950XL Waiting Room

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I talked to paypal and they said funds were there and preauthorized for MS but MS just didn't process it when they should have, as of last night when I called MS CS funds were still there and waiting.. Bottom line, MS just didn't process the order in the order they received it.. Sucks because I even called MS about this concern and even gave the Supervisor the order verification case # which he verified but would do nothing to help.. Sad thing is I got MS CS before the order went to cancel this morning and they wouldn't change the form of payment to my CC... In my books thats not very good customer support.

in my mind, i would take your order number and get back to customer service and explain to them again the situation.
that is disappointing to say the least and definitely not the way Microsoft should handle an order of any value.
i wouldnt give up on it... go to twitter and voice your opinion there - usually that gets people attention and can help.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with paypal and the Microsoft online store. My order was canceled for no real reason at the very couple of days before shipping a preordered videogame... I called CS and they were able place a new order, but if I was no watching my order I would have gone unnoticed for a while...

Now, I have never had this happen when I ordered or preorded my surface computers with my credit/debit card... I guess I avoid using paypal on the Microsoft site for "big/important" orders.

update: After reading more comments, I guess this is a digital river thing... My order disappeared too. They could not find my order. I thought I was going crazy... maybe I did not click the final action button to submit my order...
Thankfully, I had the paypal transaction to show the MS cs rep by email...

Funny thing is, my friend had a similar issue with the last iphone preorder. After getting all complete online, her reservation disappeared and apple could no find it... She had an email, but that was it... Finally a day or so before the orders went live, her reservation came up. At that point she had two because all apple could giver her was a "pending" one after the mishap was caught.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Nice! The leather feels soft, like is is actually leather and not synthetic. It is very light weight. The real test will be how it looks and feels when attached.
I like how companies like McDonalds and Mozo provide jobs for cows. Literally millions would have never even been born without them.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So i just saw Daniels tweet about how Cortana is offering to track his 950XL for him :)
THAT is pretty cool, you have to admit!
Also, that means the embargo is going to be lifted for 950XL reviews...very very soon :)

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I talked to paypal and they said funds were there and preauthorized for MS but MS just didn't process it when they should have, as of last night when I called MS CS funds were still there and waiting.. Bottom line, MS just didn't process the order in the order they received it.. Sucks because I even called MS about this concern and even gave the Supervisor the order verification case # which he verified but would do nothing to help.. Sad thing is I got MS CS before the order went to cancel this morning and they wouldn't change the form of payment to my CC... In my books thats not very good customer support.

That's unfortunate to hear for us PayPal users. I was told by PayPal CS that even though the pre-authorized payment expired, the order is still seen as "pending" on their end, and they are waiting on Microsoft to pull the money from it. I haven't received a cancellation or request to change payment email yet, but I'm expecting that to happen soon (I pre-ordered during the ship by November 25 period). Just annoying how they offer PayPal as a payment option and can't use it properly for pre-orders.

Oddly enough though, back when the Surface Pro 3 was going to be released, I used PayPal for pre-ordering that as well. There were no issues with that as I got both it and the type cover on release day. Hopefully it'll be the same for the phone.

Last edited:

maestromato

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Accounts.microsoft.com shows order as Complete, I now have no money in my bank account XD, microsoftstore account still shows "In Process", no tracking email yet! I ordered on 11/16 at about 6:22 pm EST

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
On the weekend, my 950XL order suddenly disappeared from my account at the store. Had me worried until I noticed that all prior orders were gone too. That's when I noticed that MS, in a massive failure in judgement IMO, has their on-line store farmed out to Digital River which is a HORRIBLY inept company. So if we are taking bets, I'll put my money on Digital River. PayPal is a much better run company.

Uh oh.... They use Digital River?!? On second thought, I'm glad I did an in-store order.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Check out this unboxing video of the brown leather Mozo back for the 950...absolutely beautiful ! This is the same one I am getting for my 950 XL :)

Mozo cover for Lumia 950 unboxed and reviewed - WMPoweruser
I want to see ONE more production cover to see if the grain and mottling are identical on all the Cognac backs. I wish he had commented on whether the stitching is real or stamped/died. If it is real stitching, I don't understand why they aren't charging more for the cognac. The black and white don't have the expense of stitching but all are stamped. Basic business practices would be to charge more for ones that cost more to make. Duh! So is the stitching just stampings that look like stitching, or did Mozo consciously decide to make less money on the Cognac?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
in my mind, i would take your order number and get back to customer service and explain to them again the situation.
that is disappointing to say the least and definitely not the way Microsoft should handle an order of any value.
i wouldnt give up on it... go to twitter and voice your opinion there - usually that gets people attention and can help.
I did, even escalated to supervisor(I was always courteous and never rude)
He said he agreed it should have been processed in the first hour or two but nothing he could do.. My order at the time was still in pending status but he said he couldn't update the payment form even with the order still being live, Paypal notification didn't register at MS yet.. Crazy if you ask me... I just posted on WP support twitter.. not holding my breath though..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I did, even escalated to supervisor(I was always courteous and never rude)
He said he agreed it should have been processed in the first hour or two but nothing he could do.. My order at the time was still in pending status but he said he couldn't update the payment form even with the order still being live, Paypal notification didn't register at MS yet.. Crazy if you ask me... I just posted on WP support twitter.. not holding my breath though..

I liked and retweeted as that tends to get their attention.

may i suggest you tweet to @lumiahelp - the microsoftphone account is closed...
also cc microsoftstore as they are the twitter account for the store...

gerbir21

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a pending debit on my credit card as of 11/23 and the MS site still lists 'Order in process'.
Looking forward to seeing myself & my fellow Canadians get their hands on their orders.
The print on my F5 key is starting to disappear... :smile:

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a pending debit on my credit card as of 11/23 and the MS site still lists 'Order in process'.
Looking forward to seeing myself & my fellow Canadians get their hands on their orders.
The print on my F5 key is starting to disappear... :smile:

you can also start to wear our your ctrl and R keys... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett