950XL Waiting Room

hzelaya

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I just checked one of my local stores in Northern VA and they said the XL is definitely coming out on Thanksgiving (26th). I placed two preorders. 950 is coming out tomorrow. Got some hands on time with it. It's footprint is almost the size of my 6 Plus. I'm pumped.

snowballzero

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm hopeful it will be like with the Band2, my order said ships by Oct 30th, and it actually showed up at my house on Oct 30th.

Choose Next day shipping as well to hopefully get it before Holiday.

Good luck to us all

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I am working 12-hour shifts Wednesday through Sunday. If the staff at the Microsoft store won't hold my pre-order until Monday I will just have to order online when available.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I am working 12-hour shifts Wednesday through Sunday. If the staff at the Microsoft store won't hold my pre-order until Monday I will just have to order online when available.
If possible, reach out to your store, go in person and talk to the store manager. Mine was nice enough to say he'd hold my pre-order until the 30th since I would be out of town. Make sure it's the manager, though. The normal sales reps don't have that kind of authority, I'd wager. I got his business card which confirmed he was the manager. Emailed him to double-check and got a reply in the affirmative.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So, it seems that AT&T has an exclusive deal that lasts one week.

Which is probably about six days more than they will spend promoting it, before going back to pushing iPhones and galaxies.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So, it seems that AT&T has an exclusive deal that lasts one week.

Which is probably about six days more than they will spend promoting it, before going back to pushing iPhones and galaxies.

I was in at&t tonight and you can't even tell it is coming they act like they don't know. They are too busy trying to sell direct TV.

JdeFalconr

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth I called to the Microsoft store phone center who confirmed the in-store date as the 26th. They even called to my local store (Bellevue, WA) who also confirmed the availability date. They confirmed that the preorder has to be picked up within two days(!). I made sure to express my strong dissatisfaction with that arrangement as they are basically forcing me to come in either on Thanksgiving or on Black Friday to get my phone or lose the preorder. Those are basically the two worst days to have to come to the mall. That's not to mention I have no desire whatsoever to support any company making its employees work on Thanksgiving.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I was in at&t tonight and you can't even tell it is coming they act like they don't know. They are too busy trying to sell direct TV.

I stopped in to my local AT&T store last night also and 4 of the 6 sales people had the main display all disassembled and boxes of stuff to reassemble a whole new display, so I looked around the rest of the store and there were no Windows phone on display any where so silly me I thought it had to be for today's 950 release, when I started snooping around the boxes it turned out to be all for the LG V10... And MS is holding off releasing the XL for AT&T's release of the 950??

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in to my local AT&T store last night also and 4 of the 6 sales people had the main display all disassembled and boxes of stuff to reassemble a whole new display, so I looked around the rest of the store and there were no Windows phone on display any where so silly me I thought it had to be for today's 950 release, when I started snooping around the boxes it turned out to be all for the LG V10... And MS is holding off releasing the XL for AT&T's release of the 950??

first store i went to didnt even know or want to know - they did have the 640XL on display. When asked , i was told they werent big enough a store - but yet they have a 640XL?
second store i went to, nobody asked me what i wanted or why i was there, the 5 of them were playing with the samsung 18" tablet... but on the same table - that was presumably new, they did have a windows 10 display, which had a surface 3 (i think), the display dock and the 950 on display, but no pricing for the 950 - it was fully setup , ready to go - i played with it for a while, then left, without anyone still asking what i wanted...

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I called to the Microsoft store phone center who confirmed the in-store date as the 26th. They even called to my local store (Bellevue, WA) who also confirmed the availability date. They confirmed that the preorder has to be picked up within two days(!). I made sure to express my strong dissatisfaction with that arrangement as they are basically forcing me to come in either on Thanksgiving or on Black Friday to get my phone or lose the preorder. Those are basically the two worst days to have to come to the mall. That's not to mention I have no desire whatsoever to support any company making its employees work on Thanksgiving.

More people would rather work on Thanksgiving than sit at home. Plus they get bigger pay for working Thanksgiving.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

I think it's a given employees will always claim ignorance of upcoming tech. While every single consumer who is interested and eagerly awaiting devices that are being released soon, the people who actually work at the point of purchase are instructed to deflect and promote items that are in the store right now. I've had salespeople look me in the eye days before a major product release and tell me they don't know anything about it.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Keep in mind not all microsoft stores are open on thanksgiving. The one by me on long island is not and opens up at 7am on black friday. so either I will have friday and saturday to pick mine up or I will be able to pick it up on wednesday the 25th.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I asked all 3 people, 2 through chat, one through phone. They said it does not qualify. /shrug.

Well there's your case!!!
Call them up and tell them you talked to a sales rep and chatted with 2 online reps all of which gave you bad info causing you to pull your order, your original order number is still there, they don't recycle it for another sale, push the issue to reactivate THAT order to qualify, lord knows they're giving free docks globally for pre-sales so they can spare one for you due to they're misinformation!!! Your chats are recorded, did you use the email chat to yourself option before closing out ths chat?? Even so, they have it on record..

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
accessory alert :)
(Repeating this here also for the potential / future 950XL owners...)

So it looks like Microsoft has a bundle available for 69.99 that includes a DC-32 portable battery charger, Incipio glass screen protector and your choice of case (also Incipio)

You would think that the power option would be a Qi charging plate instead of the two plug charger. Just saying.

this is for EITHER 950 or 950XL - your choice

Buy Lumia 950 and 950 XL Essentials Bundle Review - Microsoft Store

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody gotten a shipping notification yet, or a real charge (not authorization) on credit card?

I'm getting tired of checking my MS Store order history every hour.

metalb00

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
i know the product is different but when i ordered halo 5 from the online ms store i got it the release day w standard shipping, it shipped(i got the shipping notifacation) sunday night and had in 2 pm release day. hoping my phone follows along those lines being it is the same store

Last edited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
i know the product is different but when i ordered halo 5 from the online ms store i got it the release day w standard shipping, it shipped(i got the shipping notifacation) sunday night and had in 2 pm release day. hoping my phone follows along those lines being it is the same store
If this happens, I might be a bit bummed, since I could have gotten it shipped to my parent's house. Oh well. Support local stores and such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077