950XL Waiting Room

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
jmajid - I was reading the print... the Full Retail listed on AT&T's site is $599, so $200 off that would be $399. That matches up with MS site... $599 for the LTE. So yeah, that might be a good deal...

Looks like they are describing this as Surface 3 - but in fact it seems to be the LTE version as the details shows the connectivity as this.
It is the 64GB version also...

So this begs the question, in the press release do they mean you HAVE to have NEXT as it only says 2 yr agreement... and they do make the distinction between NEXT and 2 yr agreement all over their site.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just placed my US pre-order for the 950 XL! I never got the option to purchase protection though. Hopefully that can be purchased later.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So this begs the question, in the press release do they mean you HAVE to have NEXT as it only says 2 yr agreement... and they do make the distinction between NEXT and 2 yr agreement all over their site.

Not sure, but you know what? I'm gonna be dropping into the local AT&T store this week to get some details. $200 of an LTE Surface 3 with a 950 or a free $99 MS dock with a 950XL. I think I'm going for the 950. I'd love the XL, but if I can get that deal on the Surface... and I'm needing to replace my tablet... boy-oh-boy.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just placed my US pre-order for the 950 XL! I never got the option to purchase protection though. Hopefully that can be purchased later.

Update, according to MSFT sales support, the protection plan must be bought from the carrier you are using the phone with. Not sure how that will work when AT&T isnt carrying the XL.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Update, according to MSFT sales support, the protection plan must be bought from the carrier you are using the phone with. Not sure how that will work when AT&T isnt carrying the XL.

I would assume this would be online. After you get the device, head to a brick and mortar store (if you can). They'd be happy to process MS complete for you.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Sooooo I just talked with someone in the MS store to find out what this means for in store preorders that are to be picked up in the store. Of course he put me on hold for a bit, anyway he said that it would be available for pick up in the store on the 25. :amaze:

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Dang, another 5 days from the 20th..... We need some quality recon on this, who's stopping by a MS store today to confirm or deny 20th in store date? :)

Right who wants to wait until next Wednesday??!! Then the guy tried to tell me the 26th I'm like uh on Thanksgiving he said that's not Thanksgiving... Ummm really!!! Boy I am ready for this adventure to be O-V-E-R! :angry:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Sooooo I just talked with someone in the MS store to find out what this means for in store preorders that are to be picked up in the store. Of course he put me on hold for a bit, anyway he said that it would be available for pick up in the store on the 25. :amaze:
Bleh! That's terrible timing. The day before a holiday when many people (including myself) travel hundreds of miles away from home to be with family. I'll still check with my local kiosk, but it looks like I'll have to cancel my pre-order there and either order online or go to the MS store an hour from my parents house on the 25th. Wonder if I can convince my wife to let me go...

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Bleh! That's terrible timing. The day before a holiday when many people (including myself) travel hundreds of miles away from home to be with family. I'll still check with my local kiosk, but it looks like I'll have to cancel my pre-order there and either order online or go to the MS store an hour from my parents house on the 25th. Wonder if I can convince my wife to let me go...

Right horrible timing. You would think that store orders would be available sooner. More waiting I will just go after work or at lunch time depends on when they say I can pick it up. Glad to have a date but why couldn't it have been Friday. The day before the holiday that leads into the shopping season just seems off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon