950XL Waiting Room

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I'm a bit surprised on how easy is for some of you to casually buy a top of the line smartphone "to play while you wait", then get rid of it.

Me I'm waiting for the 950 XL to show up in physical stores to order it as an import. Though it's being released locally here in my country, probably later than sooner. I want to have it ASAP.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I here you I definitely want it to be available in Australia before December 25 as I know it will not hit Thailand till a few Month's later.:/ still not up for pre-order:(

mozza54

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

I spotted the deals from buymobiles a couple of days ago.. contract prices seem pretty reasonable which is nice. I spoke to them this morning as their 950xl Pre order is currently ?42 cheaper than the MS store (?488 over ?529).

They don't have an exact release date yet but expect to get theirs within a couple of days of release.

They couldn't confirm if buying a handset from them would be eligible for the free display dock but the guy didn't think it would be an issue.

For the minute I've pre ordered mine from the MS store, but im half tempted to save a few quid with them. Looking forward to getting off this stupid LG G3 and back to a Windows phone :D

tgirv4

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Twiddling thumbs as well. No that's not true; getting downright antsy. Thought about the Priv as well (intriguing) but iPhone? Is that like drinking your own bathwater?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm a bit surprised on how easy is for some of you to casually buy a top of the line smartphone "to play while you wait", then get rid of it.

Me I'm waiting for the 950 XL to show up in physical stores to order it as an import. Though it's being released locally here in my country, probably later than sooner. I want to have it ASAP.

I think this is kind of normal for some people who are very into tech to do. Since it's still newish, they can always sell it and get most of their investment back.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

Twiddling thumbs as well. No that's not true; getting downright antsy. Thought about the Priv as well (intriguing) but iPhone? Is that like drinking your own bathwater?

The Priv looks fantastic, think it will save crackberry?

As for iPhone... there's nothing wrong with them. They're good phones, and they do what they do and do it well. Might not be for everyone, but doesn't mean they're junk.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Lol.. It was a very short lived experience! Had to make the smartphone tour complete!

Tamer81

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I have the same issue but more with Windows Mobile 10. I hope the final release will fix that. I already ordered the Lumia 950 XL so I'm eagerly waiting..

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday at the Microsoft store I asked a technician his opinion on when the 950 XL would be released and he said "umm... I've heard it might be released at the very end of the month but... it should be coming... maybe." He said he believes the 950 XL hardware is ready but Windows 10 Mobile isn't. He said Microsoft pulled the 950 XL from the store because "the phone was beta hardware with beta software and customers were messing them up to the point we couldn't fix them." I did notice a 950 XL preorder sign still displayed.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Preordered my 950 XL today =)
I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas!
ya'll are more patient than I am. I am going to check out the blackberry priv once it is in stores and then decide between that, the LG V10, and Galaxy S6 Edge+. I'm tired of waiting, and I'm starting to fear these won't be out by December, much less this month.

This is the supposed month of release, and no firm date. Ridiculous. They have really hung us out to dry, and I think the new flagship sales are going to show it.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

I like how you say we're more patient, then go on to say you're going to wait for a different phone to come out, then wait some more to decide between it and a few others.

The 950s are really nice and worth waiting for in my opinion. If you like Windows 10 Mobile, these will be the best phones running it for at least a year.

Ian Denchasy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

I've been rocking a Lumia 1520 for several months and LOVE it. A friend has the developer's Windows 10 loaded on his 1520 and it runs VERY well. Since you can score one of these for between $175-200.00 on eBay or Craigslist, they are a bargain and will keep me going until the next gen of Windows 10 phones follows in another year.

metalb00

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

Sorry if you know this already, but how it works for me is...

When I get a text, it asks something to the effect of "You have a new text. Read it or ignore." I'll say "read it" and it reads the message. When finished it asks "reply or done." I say "reply" and it asks "what do you want to say?" So I say what I want to reply and say "send" and off it goes.

I'll admit, it integrates so well I don't know if Uconnect is doing it or if it's Cortona. Doesn't matter to me as long as someone is.

One cool trick, and I found this by searching interweb so I can't take credit... When you pair your phone and it downloads your address book it adds an entry for Cortana. So you can press the phone button, say "call Cortana" and it opens a pass through to her. You can then do any Cortana trick you want. I use it to start a text conversation from scratch without getting a text first. I.e. "Call Cortana... text Darron Smith..."

I have bluetooth in my motorcycle helmet and it did the exact same thing on my 1020 but neither the iphone or androd did that so its the phone

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

I decided to sit in with fellow fans and/or soon-to-be 950-XL owners. I maybe here a long while, since I'm awaiting confirmation that the Verizon network will be supported by this device.

If the oft-wanted "Surface Phone" arrives on the scene, then I'll get out of this waiting room and join that waiting room. :\

{{ begins twiddling thumbs }}

kokola

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Last I checked W10M is still not ready.
Why would anyone buy 950/950XL with unfinished OS?
I think I will wait.

Paul Cordova

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

Can we set up an even longer waiting room?
People on Verizon or Sprint waiting...
It may be a real long one and I want someone to share my pain with lol

Paul Cordova

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

I decided to sit in with fellow fans and/or soon-to-be 950-XL owners. I maybe here a long while, since I'm awaiting confirmation that the Verizon network will be supported by this device.

If the oft-wanted "Surface Phone" arrives on the scene, then I'll get out of this waiting room and join that waiting room. :\

{{ begins twiddling thumbs }}

We need a special Verizon room lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99