950XL Waiting Room

mythos13

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying at least one more Windows Phone--my 6th one. I'm not thrilled about the low key design and Microsoft's lack of enthusiasm for Windows Phone but I just pre-ordered the 950 XL. If Android wasn't a cesspool or if Apple knew what to program Window's software I would have jumped ship before this. I'm still hoping for Windows Phone but I'm afraid this may be my last Windows Phone. But I'll be very glad if I get pleasantly surprised about the future of WM over the next year or two. I was going to get the 950 but decided the free Display Port offer for the 950 XL tipped the balance.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Just a quick wtf moment. Was at a local mall to look at the new gigantic iPad Pro (since I returned my pos fauly second surface pro 4 today, UGH)

Stopped by the microsoft store just in case they received the 950xl. A very well informed associate quickly proceeded to tell me that there is no official release date from MS.

Who the hell hires these people?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanksgiving...Fantastic, since Massachusetts doesn't allow stores to be open on thanksgiving. Microsoft needs a retail lesson or two from Apple.

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have waited for Microsoft's "Flagship" for way over a year. When my contract was up from the old Lumia 900 the 1520 was months old. Rumors suggested a Lumia 1525 was soon to be released and I waited. I'm still waiting.
I watched the entire October 6th event. I had decided to buy either the Lumia 950 or the Lumia 950 XL outright at the Microsoft brick and mortar store the day they were out. I wanted to hold them and decide which I liked.
My old 900 isn't charging and I need to buy one of these phones soon. Today I see that Microsoft has "sold out" of the 950XL and won't have them again until December 11th.
I really wanted to keep supporting Microsoft but really? There is never a shortage of iphones on all carriers. How can Microsoft gain marketshare if they can't have more than enough phones available in their own stores for people who want to buy them? Do they think this "out of stock" game makes them look popular?
I swear I'm starting to believe they intentionally discourage people from buying their phones.
I won't wait until December 11th for a Windows phone. If I can't easily buy one in person by November 30th I'm done with Microsoft.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have waited for Microsoft's "Flagship" for way over a year. When my contract was up from the old Lumia 900 the 1520 was months old. Rumors suggested a Lumia 1525 was soon to be released and I waited. I'm still waiting.
I watched the entire October 6th event. I had decided to buy either the Lumia 950 or the Lumia 950 XL outright at the Microsoft brick and mortar store the day they were out. I wanted to hold them and decide which I liked.
My old 900 isn't charging and I need to buy one of these phones soon. Today I see that Microsoft has "sold out" of the 950XL and won't have them again until December 11th.
I really wanted to keep supporting Microsoft but really? There is never a shortage of iphones on all carriers. How can Microsoft gain marketshare if they can't have more than enough phones available in their own stores for people who want to buy them?
But are you at least happy for all who got their orders in?

namflow

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick wtf moment. Was at a local mall to look at the new gigantic iPad Pro (since I returned my pos fauly second surface pro 4 today, UGH)

Stopped by the microsoft store just in case they received the 950xl. A very well informed associate quickly proceeded to tell me that there is no official release date from MS.

Who the hell hires these people?

Truly they didn't receive word about the 950XL yet. They did well not to promise you a date as they only have confirmation for the 950. Please don't ask questions that you feel you know the answer to only to put down people when they don't say what you want them to.

AWD4416

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I really wanted to keep supporting Microsoft but really? There is never a shortage of iphones on all carriers. How can Microsoft gain marketshare if they can't have more than enough phones available in their own stores for people who want to buy them? Do they think this "out of stock" game makes them look popular?
I swear I'm starting to believe they intentionally discourage people from buying their phones.
I won't wait until December 11th for a Windows phone. If I can't easily buy one in person by November 30th I'm done with Microsoft.

Dude you sound mad after making a bunch of personal decision.

1. Waiting on a rumor phone.
2. Not looking at the specs and referencing phone on the market of similar size. I actually cut up some cardboard to size and compared it to a Nexus.
3. If your phone is as bad as you say, you should have done your homework (see point 2) and made sure to check up dates on release day. I actually check the MS store that morning and by coincidence during a break in the day.

I got rid of my ATIV S Neo. Moved carries and I'm being patient (not really) using an iPhone 4s, you know the one with a tiny screen, while I wait for my 950XL.

Wish you luck on finding what your looking for.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You mean like making the rest of the country wait another day so MA people won't have hurt feelings?

Like give people an actual date. They are not releasing toilet paper. Give us a date so we don't sit around on a forum, debating for 10 pages on when they might release the device.

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Is it fraud to call this an "unlocked" or "universal" phone if it isn't CDMA certified so that it is truly unlocked or able to be used universally? Words mean things.

707wpfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it fraud to call this an "unlocked" or "universal" phone if it isn't CDMA certified so that it is truly unlocked or able to be used universally? Words mean things.

Fraud? Lmfao. What, are you going to sue? Who? Cdma carriers for not allowing phone on their network even if it had the bands? Microsoft? Bill Gates foundation? Your parents for lying about Santa, the tooth fairy and Easter bunny? #WordsMeanThings2016 #FreeStuff

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Simply asking a question. I know nobody will sue for this stuff, just like nobody is going to sue Aerosmith for including other musicians on their CD's when Aerosmith only consists of 5 people. They don't put on the cover that it's actually a CD by "Aerosmith and Friends", but maybe in today's legalistic world they should. It's a shame that people change the meaning of words to suit their purposes when those who know what words mean could be deceived. Deception is a major part of marketing, tho.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
"Unlocked" means it is not locked to a single carrier. I haven't seen these phones marketed as "universal", but even if they were, the term means it can be used in any situation where it should be able to be used. Since these phones are GSM, not CDMA, the "universal" would apply to any GSM carrier.

If you're taking it literally, then I suppose you believe these should be able to be used flawlessly on the moon, or a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri, since it exists in our universe. Is that the case?

I agree that marketing can sometimes be deceptive, but context can change a word's meaning.

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I am not taking any of the words literally myself as I know that sales and marketing people tend to mislead with words in order to make their product look attractive. With all the deception Microsoft has (past tense) used in making the 950 & 950XL seem to work on all carriers, it's been no surprise over the last few months seeing those who use Verizon and Spring express outrage at Microsoft for dropping the ball on the availability of these phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos