950XL Waiting Room

litster

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have ordered at the B&M Microsoft Store as well as online. Whichever one is available first, that's the one I will buy. I will return the late one.

CAMX67

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
As I reported in one of my posts the rep in the Microsoft processing department stated that those of us that preorded online might be receiving a "surprise" of receiving the phones before the 25th. Other reps I spoke to over the past week also stated that since I ordered express shipping shipping I would receive my phone ON THE 25th. At this point then, unless we receive shipping notices today for tomorrow, I can only assume that we may receive notices tomorrow for receipt on Tuesday (if express shipping); or notices on Tuesday to receive the phone Wednesday. If you selected express shipping, anything beyond Wednesday would be another Microsoft sales processing/logistics bungle of things. I'll certainly be asking for a refund of my express shipping fee if I don't get the phone by/on the 25th.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered at the B&M Microsoft Store as well as online. Whichever one is available first, that's the one I will buy. I will return the late one.
Same here. I pre-ordered at the MS store and ordered on-line. If the on-line gets here first, I just decline the pre-order in the store. If the store pre-order shows up first, I keep that and return the on-line order. Either way I have to go to the Store to get Complete (and get the veteran price adjustment if I'm keeping the on-line order).

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I am glad I pre-ordered my 950XL on the Microsoft store web site. Last time I got a phone by a carrier the 925 they wouldn't let me touch it when they powered it on and skipped the restore settings process. I had to factory reset to start over but at least I had my settings back. Now my 925 is showing it's age and can't wait for the new phone to show up.

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
That would kinda suck for those of us who pre-ordered at stores weeks before they were available online.

I would be happy for you guys, but probably a little bitter if I'm being honest.

I get where you are coming from, but there was nothing stopping you from doing both, that's what I did with the Band 2, and it worked out well.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I get where you are coming from, but there was nothing stopping you from doing both, that's what I did with the Band 2, and it worked out well.

I'm somewhat a man of my word, so I considered my in-store pre-order something like an intent to purchase there.

Plus there was no guarantee that it would be delivered to the address where I'll be for the holiday before I left for home.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
If I don't get this phone soon I will be bankrupt from buying things to keep me busy. I am not a patient person. Obviously. Nice to have good company to wait with though. :)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm somewhat a man of my word, so I considered my in-store pre-order something like an intent to purchase there.
Nothing wrong with that. Those of us who have been around longer get good at rationalizing different behavior. In my case, I just told myself Microsoft gets the same money either way and that physical store sales people aren't on commission and they might screw up the pre-order anyway and there will be a line of people grateful to get a shot at my pre-ordered phone and... well you get the idea. All that may be completely true, but I know I didn't do it just because it was true. Keep the rationalization at bay as much and as long as practical.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm betting they will ship them Monday. Hopefully, they won't be jerks and force the couriers to keep the package until release date like they did with the SP4. I paid for express shipping, so I don't want my package just sitting at fedex for days.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I just hope they didn't hold up releasing the XLs so AT&T could release the 950 first, the AT&T stores here can give 2 bleeps about the 950's release, they had one one the wall in the middle of a bunch of Android phones and the other next to the Surface Pro Tablet neither with any promotional signs or anything.. You'd think they've been there for months..

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Not that anyone was asking... but I am giving up my coveted unlimited data plan with Verizon so I can use this phone.

It would be cool to 3d print back plates... or ones made to order.

CAMX67

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
lol...Thanks! I think we'll all be too happy thinking about the awesome treasure we'll have in our hands to be worried about shipping costs though. :)

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Silly question but what deals have you all found?
I see it is going at $649 and with tax that's going to come close to $700

I saw a bundle deal for the dock or whatever but you need to be able to use the Lumia Deals App and it gives me an error on my 1520 and says it is not compatible on my Icon. :-/

THEN there is the cost of adding the insurance against breakage that includes one claim.
Does anyone know how much that cost?

I've never bought a NEW phone off of contract before.
I want to use this on T-Mobile so I will be paying full price. But I am a commercial HVAC tech and I fear breaking the thing at work.

I have been using the 1520 for months now and it is plagued with the phantom touch issue now but that is from shoving it into a holster case. I have not dropped it too harshly so far so I hope to be able to care for the Nokia 950XL as well.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from the MS store in Cincy. I was told that they will start selling them on Black Friday at 6am. Not on Thursday as was previously stated. At least not the Cincy store. Oh, and Otterbox has no plans to release a case for the new phones.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

I saw a bundle deal for the dock or whatever but you need to be able to use the Lumia Deals App and it gives me an error on my 1520 and says it is not compatible on my Icon. :-/

THEN there is the cost of adding the insurance against breakage that includes one claim.

I want to use this on T-Mobile so I will be paying full price. But I am a commercial HVAC tech and I fear breaking the thing at work.

I have been using the 1520 for months now and it is plagued with the phantom touch issue now but that is from shoving it into a holster case. I have not dropped it too harshly so far so I hope to be able to care for the Nokia 950XL as well.

One option is to get a tough two piece case for maximum protection. Another is to use a beater phone on the job and just switch sims.

Samuel Hernandez1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft Complete for phones is $99 and covers two claims for two years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077