950XL Waiting Room

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they did mess up with my complete because it doesn't show up attached to my phone. I will be in the area for dinner tomorrow of course so I will sort it out then.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for my on-line order. Will return it to the MS store as soon as it gets here. So anyone wanting a black 950XL from the original Microsoft Store, they will have one more than they planned.

Placed my order for the free display dock. As mentioned, just run the Lumia Offers app on the phone and it will cause an email with a promotion code to be sent to you. When you get the email click on the link that just takes you to the regular Dock order page. Copy/paste the promotion code into the checkout page. It doesn't plug it in for you and they will be more than happy to charge you $99 if you forget. LoL

The app said it could take up to 12 weeks. I think the checkout says up to 4 weeks. Like the phones, they probably underestimated how many to make so getting your order in early could pay off.

It took me a long time to run the app because I restored from my 1520 with a zillion apps and the lumia Offers app didn't get installed until after them. Arrrg.

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Phone is running great! I was expecting the display dock to arrive also, but it seems like it didn't because you needed to order it apart? Oh well.

950xl seems pretty awesome so far. I had heard a few complaints about the button quality, but they seem pretty stable and well-made to me. My only complaint is that when you hold it near the bottom, it kind of sounds like the plastic grinds a little (if I'm expressing this properly)? Otherwise, it's incredibly faster than the 830, windows hello has worked every single time and the USB-C connector is incredibly fast with my USB-C port on PC --

I absolutely love this phone.

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I would also really like to see if they come out with different backplate colors. I bought the white xl, but I'd love to switch to green or cyan if they ever make just the backplate itself, since it's removable...

kingbobyjr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are the MS stores that are selling them today/tonight ONLY selling the pre-orders? Or can I get one as a walk up?

I have tried calling but can't seem to get through to the actual store that is closest, Bridgewater, NJ. :(

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Went in to have my old SIM card trimmed at T-Mobile, to which 3 clerks said, "950? You are the fifth person come in here with one of those in the last 45 minutes"

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to all the posters on here who helped estimate dates and generally pass the time waiting. Happy Thanksgiving!

dullerm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got an e-mail from the sales rep at Westfield in San Francisco, who I have been in touch with this week:
Great news! I just checked with my manager and they said we can go ahead and sell you your pre-ordered 950 XL today.

Hurray!

NYCMetsPDX, I'm also planning to go to the T-Mobile store right after picking up the phone. :smile:

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well peeps, I finally got my Re-ordered Pre-Order in..ugh... They're saying ship by Dec 11th, I sure hope its sooner!! :smile:

Soundtweaker

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I was the first one to get one from the Stanford MS store. First guy said they weren't in stock yet and I gotta wait until Friday to get it since they're closed Thanksgiving. Second cat knew what was up. He pulled the first one out of the back room and sold it to me since I had my preorder receipt.
He was just about to start making preorder phone calls. So people make sure you ask the manager and not the hosts that work in the front of the store.

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I got mine a couple hours ago. The dual sim is working good. I didn't even know this was going to be a dual sim phone so it was a welcomed surprise. I'm using T-Mobile and AT&T.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from my local MS store (SoCal) in the mall. They told me to come back tomorrow at 6 pm. The staff couldn't be any more rude if they tried. It's perplexing to me how MS is treating its customers when they have such a steep hill to climb in mobile computing and win ower ios and android users.
Los Cerritos Center Mall has it and they have enough for a couple of walk-ins (in white). Call them.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I got mine a couple hours ago. The dual sim is working good. I didn't even know this was going to be a dual sim phone so it was a welcomed surprise. I'm using T-Mobile and AT&T.

i'm curious, could you put two AT&T sims in?? Say if we go on vacation could we slip my wife's sim in the other slot so we'd only need to take one phone???

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was the first one to get one from the Stanford MS store. First guy said they weren't in stock yet and I gotta wait until Friday to get it since they're closed Thanksgiving. Second cat knew what was up. He pulled the first one out of the back room and sold it to me since I had my preorder receipt.
He was just about to start making preorder phone calls. So people make sure you ask the manager and not the hosts that work in the front of the store.

Was that the Stanford store in Palo Alto? That is where my preorder is. Person I talked with yesterday did not know anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99