950XL Waiting Room

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Just did a check...PayPal temporary authorization CANCELED...Just got off the phone with Microsoft. I was told the order is on hold and is in Fraud Review and will need to be escalated to senior management. I really do love WP....and, yes, I am frustrated...but, all of this hassle just isn't worth it. Microsoft has botched this on EVERY level. Seconds away from just canceling my order.

Same here. Disappointed as to how this is working out. Trying to call PayPal to see if they can change it, but as it looks now, I won't be getting a tracking number anytime soon...

Last edited:

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did it have an estimated ship date?
nope... as you can see it still says "coming soon" and the confirmation email says the same thing also...
this is what is said in the cart also...."coming soon"
once or twice i lost it from my cart and had to wait til i could get it back into the cart again... thats why it took me 5 days to get this to take!
and somehow, i managed to earn bing credits :)
Yes, thats an edu discount...
order microsoft.JPG

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Same here, Lumia 950XL Preorder, scheduled to ship before Nov 25th when ordered has received UPS tracking number this morning! Order complete.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
vicious first world circle - and truly i am not this narcissistic for anything but my (Nokia) Lumia phones...
but now i have gone from clicking place order every 5 minutes, to clicking check order status every minutes....
:)

Npakaderm

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Tracking number received here too on a Lumia 950XL white. I pre-ordered when it was still listed as shipping on or before 11/25. Paid for express so it looks like I'll receive mine tomorrow too!

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
My order was cancelled this morning at 7:30am because MS didn't process my order yesterday!! Paypal pulled the funds at 7:30 this morning because the order didn't get processed by 7:30 this morning.. I mean wtf, I pre ordered 10 minutes after preorders went live, there's no way MS is processing orders in the order they are coming in otherwise my order would have been processed within the first hour or two at the most.. What kills me is I called MS Customer Support last night asking why my order which was given minutes after it went live wasn't processed yet and they said it probably was since paypal is showing funds are pre-authorized for this sale its just MS's system is slow to update status's... Just Talked to CS and her supervisor and best they can do is we're sorry, we don't know why but I can pre order again when it goes live again... Really???? ugh,
I'm so angry I am not sure what I'm going to do...
After this debacle I'm having serious second thoughts.. serious..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Tracking number received here too on a Lumia 950XL white. I pre-ordered when it was still listed as shipping on or before 11/25. Paid for express so it looks like I'll receive mine tomorrow too!
Got my 950XL tracking number early this morning. Ordered with free shipping. I also ordered a 640 yesterday with free shipping. Got that tracking number just a short time before the 950XL tracking number. UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow. So the 950XL seems to be on the borderline between Wednesday and Friday. I'm sure I'll see a UPS delivery date soon. Either way I have to go to the local store Thursday evening (to pick up my in-store pre-order) and/or Friday (to return OR price adjust my on-line order for the veteran discount and buy Complete).

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My order was cancelled this morning at 7:30am because MS didn't process my order yesterday!! Paypal pulled the funds at 7:30 this morning because the order didn't get processed by 7:30 this morning.. I mean wtf, I pre ordered 10 minutes after preorders went live, there's no way MS is processing orders in the order they are coming in otherwise my order would have been processed within the first hour or two at the most.. What kills me is I called MS Customer Support last night asking why my order which was given minutes after it went live wasn't processed yet and they said it probably was since paypal is showing funds are pre-authorized for this sale its just MS's system is slow to update status's... Just Talked to CS and her supervisor and best they can do is we're sorry, we don't know why but I can pre order again when it goes live again... Really???? ugh,
I'm so angry I am not sure what I'm going to do...
After this debacle I'm having serious second thoughts.. serious..

Sorry - i wonder if there is some commonalty between the cancelled orders? Paypal?
Do you have an alternate method to pay? just pay direct to credit card? and provide them notice of the pre-auth?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry - i wonder if there is some commonalty between the cancelled orders? Paypal?
Do you have an alternate method to pay? just pay direct to credit card? and provide them notice of the pre-auth?
On the weekend, my 950XL order suddenly disappeared from my account at the store. Had me worried until I noticed that all prior orders were gone too. That's when I noticed that MS, in a massive failure in judgement IMO, has their on-line store farmed out to Digital River which is a HORRIBLY inept company. So if we are taking bets, I'll put my money on Digital River. PayPal is a much better run company.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how much Complete is with the 950xl? Usually don't buy but thinking about it after dropping $700 :)
Pretty sure it's $100. Having never dropped a phone or put it thru the laundry, I am more interested in the extra year of factory warranty that Complete provides. So if these flexy fliers develop problems such as the 1520's phantom touch, I'm covered for as long as I keep the phone.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

I talked to paypal and they said funds were there and preauthorized for MS but MS just didn't process it when they should have, as of last night when I called MS CS funds were still there and waiting.. Bottom line, MS just didn't process the order in the order they received it.. Sucks because I even called MS about this concern and even gave the Supervisor the order verification case # which he verified but would do nothing to help.. Sad thing is I got MS CS before the order went to cancel this morning and they wouldn't change the form of payment to my CC... In my books thats not very good customer support.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure it's $100. Having never dropped a phone or put it thru the laundry, I am more interested in the extra year of factory warranty that Complete provides. So if these flexy fliers develop problems such as the 1520's phantom touch, I'm covered for as long as I keep the phone.

i am thinking of getting this also - never gotten any type of insurance for my phones before, but my wife has applecare for her iphone...
it does make sense to get it for the extra year of warranty...

On the weekend, my 950XL order suddenly disappeared from my account at the store. Had me worried until I noticed that all prior orders were gone too. That's when I noticed that MS, in a massive failure in judgement IMO, has their on-line store farmed out to Digital River which is a HORRIBLY inept company. So if we are taking bets, I'll put my money on Digital River. PayPal is a much better run company.

So what did you have to do to get your order re-instated?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Same as me, they had me send them a screen shot of my account showing the disappeared order lol.. may be a god send, after my MS order debacle I might be forgetting the whole thing.. totally pi$$ed... and thats a total understatement

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05