950XL Waiting Room

zilzil

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda worried. Went to the Microsoft kiosk at my local mall and they said that it was probably delayed till December :/.
Was really hoping to get my 950xl the week before thanksgiving

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Now that my free Asus Zenfone 2 has died I'm all for the 950XL. I'm starting to understand the frustration and the impatience people are having. I switched back to my 1020 in the meantime, but as soon as it's out I'm heading straight to MS.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it is really crappy business the way they are handling this. Very tacky. Updates are very necessary. It's just good business. Not one word, no preorder, no official date from them no FYI from them nothing. Not to the US anyway. Getting to the point of strange.

Last edited:

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it is really crappie business they way they handling this. Very tacky. Updates are very necessary. It's just good business. Not one word, no preorder, no official date from them no FYI from them nothing. Not to the US anyway. Getting to the point of arrange.
Yeah it almost makes me wonder if this is about carrier relationship. I can see them holding the 950 for a later MS store release date, but hopefully this doesn't affect the XL. When will these manufacturers realize the 2007 iPhone/AT&T glory exclusivity days are over? Let's hope for the best gang!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The continuum dock fine print says "between 11/25/15 and 1/31/16", so i'm not sure how that would point to a Nov 20th release date.

Click through the the actual .PDF: http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent...SPLAYDOCK_TERMS_and_CONDITIONS_US_ENGLISH.pdf

It says the 20th. That and it makes no sense that ATT would start on the 20th but MS wouldn't start until the 25th.

"Technically" the Nov 20th date was floated by WindowsCentral (Daniel) and by The Verge (Tom Warren) for the announcement/release of the Lumia 950, not the 950XL as ATT is currently as of today (!!) not slated to carry it....

The website shows 25th as start of offer.
The PDF shows 20th as start of offer

I think, if you "bet" on one of those dates, then perhaps you should be betting on the later of the two, that being 25th and if it comes "early" then you'll be surprised ! :)

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, saw the deal, read the PDF. Question, where is the Lumia Offers App that it mentions? I can't find it in the Mobile store.

Also... If I get the 950XL, which I think I will, unless there is an bundle with the 950 and the Band 2, I'll have to order it. The nearest MS store is 2 hours away, and I won't be able to get away this weekend for the 5 hours round trip.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
GUYS!!!

Lumia 950 goes on sale from AT&T online on Nov. 17, in stores on Nov. 20 | Windows Central

Ok, I know it's not the xl, but it's a step in the right direction.

So, their post here: Microsoft Lumia 950 | AT&T says you can get a Surface 3 for $399. I'm shopping for a new tablet, but can't spring for a Pro or 4... so I'm curious about that deal. However, I don't know if it's the LTE version or not. It's a good deal if it's the non-LTE version, but a great deal if it is the LTE version.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
So, their post here: Microsoft Lumia 950 | AT&T says you can get a Surface 3 for $399. I'm shopping for a new tablet, but can't spring for a Pro or 4... so I'm curious about that deal. However, I don't know if it's the LTE version or not. It's a good deal if it's the non-LTE version, but a great deal if it is the LTE version.
Looks like they only sell one version, the non-LTE: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...face-3.html%23sku%3Dsku7660343&token=a2MDVI3e

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The continuum dock fine print says "between 11/25/15 and 1/31/16", so i'm not sure how that would point to a Nov 20th release date.

Click through the the actual .PDF: http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent...SPLAYDOCK_TERMS_and_CONDITIONS_US_ENGLISH.pdf

It says the 20th. That and it makes no sense that ATT would start on the 20th but MS wouldn't start until the 25th.

curious - they say you need wireless service on both devices...
AND...
if you go to the surface 3 page on ATT - theres an offer for 200 off the 499 price if you buy a device with NEXT.
So that seems like the better offer if you're OK to go with ATT and you want to use NEXT to pay for it.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
jmajid - I was reading the print... the Full Retail listed on AT&T's site is $599, so $200 off that would be $399. That matches up with MS site... $599 for the LTE. So yeah, that might be a good deal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes