950XL Waiting Room

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Rats. I preordered in physical store, but the first round was already sold out so I'm in the "pre-order backorder" group, whatever that is, LOL.
So when the heck do I go in? (caution, needless tantrum ahead --->) I don't wanna go to the mall on Black Friday!! I just wanna lay on the sofa and eat myself into a coma and play with my new phone!

Pappa Ed

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520.3 with the same issue. Had to go back to my old faithful 920. I was considering replacing the screen to see if that would fix it but with the 950XL emanate I figured I would just wait it out.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I've already called and been told that my order has been cancelled, but they can help me reorder. When I agreed to that, she then said "oh, seems this is unavailable." Guess I'll be one of the lucky ones that get to wait even though I preordered.

My 2 cents... take it to the online webchat - quote your previous order number.
If you dont get any help there, go to twitter and send it to @microsoftstore and cc @panospanay
like somoene has said, be polite and plead your case, dont put your order number on twitter tho - but do say you were incorrectly cancelled and tell them youre a loyal Lumia fan.

doublestack1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have to cancel my order. After testing a 640 XL with insider Win 10 OS and then a 950 at a local ATT store, it appears my company will not approve the device to register with our email system. If Outlook was an independent app that did not require device account sign-in, all would be good. So disappointed. Looks like I will have to stick with my iOS until I can convince IT to approve the 950 XL. Was looking forward to the switch. Moved to the Surface Pro 3 last year and then the Surface Book (love Win 10) from a MB Air and iPad. Mobile device switch would have completed the conversion.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have to cancel my order. After testing a 640 XL with insider Win 10 OS and then a 950 at a local ATT store, it appears my company will not approve the device to register with our email system. If Outlook was an independent app that did not require device account sign-in, all would be good. So disappointed. Looks like I will have to stick with my iOS until I can convince IT to approve the 950 XL. Was looking forward to the switch. Moved to the Surface Pro 3 last year and then the Surface Book (love Win 10) from a MB Air and iPad. Mobile device switch would have completed the conversion.
I think you said something about this a couple of days ago and I still don't understand the issue. Does "Outlook Mail" work for that purpose on your SP3 or Book? It's the same app. Existence of Microsoft account on the device in no way affects what email servers it can connect to.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
One more place to constantly check is account.Microsoft.com, order history at microsoftstore shows 'in process' but account shows 'complete'

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
One more place to constantly check is account.Microsoft.com, order history at microsoftstore shows 'in process' but account shows 'complete'

That explains the other post. Mine also shows completed in the account order history which is probably due to the completed charge. In the store its still in process.

doublestack1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I think you said something about this a couple of days ago and I still don't understand the issue. Does "Outlook Mail" work for that purpose on your SP3 or Book? It's the same app. Existence of Microsoft account on the device in no way affects what email servers it can connect to.

Mail / calendar works on my Surface Book with Win 10. SP3 with 8.1 did not connect to our server until I upgraded to Win 10. Thought the new Lumias were the same in that respect. When Outlook connects as an app, it works on Android and iOS. When I register the exchange account through the device settings, my company server rejects the Android and Lumia devices. Wish I understood the tech part more so I can explain it better.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, my order doesn't appear at all on that site. It shows up at the MS store fine saying 'in process', but there is nothing in the account.microsoft.com site for my 950xl order.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Mail / calendar works on my Surface Book with Win 10. SP3 with 8.1 did not connect to our server until I upgraded to Win 10. Thought the new Lumias were the same in that respect. When Outlook connects as an app, it works on Android and iOS. When I register the exchange account through the device settings, my company server rejects the Android and Lumia devices. Wish I understood the tech part more so I can explain it better.
Your IT folks should be able to figure it out, they might appreciate you offering to help. Or at least maybe they can give you a reason why it's getting rejected.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

There should be a third party app you can use like touchdown or something like that. I agree your IT department should have a solution for you.

AWD4416

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Dude don't give up!

I was the Exchange admin on my last gig. There are a few reasons this might happen. The simplest one is how many mobile you have attached to your Exchange account. Sometimes a limit of 5 is imposed. To check this you have to go to Outlook Web Access, its been a while but it should be in the options section. Other problems would be self sign certificates and other thing on the server side like account authentication.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Damn, I pre-ordered within a half hour when orders opened on the 16th yet still no movement on my order??
Unless they have a warehouse in the NY/Philly area I won't be seeing this phone until after Thanksgiving :(

aaronhong13

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Called my Microsoft store. They said that Microsoft didn't put a limit on how many people could pre-order/reserve the phone so it will be first come first served based on when they received the pre-order took place. The rep had no idea how many actual devices they were getting either and also couldn't tell me where on this 'list' I was falling. I really hope Microsoft ships enough of them so I can get one.

ferretzombie

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Called my Microsoft store. They said that Microsoft didn't put a limit on how many people could pre-order/reserve the phone so it will be first come first served based on when they received the pre-order took place. The rep had no idea how many actual devices they were getting either and also couldn't tell me where on this 'list' I was falling. I really hope Microsoft ships enough of them so I can get one.

That seems to miss the point of reserving or pre-ordering a phone.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Canada order for 950XL Black.

Order showing up as "In Process" on Microsoft Store. Showing as "Completed" at account.microsoft.com

No charge on my charge card yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon