950XL Waiting Room

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Do the Microsoft stores have demo models of the 950 and XL back in store yet? Hard to believe they don't with only a week until release (at least for the 950).

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
So while we're waiting for the 950XL:

On MotoMaker, I know it's possible to buy a carrier sim for US$5 (since my wife is considering one).

Does anyone know if ATT in the US will just replace my existing mini-sim with a new nano-sim for the 950XL? Is there likely to be a way to just buy the sim from MS when I pre-order?

Yes, I just walked into the AT&T store and they gave me one when I got a new phone for my wife that required a nano...

<TED>

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I just walked into the AT&T store and they gave me one when I got a new phone for my wife that required a nano...<TED>

Didn't realize the 950XL will need a Nano Sim?? Well guess the first thing I'll be doing when I get my XL is head up to my AT&T store for a new Sim, I would think Nano is as small as Sims will get, although I thought that with the Micro lol.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Didn't realize the 950XL will need a Nano Sim?? Well guess the first thing I'll be doing when I get my XL is head up to my AT&T store for a new Sim, I would think Nano is as small as Sims will get, although I thought that with the Micro lol.

When switching to Cricket a couple months ago I couldn't find a store, including Amazon, with micro sims. Had to get their nanosim and adapter.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
When switching to Cricket a couple months ago I couldn't find a store, including Amazon, with micro sims. Had to get their nanosim and adapter.
All T-mobile Sims are multi-sized now. They snap out at three different sizes including micro and nano. I have mine snapped at micro now in my 925. I'll be breaking it down to nano size for my 950xl. :D

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The authorized AT&T dealer near me has several sim cutters. They also offered to replace my sim at no charge. I'll be visiting there the day I get my 950XL, unless I get too impatient, I have a Swiss Army knife.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yet my 640XL does not?? Curious why the 830 which was released last year has a nano but the 640XL which was released months ago is still micro?? Not that it matters, the 950XL is coming soon :)

Quite typical that mid range or flagship uses nano sim while low end uses micro sim. True for Android phones as well. Probably something to do with cost.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Well guys, it seems we've almost made it. The light at the end of the tunnel is nearing! Nov. 20th will be a happy day for everyone in the US (who was waiting on this phone). Less than a week now and we'll have this precious beast in our hands.

But I'm not excited or anything.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
That's funny I was just getting on to say I think I can relax now. :winktongue: We are close enough and the weeks go by fast. Who all has already preordered? :excited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Quite typical that mid range or flagship uses nano sim while low end uses micro sim. True for Android phones as well. Probably something to do with cost.

That can make sense but the 550 also uses nano sim, so maybe this is something might vary on the phone itself.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
That's funny I was just getting on to say I think I can relax now. :winktongue: We are close enough and the weeks go by fast. Who all has already preordered? :excited:

Boy that didn't turn out very well at all. It was supposed to include a quote as well.

Anyway point being yay less than a week to go next we will be discussing our new phones amongst one another. Now I just wait for the phone call!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven