950XL Waiting Room

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Last I checked W10M is still not ready.
Why would anyone buy 950/950XL with unfinished OS?
I think I will wait.

With phones the OS is much more tightly integrated with the hardware. Windows 10 is probably much more finished if not done for the 950s. It's the older phones they're having us beta test on.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Last I checked W10M is still not ready.
Why would anyone buy 950/950XL with unfinished OS?
I think I will wait.

Windows 10 is the reason the phone hasn't been released. If WP10 were out, we'd all have 950s in our hands.

ForceofWill

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I was excited and waiting for this phone so I could return to Windows Phone but it's becoming clear to me MS doesn't care about the platform anymore. Still no word on these things..the hype wore off for me, ordered 2 nexus 6p's.

I still hope WP10 ends up in a good place though.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd like one but for some reason Germany is one of the few places you can't get the dual sim version of the 950 XL (just the 950). And they are not giving away the same sweeteners with the 950, making it essentially the same price.

The 950 would be OK, but it is expensive (and as I mentioned elsewhere, broadly speaking anything over 470 euros is a multi-year tax write-off, anything less can be deducted in a single year), so I may wait.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I was excited and waiting for this phone so I could return to Windows Phone but it's becoming clear to me MS doesn't care about the platform anymore. Still no word on these things..the hype wore off for me, ordered 2 nexus 6p's.

I still hope WP10 ends up in a good place though.

Dude, do you go to somebody's retirement party and say, 'Well, the next big party will be your funeral.'

Talk about a wet blanket.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Dude, do you go to somebody's retirement party and say, 'Well, the next big party will be your funeral.'

Talk about a wet blanket.

Not defending him, but it's easy to get discouraged when Nadella himself (at the event in India today), begins his conversation about mobile by pulling out an iPhone. Yes. That. Happened.

I mean, it's just a slap in the face to any WinMobile enthusiast.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not defending him, but it's easy to get discouraged when Nadella himself (at the event in India today), begins his conversation about mobile by pulling out an iPhone. Yes. That. Happened.

I applaud them for going after the masochist market.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Nadella has to push the money products. If he just pushed WP products he'd be targeting a fairly small audience, even in India. We need iOS/Android users to get hooked on MS services, then move them over to WP.

Craig Az

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I believe this is what you're referring to:
The CEO begins to demonstrate some of the tools he uses on a daily basis. To everyone?s surprise, Nadella pulls out an iPhone, but quickly says that, ?It?s not my phone, but it?s an iPhone, but it includes all the Microsoft apps and services. It?s a Microsoft phone, really.?​

After which he demonstrates products on his 950. Not a slap in the face, but a focus on services over devices to build brand identity on different platforms. Smart moves.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

It doesn't benefit the customer in any way for these companies to be so closed-minded and 'xenophobic' to other platforms that they cut off their noses to spite their face. MS pushing its products onto iOS and Android platforms can ONLY benefit WinMobile enthusiasts in the long run. Frankly, I'm happy that MS is taking the high road and not playing the mean-spirited 'console-war' game anymore. The fact that Apple is still doing it makes them look like pricks.

Being the 'my chosen platform is better than your chosen platform' guy is short-sighted and petty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte