950XL Waiting Room

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
My credit card was charged for both my orders too!

One of them kicked off fraud alert with my bank. When I followed the link in the e-mail from Microsoft to the Microsoft Store site to "update my payment information", during the update process (where I just told it to use the same card again), it said the phone will be shipped via UPS Overnight and arrive in "1 to 2 business days".

No change on my order history page.

I hope it ships today or tomorrow!!!

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got the charge for the full price of the phone on my card a few minutes ago. I preordered the day they became available on the MS website.

I can only assume that means it's going to ship today or tomorrow?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
mine has not been charged yet.... but then i am STILL waiting to place my order as soon as they create a ship by date from their "coming soon" sign :)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My card was charged this morning! This was not a pre-authorization. The actual charge has been processed which is not supposed to happen until the item is shipped. Order status has not yet been updated. Could it be????

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (Black)
Price: $649.00 Qty: 1 Status: In process

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanksgiving reservation has been moved to 5:00 instead of 5:45. Just talked to the store again she said that the phone shipment is coming in on the 26th and that they will be calling people in the order that they preordered. I hope they get enough in. When I was in there the other day I was told that they had a total of 25 preorders. She said that they are still getting preorders she just had two today. This is crazy/fun! LOL But I want my phone NOW. LOL

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Why do you guys do this to yourself? Every release, every product, the same thing happens. yet you continue to do it. That's the definition of insanity!
Calling Online Store support will NOT change what happens to your device. If you choose over night, or 3 month delivery, its gets to you when they send it. historically MS has always shipped it pre-orders for day 1 delivery, or before. I could take that to the bank. EXCEPT with the Surface Pro 4...all my accesses came on time, the device came by ground, 4 days later. No amount of screaming or yelling changed this.

My card was just charged, so I know the process has started. I know the card is charged the minute it passes from In process to shipping. So I know my name is now on a box and passed down the converyer belt to the put on the shpping pallet....I know the email will come...its usually 2 hrs behind the charge...that means my device IS already on the shipping pallet. so, Using historical as an example, I would expect to see my device on Wednesday. My 950 was ordered on the 16th and arrived on the 20th.

but, this was fun....lets do this again at the next release....lets all tell MS to get its act together...and whine until it gets here.

woohoo

How 'bout dem Cowboys!!!

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My credit card was charged for both my orders too!

One of them kicked off fraud alert with my bank. When I followed the link in the e-mail from Microsoft to the Microsoft Store site to "update my payment information", during the update process (where I just told it to use the same card again), it said the phone will be shipped via UPS Overnight and arrive in "1 to 2 business days".

No change on my order history page.

I hope it ships today or tomorrow!!!

Did the same thing to me, then cancelled my order!!!! I'm so mad right now.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

pepsicocom

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I have active orders on microsoftstore.com and B&H New York. Both have pending holds against my credit card but neither has indicated a delivery or ship date. I still don't know for sure if the MS store version of the 950XL is dual SIM. The B&H version is advertised as dual SIM. I assume at least one of them will be the dual SIM version I want. I don't expect to have a problem selling the one I don't need. I'm hoping my MS Store order will entitle me to a continuum included in the price. I might be disappointed because the contiuum offer was "while supplies last."

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
On the phone now. Losing my temper.

Yup, Microsoft cancelled my order without even giving the option of verifying funds with my bank. Have over $2700 in my account but it was flagged as fraud and got cancelled. I am beyond words right now.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, Microsoft cancelled my order without even giving the option of verifying funds with my bank. Have over $2700 in my account but it was flagged as fraud and got cancelled. I am beyond words right now.

I'm sorry. I know that doesn't help but I'm feeling your pain right now. :cry::angry:

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry. I know that doesn't help but I'm feeling your pain right now. :cry::angry:

Yeah, I'm pretty livid right now. But serious congrats to all who got their cards charged!!!!

And if any of you ordered a 2nd 950 XL and would like to get rid of one, please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

That's nuts,was it a credit, debit or paypal??
Had that issue ordering Mozo Back Cover from MobileFun with my CC & Debit cards, being overseas neither accepted my order and didn't call me until the next day saying there were suspected fraudulent charges attempted.. its like wtf, let the sale go through THEN contact me right away for verification...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb