950XL Waiting Room

Fuzzymemo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Third bullet left side:

Not sure what kind of special deal they got with the unique link but must not forget the $95 annual fee, unless that's waiver somehow.
Spend $2,000 in 3 months. 3x points for ATT related, phone $650 x tax = ~$692.25(MA)= ~$21.00, get back $650.00 (for phone) + point = $671.00, (remaining ~$1,330x1=$13) =~$684.00 - $95(annual fee) - (($45 plan +$15)x Tax) = ~$525 free to you (you paid tax, 1 month service, and annual fee)

BTW, B&H got the 950XL for $629.99, so that's another $20 saving

Argaron

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

My problem exactly!
So now I'm kinda on the fence between buying 950XL and replacing the screen assembly on my 1520. #thestruggleisreal O_O

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what kind of special deal they got with the unique link but must not forget the $95 annual fee, unless that's waiver somehow.
Spend $2,000 in 3 months. 3x points for ATT related, phone $650 x tax = ~$692.25(MA)= ~$21.00, get back $650.00 (for phone) + point = $671.00, (remaining ~$1,330x1=$13) =~$684.00 - $95(annual fee) - (($45 plan +$15)x Tax) = ~$525 free to you (you paid tax, 1 month service, and annual fee)

BTW, B&H got the 950XL for $629.99, so that's another $20 saving
Not sure what you are saying the cost with the CitiBank AT&T card deal is but you can get the 950XL (if $650) for $188 if you are an AT&T customer or $232 if you aren't - the difference is the need to pay for one month of unused service if you aren't going to use the phone on AT&T. If you are NOT an AT&T customer they will issue an unlock code (even before you open the box) if you request it BEFORE activating the phone (since the unlock rules are different once you are an AT&T customer).

Breakdown here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...0xl-waiting-room-post3273711.html#post3273711

BTW the B&H savings are even more because unless you live in NY, you save sales tax which is almost 10% where I live. But the B&H phones do NOT have a Microsoft warranty in the US because they source the phones from another market BUT B&H does provide their own 12 month warranty which I know first hand is great from the 1520.3 I bought from them. I have early 950XL pre-orders with Microsoft and B&H and will probably take the B&H phone.

Npakaderm

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Going to get the 950XL ASAP. I got an iPhone 6+ (not s) through Jump on Demand from T-Mobile and hate the damn thing. It's been in a drawer for 3 months. Wishing T-Mobile was getting the 950XL so I could JoD to that. As much as I'd rather jump to it just to get rid of the iPhone I'm ready to pay outright for it.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a TPU case for my future 950XL...I want to protect it as soon as I get it. I now have a nice empty Tudia Blue case, waiting to be filled. It gives me an idea how the size will fit in my hand. I played with one at the Microsoft store when they were first announced, but that was without a case. This will be my first real upgrade since my 920. Really hoping it comes out this month.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a TPU case for my future 950XL...I want to protect it as soon as I get it. I now have a nice empty Tudia Blue case, waiting to be filled. It gives me an idea how the size will fit in my hand. I played with one at the Microsoft store when they were first announced, but that was without a case. This will be my first real upgrade since my 920. Really hoping it comes out this month.

care to share a link for the TPU case you bought? and where from?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
1st time I've ever pre-ordered a case before ordering the actual phone! I pre-ordered the leather back cover. Now I just need to order the phone!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Full-Ma...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3282414.

It looks like it is pretty good quality. I would rather that it had openings for the buttons, but other than that, it looks like it is very nice quality, and it is the first TPU case I have ever bought that I did not have to leave out for days to let the smell go away. I am hoping the ring around the camera protrudes enough so that when you set it down, it protects the camera protrusion. They sell different colors as well. Amazon has a lot of different cases already, and I am sure we will see a lot more. That is why I find it funny when people complain about the plastic of the 950's. No matter what phone people buy, they almost all have a cover on them, so all we really need are some very nice looking covers. All you ever see is the front of a phone, and the front of the 950 will look like pure glass, which I like the look of.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and I have 3 wireless chargers (2 from my 920 and a new Nokia stand up one that was on sale and I could not resist), also cold as I have been using a 640 running Windows 10 insider builds, so I will be able to give it a quick charge anywhere around the house if needed, which I will probably need up front when I get it and will be playing with it all the time! I thought of buying a glass screen protector as well, but am debating if it really needs it with Gorilla Glass 4, and will wait for reviews of the different ones that are available.

JdeFalconr

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So now that there are confirmed ship dates for the 950/XL in several other countries WP10 is clearly not holding up this phone. Obviously there are no manufacturing issues either. No word on USA release dates, preorders, or anything else for that matter since Oct 6th. Can we finally acknowledge that M$ just doesn't care about the US release of these devices?

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I still can't believe people still use M$. You should put the blame more on the carries in the US than Microsoft.
True... It's At&t's problem. B&H already started preorders for International Dual-Sim Variant. So it's not that products not coming to US, it's just At&t being ****ty.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Honestly pre-orders mean nada, B&H says expected ship date of Dec. 15th.. That's just a shot in the dark, they don't know anymore then we do when it will be released.. just they're guesstimate, I would bet we'll have them on or within the next 2 weeks..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You should put the blame more on the carries in the US than Microsoft.
I don't understand. I don't use a phone that came from a carrier and can't imagine a circumstance when I ever would. I'm buying my 950XL from Microsoft or B&H or anyone but a carrier. So how are the carriers responsible for the delays? Microsoft builds them. Microsoft sells them directly. How can Microsoft not be responsible for when I can buy one?

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand. I don't use a phone that came from a carrier and can't imagine a circumstance when I ever would. I'm buying my 950XL from Microsoft or B&H or anyone but a carrier. So how are the carriers responsible for the delays? Microsoft builds them. Microsoft sells them directly. How can Microsoft not be responsible for when I can buy one?

Well, maybe because they are negotiating with a carrier about having an exclusive for a limited time? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

<TED>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz