950XL Waiting Room

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I am beyond ready too. If they call me during my work day I may have to get my coworker/friend to take me to the MS store for lunch. I wish I had time left I would take Friday off. Lol my husbands family is having a being party Saturday and I want to explore my phone while they bowl. I guess I should participate a bit. I will try.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So what's with the pricing. $649 for the XL and about $200 for complete puts us at around $900 for everything after taxes with the included dock.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Always remember.... with Android you have to "force close" apps. You don't want that in your life, trust me.
And that's wasn't always good enough, I hated how apps would rerun in the background even after force stopping them, "Music" for one drove me crazy, it can't be uninstalled or frozen short of Rooting, it constantly ran in the background with my Note 4.. Funny how hard old habits are tough go break, I still find myself holding the back button and swiping away past apps on my 640XL...

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys I was confused with how much it cost for my Surface Book. I think it was around that price
Yeah I bought complete for my Lumia 830 earlier this year and it was 100 bucks. I found out a few weeks ago that since Microsoft EOL'd the 830, I can pay the $50 deductible and get a 950. Looks like as soon as the MS store carries the 950 I'll have both!

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
That can make sense but the 550 also uses nano sim, so maybe this is something might vary on the phone itself.

Well the market doesn't sit still. It was still quite common that for the past year that entry level phones would still uses micro sim, I guess now that either the component prices has either come down enough and/or that the mobile industry has decided that it's just better to settle en mass on nano sim that it now makes sense to standardize across the board. Perhaps one factor is that since Apple only uses nano sim (afterall it's their standard) which had really driven the price down for those components. Another could be that the carriers only want to stock nano sims so best to adopt to that.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So between refreshing the MS page every five minutes and reading threads here, I'm deciding on accessories and covers. I found a wallet/case that I want to buy, but they don't ship to North America. Has anyone here done business with Golla? and Does anyone have any ideas for alternatives (maybe a UK distributor that will ship to NA?)?

Phone_Wallet_Rey_G1742_Taupe_2.jpg

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I already have a case might get a clear one as well. I plan to get the Band 2 also. I am very ready for these two transactions to take place. I have been trying to stay busy today lol. 5 days. This time next Sunday I should be typing to you from my new Lumia 950 xl. Yeah baby!!!!

Tapiozona

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Longtime Windows phone owner (Titan, Focus S, Titan 2, 900, 1520, 640, etc) but second time poster..

My work gives me the option of having my phone 100% paid for if I switch to their plan. Does AT&T still do contracts or do they make you pay 20-30 a month on top of your bill for the phone? I'm fine with either option because as long as the cost is in my monthly bill, work will pay. My concern is that if I'm buying from the Microsoft store will that option be available or are all their phones sold outright for full retail value?

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I would like to thank this forum. Seriously I've been on the edge so many times since the announcement of these devices and just reading these posts help me deal with the lack of info from Microsoft and the loooooong wait since the launch of the 1520. 5 more days!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes