Product sku: 29G-01244
Price: $0.00 1 $0.00

Pre-order Microsoft Lumia 950 XL White
Product sku: 29G-01243
Price: $0.00 1 $0.00
Summary of Charges

Order subtotal: $0.00
Order total: $0.00

I wanted the White 950... but they said at that point I could only get it in black.

I'll be switching from Verizon.

I'm also going to be getting a 3rd party back panel, so it doesn't matter what color they come in.

Ordered both so I can decide which one I want after playing around with the phones.... since the kiosk didn't have them to preview before this point.
Did you get the dual sim? That's the same SKU they gave me for the dual sim...

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
well - the microsoft store online, is again playing with my emotions!! :)
let me add the white 950XL to the cart; did my discover card deal thing - had the place order button my screen, pressed it, did the little whirring thing on screen and came back saying that same message earlier this week that one of the items was not available :(
dang it :)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i dunno the Mclaren isnt bad - not that far from the 1020... i didnt have that , but have the N8 and the 808 pureview, so i dont mind larger phones or camera humps...
horses for courses tho...

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Picked mine up today and was pleasantly surprised to have a great experience at ATT. No one tried to talk me out of it or anything. The lady said, Oh, you a Windows guy? I said "I guess" and that was it. She said she is mainly an iPhone user, but she was hoping ATT would let her get a 950 as her "work phone". She bought a Surface 3 and really likes it better than her iPad and wants to try the phone too.

There was another customer in the store looking at one and the employee helping her was actually saying positive things about the 950. She ended up getting the 950. That was two of us buying one within an hour of the store opening. The lady helping me said they received 5 Lumia 950s and was surprised because they usually only get 2 at a time of any Windows Phone model.

CAMX67

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello All...possible good news. I just got off a call a bit ago with a very nice employee in Microsoft's processing dept. I told her that I ordered the 950 XL via the online store with express shipping and an 11/25 ship by date. I inquired as to whether or not I might receive the phone earlier than the 25th. She left me on hold for a while. When she returned the conversation went like this:

Rep: I spoke with a few different people and there is a possibility that you could receive the phone before the 25th...but it's a surprise.

Me: so you're saying that it IS possible and it would be a surprise but you CAN'T tell me it's a surprise. *wink*

Rep: (with a laugh) Yes that's right. Something Microsoft might do for folks that preordered.

Soooo...let's all keep our fingers crossed. :)

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I'm hoping for it today, but honestly don't expect to see it until Monday.

I'm honestly expecting for it to be shipped on Wednesday, then will receive it on Friday or Saturday. Would be awesome to have it shipped sooner.

Rep: (with a laugh) Yes that's right. Something Microsoft might do for folks that preordered.

Soooo...let's all keep our fingers crossed. :)

Well, after seeing that, I too would definitely hope for an early ship date!

Last edited:

dullerm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

That would be a nice surprise. It would also be nice if Microsoft has a surprise for the folks who preordered 6 weeks ago in the brick and mortar stores and who are now made to pick up the phones on Black Friday (or Thanksgiving if the store is open) or hope that they will hold their reservation longer than 48 hours until they return from their Thanksgiving weekend.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
That would be a nice surprise. It would also be nice if Microsoft has a surprise for the folks who preordered 6 weeks ago in the brick and mortar stores and who are now made to pick up the phones on Black Friday (or Thanksgiving if the store is open) or hope that they will hold their reservation longer than 48 hours until they return from their Thanksgiving weekend.
This. This so much. I don't leave until Monday, MS! Make it happen!

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
went to the MSFT store today and the lady said, i'd have to come back thanx giving day at 1800 (open) to pick up my unlocked 950XL that i ordered a few weeks ago. she also said, not to worry, mine won't be sold to any1 and dock is included unless they run out...

litster

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am not allowed to post link yet, and my other post in the dual SIM thread is still waiting for mod's approval, so I will post here.

If you go to the 950XL page on microsoftstore.com, scroll down to the "Connectivity" section you will see that the spec has been changed to "Dual Nano SIM".

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
went to the MSFT store today and the lady said, i'd have to come back thanx giving day at 1800 (open) to pick up my unlocked 950XL that i ordered a few weeks ago. she also said, not to worry, mine won't be sold to any1 and dock is included unless they run out...

That's great! Don't mention the actual promotion details, because they're not supposed to give you the dock right then.

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I am not allowed to post link yet, and my other post in the dual SIM thread is still waiting for mod's approval, so I will post here.

If you go to the 950XL page on microsoftstore.com, scroll down to the "Connectivity" section you will see that the spec has been changed to "Dual Nano SIM".

Interesting. Since this change (likely) was done after the initial pre-orders were done, I wonder if the dual nano SIM will only be for people who buy the 950 XL when it comes back in stock.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

That is great - verified it does say dual nano sim on the 950XL tech specs except....

ATT version of the 950, which has been verified to be the RM-1105 model and is single sim, also shows dual nano sim...
and the unlocked 950 shows single sim...

so i wouldnt put too much credence into the dual vs nano sim for the US market just yet - lets wait until someone actually verifies it with first hand knowledge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo