950XL Waiting Room

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Not that anyone was asking... but I am giving up my coveted unlimited data plan with Verizon so I can use this phone.

It would be cool to 3d print back plates... or ones made to order.

I am going to keep my unlimited Verizon plan on one line...and delete the remaining lines...will move 7 lines to at&t.

doublestack1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if Google will ever release a native Win 10 mobile Google Voice app? The current offering is not ideal and would love to be able to automatically make every call with my google voice number without any additional key strokes etc

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I must be one of the few lucky people whom W10M is working so well for me that I can't wait to get my 950XL. In the last couple of days the Messaging App which used to crash every time I load a group Skype conversation is now magically working without any flaws - I have no idea how that happens, and that was the last of the annoying major bugs I have with W10M 10586. Now it's the hardware that's giving me problems as my 1520 is very bad with phantom touch as well as the search capacitive button going bonkers after I accidentally dropped the phone down an escalator (that and the corner is all messed up but luckily the screen didn't crack or anything). Just need to hold out for a few more days.....

kimallday

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
The phone doesn't come out before 3. December in Norway.... So hopefully I'll get it on the 3rd. Can't wait !!! I wonder how long I have to wait for the dock after we download the app and register our phones..

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered online, got the Black XL with the dock and a 10% discount....it is a December 11th shipping date. I also went to the MS store here in Charlotte and was told that they would honor the same, so I reserved another Black XL at the store and they are expecting to have those in store this coming Thursday....I am going to have to fight a crowd to get to the store....hide your wife, hide your kids...and hide your husbands too....I'm not holding back on anyone LOL.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I can understand... we all make excuses to buy a new phone. The worst: my wife wanted to give me a gift! :)
Rationalization! It's what separates us from animals.

My favorite was when I wanted a new GS1100. So I bought a 4x4 pickup that got 8 MPG. That meant I actually saved money by buying the bike because it cost less than the gas I would use if I only drove the truck.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from the MS store in Cincy. I was told that they will start selling them on Black Friday at 6am. Not on Thursday as was previously stated. At least not the Cincy store. Oh, and Otterbox has no plans to release a case for the new phones.

I was just there Thursday and Saturday and they said Thanksgiving Day! Thursday they thought Friday until they asked the stock department ICE then they said Thanksgiving day. Maybe that is when they will sell them but did you pre-order? Maybe that is the difference.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I was just there Thursday and Saturday and they said Thanksgiving Day! Thursday they thought Friday until they asked the stock department ICE then they said Thanksgiving day. Maybe that is when they will sell them but did you pre-order? Maybe that is the difference.
Different stores might have different hours. Could some even be in buildings that are closed on Thanksgiving so couldn't be open even if they wanted?

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Different stores might have different hours. Could some even be in buildings that are closed on Thanksgiving so couldn't be open even if they wanted?

He said the store in Cincy that is where I am Cincinnati unless he meant somewhere else. Only one store in Kenwood Mall they open 6 pm Thanksgiving Day. That's why I am having Thanksgiving Dinner in Kenwood. LOL

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
im still waiting for the one in my cart to show a ship date, instead of coming soon....
i waited too long to decide on color and size... so now im waiting, watching and clicking every hour :)

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
So. who has checked the shipping status more than once so far this morning ?

I stopped trying to check the order page constantly to see if it was going to be shipped. A Microsoft rep through Chat told me that it wasn't going to be shipped out until the 25th, so I'm hoping to have it arrive by Saturday. Of course, would be nice if it was shipped earlier.

FaustXD9

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting for my store pre-order to get fulfilled as well. My 1520 has the Cortana launching bug since I dropped it onetoo many times. I am really looking forward to getting the XL into my handssince I have been waiting for a flagship device to come out for what seems tobe an eternity since the 1520 was released. Unfortunately, I was not fastenough to order online, but since we finally got a Microsoft store I went toits grand opening and put my pre-order in. I just wish they would provide somefeedback on where you are in the queue. I was not expecting the online shop tobe sold out so fast, that is a good sign for pent up demand but not too for MSfor not forecasting this a little better. There seemed to be a lot of holdupson their end for getting these devices built and certified, would love to hearthe background for that. Luckily there are a few sites like this one that havecontacts within MS that are keeping the fans updated since MS is doing ahorrible job. It always makes me wonder what they are trying to hide.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am also very frustrated with MS and their inability in the phone business. It is very hard to remain a fan of windows phone. For me, its not even about apps....i want to buy a freaking phone....and they are doing their best to keep it away from me! Jerks!!

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I got the same when I called in to Microsoft to inquire, shipping ON the 25th.....it gets worse though....he claimed that its 5 to 7 days for delivery! When I said I paid for express $16.99 shipping, he said " well than your delivery will be 2-3 days because of black Friday!?

Not sure if any of what he said is factual but he was adamant that they would not ship prior to the 25th!

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Having zero confidence in Microsofts online pre ordering operation, I went to the Flagship store on 5th Ave in NYC today and set one aside to be picked up this weekend as I'll be out of town for the holiday. The process was quick and painless. I sympathize with folks who don't live close enough to a MS store to do this.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the same when I called in to Microsoft to inquire, shipping ON the 25th.....it gets worse though....he claimed that its 5 to 7 days for delivery! When I said I paid for express $16.99 shipping, he said " well than your delivery will be 2-3 days because of black Friday!?

Not sure if any of what he said is factual but he was adamant that they would not ship prior to the 25th!

It's an estimate. If you lived in Hawaii, then yes your express would probably be 2-3 days. If you live mainland, you are looking at 1-2 days, depending on your location in regards to the warehouse location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss