950XL Waiting Room

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

In Canada they have been taking preorders with $0 down for weeks now. At the time they said late Nov, but I guess now it looks more like Dec.

It's always been known that they are coming in December for Canada. It would be nice if they put them back in the stores to look at. They are not communicating enough about these devices.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I have a couple of them on order from B&H, but I think those of us who are Insiders would be happy to buy one RIGHT NOW, loaded with Preview software. I tweeted Gabe my suggestion saying this.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Not looking like Australia is going to get them before Christmas still no pre-orders available. I want a surface band and nothing available in Australia or Asia. getting to the point where I find it hard to keep supporting there products when they fail to be a world company most times.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, if Dan is to be believed (and he almost always is), then the US can look forward to the pre-order for these sometime around the 3rd or 4th week of November. It would almost by necessity need to happen after MS releases the fall update for Windows 10 that should be coming in the next week or two. That puts us right near the middle to end of the month for mobile.

Personally, I'm going to call it now: There's no way these hit the US pre-order market at $549 and $649. The very fact that B&H is undercutting the XL price by $20 suggests to me that these are headed for deep discounts during the holiday season.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Been comparing the sizes of phones on gsmarena, as I am eager to see if I can cope with a significantly bigger phone (xl). Also noticed that the 950 had an extra lte band. Could be an error.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

Personally, I'm going to call it now: There's no way these hit the US pre-order market at $549 and $649. The very fact that B&H is undercutting the XL price by $20 suggests to me that these are headed for deep discounts during the holiday season.
If they do get a price cut shortly after becoming available I hope MS will issue refunds to early adopters. I'm already making my budget nervous with the $649 price.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Unreal, MS just shot themselves in the foot again slashing one-drive storage from a free 30gigs to 5 gigs. My patience in pulling for the mobile underdog is wearing thin. I literally hopped off the 4th place horse(blackberry), and decided to ride the third place horse(MS).... but this pony is trying to throw the dam race! Ugh.....

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

It wasn't 30 GB, it was 15, and it's still comparable to what Apple and Android offer.
There are so many ways to get free OneDrive space that it's not that big of a deal.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

It wasn't 30 GB, it was 15, and it's still comparable to what Apple and Android offer.
There are so many ways to get free OneDrive space that it's not that big of a deal.
I'm totaling the camera roll as well.

15 free + 15 cam roll = 30

Free slashed to 5 and cam roll discontinued.

What did I miss?

wahab bashir

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I have been waiting and waiting. The worst part is the seller in Bahrain are giving very optimistic views about the date and I don't know whether to rejoice or just wait in agony on finding out its not going to happen.

They have told me the 950XL could be available as soon as 10th November. If this does happen oh boy oh boy.

I will keep you guys posted on what happens. I highly doubt but then I am overly hopeful also.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I know I just want to know the expected shipping date in Australia if its not before December the 25 I will have to get another Android phone to hold me over till they hit Thailand. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99