950XL Waiting Room

JdeFalconr

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with their customer service center. I inquired specifically about the Bellevue, WA store but was told that the word just got communicated from "corporate" that people with preorders can go in and pick up their phones today. She said I can go ahead and go into the Bellevue store to get my phone.

Of course this is coming from the same person who told me initially that without a doubt I would be able to pick my phone up starting on Friday the 27th. In any case I'm going to go down there in a bit to try and get my phone and avoid going in on Thanksgiving.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Super happy for all of you who are able to get yours! I'll live vicariously through your posts until Monday. :D

I'm at my parents house 6 hours from home, btw. Store should be holding mine until Monday, when I get back.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The store manager was a dork. Tried to tell me there was no veteran discount.

But when I asked if he wanted to see some of the things I learned in basic training, he changed his mind.

The employee who was helping me was behind him laughing silently.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm with AT&T, and no VVM is a deal breaker for me. Can someone confirm, if it in fact does not work? Thanks in advance.
I'm not on AT&T but Rumored Now says he switched to a 3rd party VVM app. Says it's great because then VVM is the same for whatever carrier you move to.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The store manager was a dork. Tried to tell me there was no veteran discount.
Forgot I also asked him if I could get white instead of black. He said no, we aren't allowed to change. So I asked if I just walked in and wanted to buy a white, do you have any. He said, yes we have two available. SMH.

Has the govt, taken over Microsoft?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
For visual voicemail, check out youmail. The app in our store that works with it is called ISeeVm. WAY better than the standard vvm from carriers.

And I tried to pick up my preorder in the Austin store (after they had to make shift getting me back on the list..long story) and they said it was a no go. Couldn't sell it to me until tomorrow. It's absolute crap that the flagship store in NYC is selling them already and other stores. But, some stores are making you hold out. I'm out of town tomorrow, so it's more than annoying not being able to get it today.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Confirmed, out West in Canada and the MS store in the nearby mall said they're expecting their shipment of XL's to arrive today and manager has authorized them to sell today as well! Officially for sale tomorrow. 950's however will not be arriving till mid-Dec (at least at that particular location).

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got the call. Apparently it takes time for them to scan them into the system. If you checked after the store opened, it wouldn't have been ready. Thanks to all for the Point of sale tip. Making my official exit from the waiting room.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with their customer service center. I inquired specifically about the Bellevue, WA store but was told that the word just got communicated from "corporate" that people with preorders can go in and pick up their phones today. She said I can go ahead and go into the Bellevue store to get my phone.

Of course this is coming from the same person who told me initially that without a doubt I would be able to pick my phone up starting on Friday the 27th. In any case I'm going to go down there in a bit to try and get my phone and avoid going in on Thanksgiving.

Please post if they let you pick yours up today. Much rather go today than tomorrow...

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just picked it up from MS Store @ South Coast Plaza.

First, the guy told me that since I did not receive a phone call from them I could not pick it up today - I was like what??!?:angry:. Luckily, there was someone else there, I think she was a store manager (wearing green shirt), who listened to our conversation and she just took my pre-order receipt and said I will take care of this. Sure enough, there was one waiting for me. She apologized to me on how I was treated by that guy, and said he did not know. She even told me that the store had not made any phone call to anyone yet. I was just glad she was around and was able to help.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Any stores in the Southern California region selling 950 xls today?

Or which stores are fulfilling preorders so that I can have the Glendale Galleria store contact them :)

tenneck

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Exact same scenario for me here in Knoxville. Went in and the guy there said no sales until tomorrow, even though they had them in stock and ready. So, they really think I'm going to fight all the mall traffic and the endless throngs of shoppers to hand them $700 for my phone? They're out of their effing minds. Whoever thought it was a great idea to make people wait until the busiest effing shopping day of the year to get their "fan" phone should be fired tout de suite. Apparently they couldn't pour p1ss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel. Forget it, MSFT (and my wife has a 950 and we have 2 Band 2's after owning 2 Band 1's and I own a 640). This is a bridge too far and absolutely a perfect example of how not to treat your customers. Pure crap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte