950XL Waiting Room

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my XL's tracking progress. After all this UPS is screwing up!
"Package Progress
Harrisburg, PA, US
11/25/2015 4:54 A.M.
We left the package in our facility. This may cause a delay. We will deliver as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."
WTF!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Digital River or Microsoft threw in overnight delivery for free. Yesterday evening, UPS said still waiting to receive it. This morning it shows on schedule for delivery before 3 PM today. Came from California. Guess I won't have to hit the MS store on Thanksgiving or Black Friday for the price adjustment (veteran) and adding Complete. Will be able to do it today. Also cancel my in-store pre-order.

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
To throw this into the mix both my 950XL i pre ordered online on the 16th as well as the 950 I phoned into my "local" MS Store 120 miles away, two days later on the 18th, are heading to my front door this morning. Although oddly they seem delayed by a couple of hours between the tracking points within the UPS website.

No matter. I am very surprised and pleased. Delivery anywhere between 10:30am and 3:30PM. (ET)

Also just got this email from the MS store.. I guess this is what they meant about "email when available" yeesh....

available.JPG

Seems both the 950 and 950xl can be ordered now on the MS site.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Digital River or Microsoft threw in overnight delivery for free. Yesterday evening, UPS said still waiting to receive it. This morning it shows on schedule for delivery before 3 PM today. Came from California. Guess I won't have to hit the MS store on Thanksgiving or Black Friday for the price adjustment (veteran) and adding Complete. Will be able to do it today. Also cancel my in-store pre-order.

Yay Hoosier can't wait to hear about it! :smile:

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
To throw this into the mix both my 950XL i pre ordered online on the 16th as well as the 950 I phoned into my "local" MS Store 120 miles away, two days later on the 18th, are heading to my front door this morning. Although oddly they seem delayed by a couple of hours between the tracking points within the UPS website.

No matter. I am very surprised and pleased. Delivery anywhere between 10:30am and 3:30PM. (ET)

Also just got this email from the MS store.. I guess this is what they meant about "email when available" yeesh....

View attachment 117345

Seems both the 950 and 950xl can be ordered now on the MS site.

I just got it too. Woopie!

mohmia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 950 XL is on UPS truck 'out for delivery'. happy I didn't pay for the extra $20 for the next day Air option. I was tempted though... always reign in your temptations :)

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

Watch out it has too many issues like bending and screen shattering...

I had the Nexus 6P. It is a great phone. As long as you don't make a habit of throwing the phone down to see if the glass shatters or applying ridiculous amounts of force to deliberately bend the phone, and just use it like you would normally use a phone, it is just fine... It doesn't just spontaneously bend or shatter...

FastDave

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
My status says "Out for Delivery" too. Woot! Just thought of something. My current phone has a micro SIM. Am I going to need to go get a new SIM card or does it come with a new NANO?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My status says "Out for Delivery" too. Woot! Just thought of something. My current phone has a micro SIM. Am I going to need to go get a new SIM card or does it come with a new NANO?
Will not come with a SIM. Trim your old one or ask your carrier for a replacement in nano size.

Expat-GAD

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
the 950 and 950XL I believe take nano sims... time to break out the scissors ! depending on who your provider is they may be able to switch out your micro for a nano. or there are hundreds of sites online who can show you how to "trim" down your card. but it can kill your sim if you slice in the wrong place.

Jdalmau59

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I received an email from Microsoft that the 950XL was available at the Microsoft Store,,,so I went this morning to the one in San Juan, Puerto Rico...and it was not there yet, I was told that it should be delivered to the store by UPS in the afternoon,,, but since I work in the afternoon I guess I will have to wait until FRIDAY!!!!

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just called got the MS call center tried to get transferred to one of the guys I normally work with but they weren't in. Called back got the same guy asked him if they would call if they got the phones in early. He did a stock check and it showed that they are in and said that it is worth a try to go up there and try to purchase it today. Now I have to bribe (not really) my coworker/friend to take me up there before she leaves early today. Wish me luck I wish I was not so obsessed but I am I own it. I will keep you posted. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb