950XL Waiting Room

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't afford to buy a phone outright so I'll be looking at the Note 4 or 5 from AT&T.
May I point out that one of the reasons you now have to settle for a phone you don't like as much is that you haven't saved enough to buy the one you want outright. You still pay the same or more but are at the mercy of what a 3rd party will sell you on credit.

One way to prevent history repeating itself, and you continuing to settle for a lesser phone, is to buy a phone NOW that you can afford to buy outright and start putting a little aside so that NEXT time you can have the phone you really want and not have to continue to prostrate yourself before some carrier

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
May I point out that one of the reasons you now have to settle for a phone you don't like as much is that you haven't saved enough to buy the one you want outright. You still pay the same or more but are at the mercy of what a 3rd party will sell you on credit.

One way to prevent history repeating itself, and you continuing to settle for a lesser phone, is to buy a phone NOW that you can afford to buy outright and start putting a little aside so that NEXT time you can have the phone you really want and not have to continue to prostrate yourself before some carrier
This guy knows what's up.

I've been working extra odd jobs and saving for three months and have enough money to buy whatever phone I want. It will be the 950xl. Hopefully Friday, but if not, whenever my preorder comes into the local kiosk.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have it looked at it last night just realized it says pre-order (PRE-ORDER MICROSOFT C BLACK Product Sku 29G-01242). LOL I did mine on 10-10 but I still can't look it up to track it because it is in a different system that's what they told me.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Soooooooo :angry: I just talked to my Microsoft store and Mike at the Kenwood Microsoft Store in Cincinnati told me that the 950 xl doesn't come out until November 26th and that the ATT model comes out on the 20th. He said he knows he double checked. I'm just going to say it that is flat out dumb to release a product ON what is probably the most busy, craziest shopping day of they year. I give up I will just wait and see what happens. I hope he is just dumb wrong! :angry:

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft's "logic" for not sending the email alerting us is probably this:

It said "Email me when available". It is only available for pre-order. So once it's available and in stock we will all get the email. Probably having the phone on the way already or in our hands.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Now I've taken to check my order status frequently. I assume everyone that pre-ordered from the US site yesterday shows "Ships by November 25" as mine does? Order status is "Order in Process".

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Soooooooo :angry: I just talked to my Microsoft store and Mike at the Kenwood Microsoft Store in Cincinnati told me that the 950 xl doesn't come out until November 26th and that the ATT model comes out on the 20th. He said he knows he double checked. I'm just going to say it that is flat out dumb to release a product ON what is probably the most busy, craziest shopping day of they year. I give up I will just wait and see what happens. I hope he is just dumb wrong! :angry:

November 26... as in Thanksgiving day. Microsoft not only makes their employee work on Thanksgiving but also releases a new product?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
HoosierDaddy
Is that your pre-order from yesterday? It's showing shipped??
#%^$, I just remembered I also ordered an accessory for my wife's phone earlier that day!

Will edit the previous post. Now I am depressed (unless it turns out to be the phone rather than the accessory).

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
#%^$, I just remembered I also ordered an accessory for my wife's phone earlier that day!

Will edit the previous post. Now I am depressed (unless it turns out to be the phone rather than the accessory).

Well, you got all our hopes up!! LOL! Check your order status page. It's probably the same as mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6