950XL Waiting Room

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Instead of opting to charge with my debit card, I used PayPal which is directly linked to my bank account. At account.microsoft.com, the order shows up as "Completed" like the person who posted the picture (unfortunately I never checked the order through there, so I don't know if it truly changed), but on microsoftstore.com, it's still "In process". That being said, my PayPal still has an authorization pending, but it hasn't been completed yet, so the money hasn't been taken from my bank account. Picked Express Shipping as well, so hopefully the news of credit cards being charged bodes well for everyone.

As for the shipping, I ordered a Lumia 640 as a spare since it just went on sale this morning, and opted for Free Shipping. UPS says that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I wonder if it'll be similar for those who picked Free Shipping on the 950 XL orders, or I lucked out by being near a distribution center.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
6.5 hours between the two credit card transactions. First was the black one at 2:30 followed by the white one at 9. Maybe they did all of one color first.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
To those who pre-ordered in store, did any of you receive emails about your orders (except for pre-order confirmations)? It's my first pre-order and I have no idea whether they will call or email or nothing at all?

John Hardy IV

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Ordered on the 16th. UPS tracking number generated via email just now from the US MSFT store. :) Credit Card has pending charge. Here we go, one day express shipping.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to hate or be bitter, but if you online folks get you XLs on the 24th or 25th and the brick and mortar stores don't have it I'll be a very unhappy camper

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Not trying to hate or be bitter, but if you online folks get you XLs on the 24th or 25th and the brick and mortar stores don't have it I'll be a very unhappy camper

I have been reading that the shipments going to the physical stores will probably be going to pre-orders.

That does not mean that they won't send a 10% or more overhead to some of the larger stores for walk in sales. There is always the case of possible pre-order cancellations as well.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading that the shipments going to the physical stores will probably be going to pre-orders.

That does not mean that they won't send a 10% or more overhead to some of the larger stores for walk in sales. There is always the case of possible pre-order cancellations as well.

I hope you're just trolling me :grin:...

I pre-ordered "in store" on 10/16.....

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
To those who pre-ordered in store, did any of you receive emails about your orders (except for pre-order confirmations)? It's my first pre-order and I have no idea whether they will call or email or nothing at all?
I pre ordered in store on 10/09 and I have yet to receive a call or email. I did call the store a few days ago and the guy said I will get a phone call, so we shall see. I dread driving to the store on the busiest day of shopping and fighting traffic.

amoodie

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I think they sold many more in pre order than they expected. Which is great.

I'm waiting for mine too. Apparently in the second shipment.

I also want to get an extra battery. Not sure where to get one. When I got the Lumia 830, I tried going to the Microsoft Store, and they said to get it on the internet, but no luck. Anyone hear of a place to get an extra battery for the 950 XL?

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I was told it come via email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs