950XL Waiting Room

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think that the problem for many people and preorders is that they were doing the preorders in the store but who knew I only got mine in because I was at the store for something else and was looking at the phone and the offered the opportunity to preorder. Then the preorders stopped when they took the demos out of the store and didn't start again until the online preorders started up again. Nothing that has taken place was announced by Microsoft except online preorders wait they didn't announce that it just happened. Communication is the missing piece of this puzzle.

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I was just assured by the store in Troy MI that XL would be in tomorrow on the 20th,
I asked if she meant 950s, she said she meant XLs.
Not getting my hopes up but would be nice

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we should flood their support line with same question about 950XL release. Maybe then someone from the higher up will finally answer our riddles.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Well I was just assured by the store in Troy MI that XL would be in tomorrow on the 20th,
I asked if she meant 950s, she said she meant XLs.
Not getting my hopes up but would be nice
Heading to my local store now. I'll report back. If they're going on sale tomorrow, I would think they'd have them in hand today.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Well, the manager was there again today and told me he could see his POs (purchase orders) and was still expecting the devices to be there on the 26th. He showed me that they had already received the shipment of AT&T 950s, and even opened one to let me see it.

He said they also just got a memo that states the Display Dock offer is the same in brick and mortar stores as it is online. You will get a code when you purchase your phone. The "Lumia Offers" app is preloaded on the phone, and you can put the code in there or online. It's worth noting that he thought they would be handing out display docks, but after he read the memo fully (they had just gotten it earlier today, it seems), it said specifically that retailers should not give out display docks to pre-order customers.

He also revealed that only 5 people preordered the xl, and they were only getting enough units to fulfill the preorders. He said it could have something to do with the culture here not wanting to preorder. They also only received 5 AT&T 950s.

Anyway, that's pretty much all the info I got. It was enough for me, at least. I'll still be back tomorrow, just in case. ;)

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well my local store said the estimated release is 25th. I called support again, and they now say 25th estimated. This is absurd. Multi billion dollar company can't give us a release date?

$10 says that if I call now again, they will tell me it's 26th. Argh.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that they simply don't seem to have their ducks in a row here.
The trouble with ducks is they can always scatter. Musicman gave good advice: don't count on ducks when you don't have to. Also think less about why ANYTHING is someone else's fault. You have a lot more control over the things you could do differently.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I decided to quit torturing myself. It's clear that the time the stores get these will vary based on shipping and logistics. Saying the 26th buys some stores enough time in case they don't get them on the 20th. Either way, 6 more days guys (and geekladymjay)!

Joshua Miller5

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
How do you guys who have pre-ordered feel about not getting the display dock? The terms say 'purchases from Nov 25'. SO I imagine anything bought prior to that will not qualify for the dock. :( I actually cancelled my order yesterday because of that. Took 2 chat sessions both of which refused to cancel, and finally a phone call. The call took 2 seconds to cancel so the people on chat.... yeah anyhow, not too impressed. Has me considering other phone options.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow and if I hear from people they have been getting phones in stock then I will head down to the MS store and see what is up otherwise I'll just keep waiting for a call or some confirmation here that people are getting the phone.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I decided to quit torturing myself. It's clear that the time the stores get these will vary based on shipping and logistics. Saying the 26th buys some stores enough time in case they don't get them on the 20th. Either way, 6 more days guys (and geekladymjay)!

I have come to the same conclusion several times tuxedo!!! Lol thank you for the words of comfort. It really isn't that long.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys who have pre-ordered feel about not getting the display dock? The terms say 'purchases from Nov 25'. SO I imagine anything bought prior to that will not qualify for the dock. :( I actually cancelled my order yesterday because of that. Took 2 chat sessions both of which refused to cancel, and finally a phone call. The call took 2 seconds to cancel so the people on chat.... yeah anyhow, not too impressed. Has me considering other phone options.

That date is there because no 950XL's will be in hand before that date. The offer is good "until supplies last" by redeeming through an app that is pre-installed on the phone. Pre-orders DO qualify for the free dock.

aaronhong13

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

Since they weren't shipping until after the 25th, I'm sure you would have been able to claim it. Also they don't actually charge you until they ship. What they do is put a hold on your phone.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Wether I get the dock for free or not doesn't make a difference to me. I have no real practical use for it "currently" other than to say I have a nice toy accessory that does something your phone doesn't. I can pay the $100 later and not have any feelings about it.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Should have read the US Terms & Conditions "Valid on November 20, 2015 until January 31, 2016 only, while supplies last, for residents of the United States."
we didn't "purchase" it yet, we pre ordered, purchase will happen when they ship it and our accounts are actually charged.. Seeing they won't be shipping until tomorrow (Nov 20th) the earliest we are eligible..
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

So you canceled your pre-order because you didn't understand the terms and condition of the free dock? I'd say you weren't really that interested in this phone to begin with.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the free dock. If you remember any similar promos with Lumia 900, 920, etc... you'd know that it doesn't matter if you pre-ordered or bought them online or purchased in store or puchased on Amazon somewhere. You can just redeem it online once you buy the phone. You go into the app or website, put in your IMEI and purchase date and they send you your dock. It has nothing to do with pre-orders before 25th or any of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss