950XL Waiting Room

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The trouble with ducks is they can always scatter. Musicman gave good advice: don't count on ducks when you don't have to. Also think less about why ANYTHING is someone else's fault. You have a lot more control over the things you could do differently.

In the grand scheme of things, I really don't care all that much about this issue. I want the phone, but my current 1520 works fine. I might even end up holding off until mid to late January when I will visit family in a place that does not have sales tax.

The larger point that I'm making is that MSFT is in a competitive marketplace. I can look at any other major competitor of theirs and it is crystal clear what hotly-anticipated products will be where and when.

I thought after the band 1 they had learned their lesson, and my Band 2 experience was pretty smooth. I knew the day it was coming out ever since it was announced, at the same event where the 950 and XL were announced.

It's a little beyond me why a company this big can't just get this done. The differing answers in this thread about when phones are coming into stores are a troubling sign of their inability to just communicate something so simple, which geekladyemjay pointed out.

Please interpret this as bewildered shoulder shrugging and light head-shaking as opposed to any kind of anger over this. One need only look at the news to understand how many other bigger things there are to have emotion over.

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Anyone who pre-ordered from the microsoft store online have a status other than "Order in process"? I ordered pretty much as soon as it went live and no movement yet. I was hoping it'd ship today.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine still says "order in process" and I too was hoping for an early shipment. I even went so far as to call MSFT Customer Service and asked them if they could tell me when my phone would actually ship. She said it would go out on the 25th. I also tried to change my delivery option (mistakenly took the free shipping) and was informed that once the order is "in process" it cannot be changed.

Anyone who pre-ordered from the microsoft store online have a status other than "Order in process"? I ordered pretty much as soon as it went live and no movement yet. I was hoping it'd ship today.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Order date: 11/16/2015
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (Black)
Price: $649.00 Qty: 1 Status: In process
Ships by November 25
Black
Ship it

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I asked all 3 people, 2 through chat, one through phone. They said it does not qualify. /shrug.
The store manager brought his laptop over and was reading directly from the memo that had been sent out to stores. The display dock offer is being extended to pre-orders done at brick and mortar stores.

...assuming that's what you were talking about. >_>

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The store manager brought his laptop over and was reading directly from the memo that had been sent out to stores. The display dock offer is being extended to pre-orders done at brick and mortar stores.

...assuming that's what you were talking about. >_>

He's referring to his statement that our pre orders do not qualify for the free dock, I also talked to MS Customer Support Monday when I ordered it asking why the dock wasn't automatically listed on the invoice and she said it was definitely included in my pre order and I will redeem my offer when I receive my phone and using my new 950XL phone I would go to the Nokia Offers and my phone's IMEI will be the validation to send me the dock.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So I am in the Microsoft store right now. My buddy here told me the phone was coming out tomorrow even asked someone else. He then asked someone to go to the back to see if they had any in. I felt like I was on a game show and I won. Lol When she came back she said the phones won't be out till next week. Their ICE department said so. He said they would call me. So I got my Band 2 and a 640 just because. I will go ahead and port my number so o can just swap sims when I get the 950 xl Lol. He told me to return the 640 when my phone comes in I'm not sure if I will or not. It is pretty nice. Would be good for a spare.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I am in the Microsoft store right now. My buddy here told me the phone was coming out tomorrow even asked someone else. He then asked someone to go to the back to see if they had any in. I felt like I was on a game show and I won. Lol When she came back she said the phones won't be out till next week. Their ICE department said so. He said they would call me. So I got my Band 2 and a 640 just because. I will go ahead and port my number so o can just swap sims when I get the 950 xl Lol. He told me to return the 640 when my phone comes in I'm not sure if I will or not. It is pretty nice. Would be good for a spare.

keep in mind the 640 has a different sim size. make sure you get a sim converter. I have a 1520 that died. Got a 640 as a spare till my compelte repalcement 950 xl comes in. had to buy a sim converter since the 640 uses a bigger standard.

AntnyGoomba

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just got an email from my local brick and mortar store, I even called to verify...

Hello Anthony!

Thank you for pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL Black! We?re writing to update you with our most current news:

? Tomorrow (11/20/15), we will begin selling the AT&T Microsoft Lumia 950 (in black or white). We have limited quantities, however, if you?re interested in one of those, please contact us as soon as possible and we will change your current pre-order to that device. You will then have 48 hours to come in and purchase the device from our store starting tomorrow.

? The Unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950 ($549) and 950XL ($649) will be available in the stores on November 26[SUP]th[/SUP]. As that is Thanksgiving, we will be open from 6:00 pm to 12:00 am. Stock will be limited, however, we expect to receive units to at least fulfill our pre-orders.

? In addition, we will also have a limited amount of the Microsoft Display Dock ($99) for purchase. This dock will enable you to use your new Lumia like PC for a big screen experience. (I asked about this, he said there will be an app on the phone where we request the dock from)

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email from my local brick and mortar store, I even called to verify...

Hello Anthony!

Thank you for pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL Black! We?re writing to update you with our most current news:

? Tomorrow (11/20/15), we will begin selling the AT&T Microsoft Lumia 950 (in black or white). We have limited quantities, however, if you?re interested in one of those, please contact us as soon as possible and we will change your current pre-order to that device. You will then have 48 hours to come in and purchase the device from our store starting tomorrow.

? The Unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950 ($549) and 950XL ($649) will be available in the stores on November 26[SUP]th[/SUP]. As that is Thanksgiving, we will be open from 6:00 pm to 12:00 am. Stock will be limited, however, we expect to receive units to at least fulfill our pre-orders.

? In addition, we will also have a limited amount of the Microsoft Display Dock ($99) for purchase. This dock will enable you to use your new Lumia like PC for a big screen experience. (I asked about this, he said there will be an app on the phone where we request the dock from)

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

And that there pretty much says the 950XL will be in those stores in the US no later than sometime on Wednesday, November 25, since, as a holiday, none of the major delivery services will be delivering on November 26.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
still waiting to complete my order - was waiting to see the white so that i could be sure thats what i wanted- missed out on the december shipment and now my cart shows coming soon... :|
so in the hopes of seeing a 950 i stopped by an ATT store last night - nothing - tried another tonight - and they had a white one setup, must admit very nice phone and white is def the color i want now...
short story - fast light and well put together phone and nice to see the glance on there - and so glad i didnt buy the ATT version of the 950 - all you see when you flip to the apps list is half a screen of ATT apps !!
anyways - now i wait... having bought a case and a memory card already waiting for it.

annthonny

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue with the whole release/preorder of the 950 has to be inconsistency. I preorder mine on line thinking it will be sent by November 25, but now isn't till December 11. The MS store will have by at least November 25, ATT is already shipping them, but I have to wait till December? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue with the whole release/preorder of the 950 has to be inconsistency. I preorder mine on line thinking it will be sent by November 25, but now isn't till December 11. The MS store will have by at least November 25, ATT is already shipping them, but I have to wait till December? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!
It's really has been truly amazing.

Someone should make a game app that exactly mimics the real purchase process. I am not aware of any existing games that are as challenging.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hello Anthony!

Thank you for pre-ordering a Lumia 950 XL Black! We’re writing to update you with our most current news:

? Tomorrow (11/20/15), we will begin selling the AT&T Microsoft Lumia 950 (in black or white). We have limited quantities, however, if you’re interested in one of those, please contact us as soon as possible and we will change your current pre-order to that device. You will then have 48 hours to come in and purchase the device from our store starting tomorrow.

Where are you located?

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ugh the answering service for the stores suck. They are swamped and are litterally hanging up on people. as wsoon as you say 950xl they hang up on you.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
keep in mind the 640 has a different sim size. make sure you get a sim converter. I have a 1520 that died. Got a 640 as a spare till my compelte repalcement 950 xl comes in. had to buy a sim converter since the 640 uses a bigger standard.

They gave me a sim converter kit for free but att told me to just come in and get a new one when I get the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon