950XL Waiting Room

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wait... will a metal 3rd party METAL backplate muck up qi charging?
Yeah. But they may be able to make something that looks like metal that won't.

And whatever the backplate is, it has to flexible enough for removal and replacement. The 950 backs come off by bending them.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Wait... will a metal 3rd party METAL backplate muck up qi charging?
On this phone, for now, yes. But Qualcom announced earlier this year that they figured out how to get wireless charging to work with a metal back. I would expect it to be commercial next year. The good thing is that we may be able to just change our back plate to get the functionality.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Will the Microsoft store carry the 950xl MOZO backs? I don't really want to order from their website. The wait 3-4 weeks is just a big NO for me. I'm eyeing the black leather with metal trim cover, although the red leather with gold trim seems really bossy to me. I really hope the Microsoft carries them

batab

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if mediaworld is doing the same in your own countries but here in italy mediaworld is offering 100? discount if you spend 500-999? and 250? if you spend 1000+?. The discount is done instantly when you put your order in the cart you will only pay the discounted amount.

Thanks to this offer, as i had to buy few other things i managed to pay 950 XL less than 540? including shipping. As it was pretty interesting i wanted to share the info.

PS: this promotion is available till November 23th here in Italy.

PPS: i don't know if the italian Mediaworld would ship internationally.

PPPS: both colors for both 950 and 950XL are present but only single-SIM variants.

PorscheRacer14

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I can pre-order from the US store but still says email when available in the Canadian store, online. I'm tempted to buy from the US store, but the warranty only applies to US residents. I had a 1020 that needed a warranty repair and it's still sitting here broken. Bought from the Canadian store, but was a US phone so US warranty applies. Oh well, just trying to get a 950XL in black that's a Canadian market phone with Canadian warranty. If I get a free dock, bonus, not even worried if I don't get a free one. Just want to retire my Lumia 920 and use it for testing from here on out.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I actually pre-ordered the white XL because that was the only one I could pre-order in the Canadian store, it says it should be shipped by November 25th. Apparently they're adding a few more pre-orders next week so keep checking the store often :) and let's be honest. Would you pay 650$ USD = 867$ CND for a phone that has no warranty if it breaks?

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Truly they didn't receive word about the 950XL yet. They did well not to promise you a date as they only have confirmation for the 950. Please don't ask questions that you feel you know the answer to only to put down people when they don't say what you want them to.

I didn't put anyone down. If I ask something to confirm and I am either lied to or someone is making things up due to general lack of knowledge I thank them and then come here and botch about it. Please do not defend incompetence.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
They should just put that oitdoesn't support qi charging. And those that don't use it ddon'thave to worry. I don't care about wwirelesscharging.

Good thing I don't care that you don't care about wireless charging.

I personally like my Icon's wireless charging ability.

I just want a metal back and wireless charging to work.

#firstworldproblems

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Good thing I don't care that you don't care about wireless charging.

I personally like my Icon's wireless charging ability.

I just want a metal back and wireless charging to work.

#firstworldproblems
Okay. But what is wrong with someone calling for metal backs that DON'T have wireless charging? Clearly that is a much easier and cheaper thing to do. Are you saying if you can't have wireless charging the combined masses who don't care about wireless charging, shouldn't have a metal back?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster