950XL Waiting Room

CAMX67

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello All,

Maybe the following will give a bit of hope for all of us undergoing the anguish of having used PayPal for our pre-orders. Like many of you excited to receive my shipment notification, I have seen my temporary authorization canceled on PayPal, but I still see my order as "In Process" as well as "Complete" on the Microsoft sites. I have had discussions with both PayPal and Microsoft this morning and this is what I have been told. From the PayPal side, they are relatively clueless. All they can tell me is that with the temporary authorizations on my PayPal Credit being canceled, this means that it was rejected on the Microsoft side. When I informed the agent that Microsoft is still showing everything as OK with the order, PayPal said the best thing to do was to reorder. Huh? The strange thing is that the first PayPal agent saw what I did on my summary - Temporary authorizations canceled...BUT she also saw on her screen that the transaction with Microsoft was still pending. When she put the "expert" on the line this is when he informed me that the transaction had been canceled by Microsoft....Now...From the Microsoft side...I spoke with Microsoft TWICE today. Both times i was informed that my order is in process and will be shipped soon. I was told that I could receive notification either today or tomorrow. When I explained what I was seeing with PayPal, I was assured both times that everything looks good with my order from the Microsoft side. One Microsoft agent stated that this is normal for Microsoft transactions with PayPal. First, they hit your funding source (PayPal, credit card, etc)...They pre-authorize to make sure funds are there...Next, when they are about to ship they hit your funding source a second time to ensure that everything is okay to charge. I was told that my funding source (PayPal Credit) was hit on 11/16 and yesterday, 11/23. Microsoft told me that everything looks good and that the temporary authorizations automatically drop on the PayPal side. So, this may very well be how PayPal's system is configured, but as I understand it, I have already authorized this charge, so Microsoft will hit the account one last time when they ship and it should automatically go through with PayPal. I guess I'll be patient a bit longer. For those of you thinking of ordering again, you may want to contact Microsoft first to see if everything looks good on their side. If not, you might run the risk of getting two 950 XLs and being charged twice.

Nambi Guazu

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Read an article today that some people are already scheduled to get their 950XL phones tomorrow. OOOOO, hope I will be one of the lucky ones. But, seeing how I'm never that lucky and I have yet to see an email from MS saying my phone has been processed and shipped......:cry:

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
my 950xl pre order that went in on the 16th is still in "process" and my card was billed yesterday. im not a happy camper. as if its not dispatched by 1pm ET the earliest I will see my phone is Friday... not happy at all :(

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

Maybe the following will give a bit of hope for all of us undergoing the anguish of having used PayPal for our pre-orders. Like many of you excited to receive my shipment notification, I have seen my temporary authorization canceled on PayPal, but I still see my order as "In Process" as well as "Complete" on the Microsoft sites. I have had discussions with both PayPal and Microsoft this morning and this is what I have been told. From the PayPal side, they are relatively clueless. All they can tell me is that with the temporary authorizations on my PayPal Credit being canceled, this means that it was rejected on the Microsoft side. When I informed the agent that Microsoft is still showing everything as OK with the order, PayPal said the best thing to do was to reorder. Huh? The strange thing is that the first PayPal agent saw what I did on my summary - Temporary authorizations canceled...BUT she also saw on her screen that the transaction with Microsoft was still pending. When she put the "expert" on the line this is when he informed me that the transaction had been canceled by Microsoft....Now...From the Microsoft side...I spoke with Microsoft TWICE today. Both times i was informed that my order is in process and will be shipped soon. I was told that I could receive notification either today or tomorrow. When I explained what I was seeing with PayPal, I was assured both times that everything looks good with my order from the Microsoft side. One Microsoft agent stated that this is normal for Microsoft transactions with PayPal. First, they hit your funding source (PayPal, credit card, etc)...They pre-authorize to make sure funds are there...Next, when they are about to ship they hit your funding source a second time to ensure that everything is okay to charge. I was told that my funding source (PayPal Credit) was hit on 11/16 and yesterday, 11/23. Microsoft told me that everything looks good and that the temporary authorizations automatically drop on the PayPal side. So, this may very well be how PayPal's system is configured, but as I understand it, I have already authorized this charge, so Microsoft will hit the account one last time when they ship and it should automatically go through with PayPal. I guess I'll be patient a bit longer. For those of you thinking of ordering again, you may want to contact Microsoft first to see if everything looks good on their side. If not, you might run the risk of getting two 950 XLs and being charged twice.

Yeah, interestingly enough, when I look at my PayPal account through the Windows Phone app, the status for the Lumia 950 XL is still shown as Pending. That order does not show up at all when I log in through the website itself, and only the canceled pre-authorization showed up. I used PayPal for my Surface Pro 3 pre-order last year, and I still received it on the ship by date (June 20 IIRC) with no issues in the end, so hopefully it'll be the same here. I didn't get a shipment confirmation until the afternoon the day before (June 19), so they can definitely still ship it quickly for it to arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
To those who pre-ordered in store, did any of you receive emails about your orders (except for pre-order confirmations)? It's my first pre-order and I have no idea whether they will call or email or nothing at all?

I received an email with a barcode almost immediately. Beyond that, I don't know either. I guess I just have to keep turning up at the store until they get sick of me and give me one.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I received an email with a barcode almost immediately. Beyond that, I don't know either. I guess I just have to keep turning up at the store until they get sick of me and give me one.

I called my store and I'll have my phone by 6pm on Thursday. Well, or whenever I'm able to get away from Thanksgiving dinner and make it to the mall where the MSFT kiosk is located.

ITFox

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I did an in-store pre-order for the 950XL and they said it'll be available Thursday as well :). Looking forward to it!

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
For folks with shipped orders, do you have a tracking number that works on UPS.com yet? Mine still doesn't work. :-(

Same here. I got the email at 10:25PM last night (Pacific) and still nothing on UPS.com. The email says it can take up to 24 hours to show up in UPS systems so I'm not too worried.

keithnet

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
My tracking number says:

Order Processed: Ready for UPS
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

As I'm typing this post, I just finally got the shipping confirmation for my second order which was created about 20 minutes BEFORE my other order. I received my first shipping confirmation at 7:24am CT this morning.

The second order tracking number says: >>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb