950XL Waiting Room

White Raven7

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
THE APP problem fixed? Developers Support Windows mobile?
NO. This is the problem MICROSOFT.
My expectation is the Lumia 950 be fast, smooth, easy to use, and all the basics (email, Web, notifications, Tasks, phone call quality) be mastered. Everything else is complimentary. But isn't there like over 600 000 apps already on Windows Store? That's what Wiki says. And Windows 10 Universal apps haven't even started yet, that's one of the big draws.

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Got to say i have been a stout Android user since its inception with moments into IOS in the vein hope that they change. Android is so fragmented with so many alternative versions I am personally at the point that i just want the device to work. I played with a cheapo 8.1 phone last year and ran with an Icon for a week and loved it. but at the time I was not with a carrier that would let me use it to its full potential in my area (t-mobile).

I'm pumped for windows 10 mobile. and the new phone. I'm running an iPhone 6 at the moment which i bought to use on vacation in Europe and ended up ditching my note 4 due to bugs and crappy performance. decent size. removable battery and expandable memory and an apparent awesome camera to boot. Ticks all the boxes for me.

White Raven7

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

THE APP problem fixed? Developers Support Windows mobile?
NO. This is the problem MICROSOFT.
My expectation is the Lumia 950 be fast, smooth, easy to use, and all the basics (email, Web, notifications, Tasks, phone call quality) be mastered. Everything else is complimentary. But isn't there like over 600 000 apps already on Windows Store? That's what Wiki says. And Windows 10 Universal apps haven't even started yet, that's one of the big draws.

White Raven7

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Expat: Yup I agree. The removable battery, SD slot and "anti-out of focus" camera that is apparantly great in low light were also big selling points for me also. I mean what's up with all these big 400, 500, 600$ phones that have fixed batteries -- it makes phones into disposable phones. It's weird sometimes how such simple things are overlooked by billion dollar companies.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I am NOT happy about this....
I am! That means pre-sales are going very well!

Honestly, if you haven't pre-ordered by now either in a store or online, (unless you live hundreds of miles away from the nearest store) it's your own fault. Stores have been taking pre-orders since October 6 for $0 down. If you were that interested in this device you would have done what me and many others did and gone to the store and staked your claim.

I feel sorry for you, but I don't think it's MS's fault that you didn't make up your mind to pre-order until they were already out of the first wave. Don't fret, though. They'll make more, and when they do you'll be able to purchase one.

ncbenr

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I get the same thing...emal me when available.
I've been on the fence about getting the 950XL, but if I can't even buy one for the foreseeable future, I may not have to decide.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Where do you see that when I go to the site it has the original price.

That's the Student discounted price..
I'm also happy to see presales went off so well, I am sure the phone manufacturer has already ramped up production and we'll all have our 950XL in the very near future..
Being in the first wave I hope the ship before Nov 25th means they're shipping our phones out today lol...

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Why does being out of stock effect pre ordering? I should be able to secure a place in line and be notified when the stock is available to ship.

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you pre-order at a store or online? When did you preorder?
That kind of looks like a pre-authorization. The charge has not really been taken out. It's just "on hold" for 10 days. I say that because the date is Nov 16. This is normal for a credit card company. I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I noticed it on the MS web site before I had to dash out on a call. but has since disappeared. and NO this was NOT the educational discount. but was 10% off before I applied my

I pre ordered the XL online on the MS site before they sold out. and my pre order is still $649.

bear in mind that MS are discounting the 950's across europe and elsewhere. yet the US appears to be not.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am! That means pre-sales are going very well!

Honestly, if you haven't pre-ordered by now either in a store or online, (unless you live hundreds of miles away from the nearest store) it's your own fault. Stores have been taking pre-orders since October 6 for $0 down. If you were that interested in this device you would have done what me and many others did and gone to the store and staked your claim.

I feel sorry for you, but I don't think it's MS's fault that you didn't make up your mind to pre-order until they were already out of the first wave. Don't fret, though. They'll make more, and when they do you'll be able to purchase one.

My issue is that they simply don't seem to have their ducks in a row here. Especially when it comes to the USA, why is it so hard to just announce widely that the phone will be available on X date in stores? We shouldn't have to play detective to figure this stuff out, they should be bombarding us with this information early and often.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
My issue is that they simply don't seem to have their ducks in a row here. Especially when it comes to the USA, why is it so hard to just announce widely that the phone will be available on X date in stores? We shouldn't have to play detective to figure this stuff out, they should be bombarding us with this information early and often.
Not if they are only making a limited number of devices. It seems like they've made more 950s than 950 xls.

aaronhong13

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
According to the Portland Pioneer store they are supposed to receive the 950XL in store today to sell tomorrow.

Edit: They were mistaken. They are getting the 950 today and selling tomorrow. The 950XL will be the 26/27 (depending on if the store is open on Thanksgiving)

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Called Microsoft Support twice. Both reps were absolutely sure that it's being released tomorrow. When I called, one rep asked if I was calling about 950XL, then she said it's going out tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo