950XL Waiting Room

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
In the last couple of days the Messaging App which used to crash every time I load a group Skype conversation is now magically working without any flaws - I have no idea how that happens, and that was the last of the annoying major bugs I have with W10M 10586.
There was an update to Messaging + Skype in the store. You must have auto updates on.

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's an estimate. If you lived in Hawaii, then yes your express would probably be 2-3 days. If you live mainland, you are looking at 1-2 days, depending on your location in regards to the warehouse location.

Sorry I disagree....if you pay for overnight shipping then it arrives overnight regardless if it is mainland or not. Point is they are shipping these phones the day before thanksgiving and if its two days...it usually means two business days which means Monday!

Am I impatient? Absolutely!

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I disagree....if you pay for overnight shipping then it arrives overnight regardless if it is mainland or not. Point is they are shipping these phones the day before thanksgiving and if its two days...it usually means two business days which means Monday!

Am I impatient? Absolutely!

Same here. I leave Monday for the week on business. Shame to think that my phone will just be sitting at home all week!! Really hope it shows up on Friday.

Last edited:

gonzalu

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I reserved (it was all I was allowed to do) the 950XL in WHite at the new Microsoft Flagship on 5th Avenue in Manhattan on the 19th of October and it reads as such in the receipt:

"PRE-ORDER MICROSOFT C WHITE
Product sku: 29G-01243
Price: $0.00
Quantity: 1"

Not sure if this is the Dual SIM version which is the one I wanted. I called both the store and on-line sales support line and both were not able to tell me ANYTHING about actual availability. POTENTIALLY on the 26th or the 27th they said.

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just received this answer on a "chat" at the Microsoft store when I asked about having the 950XL on Wednesday.

"There is a huge possibility that you will received this item at the release date also yet there is no assurance"

CAMX67

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
All, I recently got off the line with Microsoft (AGAIN). I expressed my displeasure with the fact that I have received VARIOUS explanations and ETAs for the receipt of my 950 XL, which I pre-ordered online and with Express (1 -2 bus days) shipping. I mentioned that "ships BY" means we could receive a notification today, tomorrow, or Wednesday, the 25th. That said, for those of us that are doing Express service, IF we received a notification today we POSSIBLY could receive the phone tomorrow OR Wednesday. Notification tomorrow means receipt by Wednesday or Friday. Considering the holiday, ANYTHING after that pushes the delivery date to next Monday at the earliest. I even spoke with a Microsoft employee first thing this morning who mentioned 5 - 7 business days FROM the 25th EVEN with Express shipping. Huh? I was also informed, albeit politely (and not directly), that my online order sent express is relatively "worthless" and I would have been better off just pre-ordering from a brick and mortar store and just fighting a crowd when the phone is released. It's clear that the majority of folks we are speaking to on the phone, or in the brick and mortar stores have NO IDEA what is going on either. If Satya isn't deliberately trying to destroy Windows Phone, or any remnants of Steve Ballmer's legacy, then immediately after this launch he needs to make SWEEPING changes (read FIRE folks) in his Marketing, Sales, and Logistics departments. For all those saying, "be patient"..."take it easy"..."you've waited this long", etc...That's not the point. YES!!! WE WANT OUR BELOVED WINDOWS PHONES!!! Check...Clearly we do. The point is the MAJOR bungle of all this. Clearly, Apple and Android do their launches MUCH better. Further, if Microsoft had JUST provided a launch date after the announcement; even if it were in mid-December we would certainly scratch our heads and wonder why so long...We would certainly have our opinions...We would certainly be overly anxious....BUT...Then, we could at least understandably say to each other be patient, because we would know up front when to expect the phones. EVEN if Microsoft came out after the announcement and said that regrettably the OS build is not ready and there will be a delay until...AT LEAST we would know why and for how far the launch date was pushed out. Something is not right here....Microsoft clearly needs to majorly get its act together.

litster

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My credit card was just charged for my 950 XL online order on microsoftstore.com. Shipping status has not been updated yet though.

gonzalu

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
My credit card was just charged for my 950 XL online order on microsoftstore.com. Shipping status has not been updated yet though.

Nice ... There are two 950XLs in the office that we have been passing around to play with but it has not been my turn yet :( Wed can't be here soon enough. My third 1520 is starting to show its age

Marekt77

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Right!!! I have NO idea what the hell is going on with Microsoft and their phones. If the release date is the 25th, then I expect delivery on the 25th. Please spare me the "what's a few days delay crap..." MS has managed same day delivery for the Xbox, and Surface. Apple who ships a crap load more phones can handle delivery day shipping as does Amazon.

We kept hearing these phones are the for the fans etc... Way a go to keep fans happy. Who the hell releases a phone on our around Thanksgiving!?!?!?

You know what, if the software was late, they should have pushed it back a week. But don't do this by 25th crap, where almost no one, including your own stores really know what is going on.

Your shipping your flagship phone the DAY before a major US holiday!?!?!?!?! And you are NOT doing release day shipping!?!? WTF!?!?!?!

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You guys are making me nervous. My dinner reservation is for 5:45 Thursday I was trying to act grown up and patient but they are going to have to change it to 5 or I am going somewhere else. Preferably I get my phone Wednesday then I won't have to worry about it. I feel like a hater. LOL JK I hope you all get it tomorrow or Wednesday so I can read about it if I have to wait. Good luck! :kiss:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss