950XL Waiting Room

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Waiting, waiting.... I really think I want to move from Android over to the Windows platform this time and I'm anxiously waiting for the 950XL. I would definitely do the bundle with the Band 2 if it is offered.

Will there be bundles? I hear Germany is getting free Continuum docks. I'd love to get a Band 2.

rocker1m1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

I am hoping to get this when it releases this December where I live. I am trying to understand why Microsoft is keen on updating apps for Android and iOS over Windows. They are choosing a rival platform which does not share their apps and services with their own platform, but Microsoft seems too happy to share.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

+920. Been waiting for this phone for the longest time.... Some people keep saying wait for the Surface Phone, well I can't. Even though my 920 still functions well enough to be a daily driver, it is still starting to fall apart (front camera completely dusted and gone, sim card trade semi-broken, one of the button light broken), although it did survive a 5-minute lake dive and was magically revived.
If Surface Phone did come out in 2016, then perhaps i'll just have to sell this, who knows, maybe it won't be that much better than 950XL, this phone is a beast!

biju paul

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I've been waiting for ages for a perfect replacement for my 925, which is still in superb condition... Can't wait any further. 950XL seems to be the answer. Hope I can have one by the end of this year.

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

@rocker1m1: Hopefully this changes with the release of WM10. However, to not provide the support to iOS and Android that they provide would otherwise mean that they lose the majority of the mobile market for productivity suites which would eventually impact the desktop market. It is a shame that they have allowed their apps for WP8 to languish, but that choice was likely made because they are developing something better for WM10. It is a calculated risk, but if what they release for 10 is equal to or better than what they have on iOS and Android and if they do not lose too many users over it then it was likely worth it in the long run.

BrandonLiveuh

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Currently rocking a T-Mobile 521 with Win10 Mobile after selling my 1520 in preparation for 950xl purchase.
Although the 521 run Win10Mo ... it's quite painful.

Can't decide if I'm goin to hold back on accessory purchases right away or not.
Dock? Mozo Leather back? Bluetooth keyboard?
This thing is goin to get real expensive real quick.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

that day when email comes from Microsoft which tells us that we can start preordering ,that day I will put through my preorder

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

that day when email comes from Microsoft which tells us that we can start preordering ,that day I will put through my preorder

I preordered mine in the store weeks ago when I was in there about my Surface 3 and was talking to them about the phone they asked me if I wanted to preorder the xl I wasn't going to because I wasn't going to get the xl but then decided to. So I have preordered I just want to know what date it is coming! :unhappysweat:

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Took forever for my wife to stop using that and use the the Surface RT we bought way back lol. Still lying aorund, feels like such a waste to throw it away, need some ideas what I could do with it :D

I have heard that Android can be hacked onto the Touchpad without too much trouble. Granted it would be AOSP and many don't prefer Android, but it would give you access to more apps, if at a cost of reduced battery life and responsiveness.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I am hoping to get this when it releases this December where I live. I am trying to understand why Microsoft is keen on updating apps for Android and iOS over Windows. They are choosing a rival platform which does not share their apps and services with their own platform, but Microsoft seems too happy to share.

I'm not sure which iOS apps you are talking about. If you're referring to Office stuff, and other services, those are separate departments of MS and don't really have anything to do with Windows Phone. Those apps are in the works for phone, but will be available in W10. If you mean their other projects like MS Garage, that's something people do based on their own skill, it's not directed by MS.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I preordered mine in the store weeks ago when I was in there about my Surface 3 and was talking to them about the phone they asked me if I wanted to preorder the xl I wasn't going to because I wasn't going to get the xl but then decided to. So I have preordered I just want to know what date it is coming! :unhappysweat:

well i'm from Caribbean, there aren't any Msft Stores here, but I usually purchase my phones unlocked, so once it's on Msft Site unlocked, i'm gonna get mine

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

I called the store he said they are fixing and changing some things. I asked him why the offer for preorder is not on the site but I was able to he said it was because I got it in before they pulled them from the shelves. He said that I should leave my preorder as is and that I will get a call and an email when it is in. I am glad they are getting everything right before they release it I just have to learn to practice patience. It helped to talk to someone at the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa