE).

It got old and slow after 3 years and it didn't help that web content kept getting more complex and elaborate. But I sure as hell got my $100 worth.

Took forever for my wife to stop using that and use the the Surface RT we bought way back lol. Still lying aorund, feels like such a waste to throw it away, need some ideas what I could do with it :D

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited with Uconnect also, I let my subscription run out on my Uconnect account where my Note 4 wouldn't send voice replies Cortana does it through the hands free system and MUCH faster then then Uconnect's paid subscription's version.. Uconnects voice reply menu takes forever reciting options where Cortona keeps it short and to the point.. When using Spotify, Pandora or MP3s all load faster also and Song, Artists and album load on the display screen perfectly unlike with my Note 4 which often hung up when changing sources showing the last info even though a different song, artist was playing..

Good to know. My '14 is a recent program car purchase (June) so I'm still running on the free trial period. I've been weighing the pros and cons of renewing when the time comes.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

My Icon is now running WM10 10572. Interaction used to work flawlessly wiht my 2013 Mitsubishi, but now not so much. It will tell me I have a text, but disconnects after I say "read it". It then reconnects and sometimes reads the texts, sometimes not. Good news, the WM10 maps navigation works perfectly through BT audio.

That's my fear. New and improved scares me when the new and improved thing is something I like...

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Good to know. My '14 is a recent program car purchase (June) so I'm still running on the free trial period. I've been weighing the pros and cons of renewing when the time comes.

My pleasure JD, I have to note I haven't even downloaded the Uconnect app on my 640XL, since I didn't resubscribe the only features the Uconnect would need for me to have the Uconnect app on the phone to have the Jeep's Uconnect apps to run is Pandora, Yelp, iHeart radio, honestly the car apps take way too long to load and then sync with the phone's Uconnect app compared to just streaming Pandora, Mp3's, iHeart and Spotify through Media/Bluetooth.. Even with Uconnect not installed on my phone the texts still come up to listen or read just like before, recent calls, contacts ect still load into the car's Uconnect system, having the Uconnect app IS NOT needed on your phone which I think is great since its one less app running to drain the phone's battery..

Darron Smith1

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

ETA: Sorry to take things off topic. I guess it's a way to kill time while we're waiting...
Hmm...that sounds like Cortana. For me, the Jeep would tell me I have a text and offer to read it, then shortly thereafter, Cortana would do the same. Redundant and annoying. I'll try to disconnect and reconnect to see if I can get it more streamlined. As far as your other little tip, that's FANTASTIC! I have a 2015 JGC Overland, so it should work for me too. I'm excited to give it a try! Thanks man! :)

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Very cool, didn't know that little trick.. Thanks for sharing JD 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05