950XL Waiting Room

FastDave

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Got mine in a couple hours ago. So far it seems to be everything we hoped for and even better. Booted it up and it asked me if I wanted to restore from my previous phone. Clicked Yes, and within ten minutes everything was exactly like my previous phone. Contacts, email accounts, apps, settings, pictures, everything. Easiest setup of all time. The camera is AMAZING. Happy Happy happy.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
5 PM Phoenix and no phone. UPS site still says out for delivery. By the time it gets here, I'll be too sleepy to play with it. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
At the MS store with my new 950xl....
Sitting here watching people come in to pickup the 950xl...

One guy walks in and said "im herr to get my phone, the 950xl, do you have them"
ms guy was like " we have them but only in black"

Guy says " thats what i want"

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Received my 950xl sometime back.

I am having a weird observation. We know that the colors are the truest when looking straight at the screen than at an angle. However, for me, when observed at an angle, white color seems more accurate. But as I rotate the phone vertically towards me, it starts to turn reddish and while looking at straight at it, the white is reddish. As I continue to turn the phone, it becomes truer white. I did check the Color profile and it was standard. Changing it to vivid made no difference. I am worried if this is a hardware defect or nothing much to worry about.

Anybody else facing this issue? I am wondering if I should go to the Palo Alto store and ask for a replacement? I can get a replacement for an online order at the retail store right? I hope I don;t have to send it back and wait for the next batch.

Chad Welsh

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Beautiful phone!!! Finally setup!!! I really love the screen big difference coming from the 640 LTE you can tell the LCD screen on the 640 has and extreme intensity with whites which helps wash out the rest of the colors and the 950XL simply does not.The camera is awesome, fast fluid and very detailed. The build quality is flagship nothing like the flimsy S6 Edge metal so called flagship construction. It was slightly warm while downloading my apps and transferring my contact SMS and MMS info from my SD card. Haven't messed with Windows Hello yet but setup Hey, Cortana and all my apps and the OS was smooth as silk, I had one hiccup and the phone rebooted but i have had this happen for various reasons with Lollipop and Marshmallow. Have not had a call to see if VoLTE on TMO works but it registers TMO LTE just fine. I have heard complaints about the rear speaker and they are unfounded do people really think that the speaker should beat out a 12" subwoofer with at compliment of high range 6x9" screamers?
My 640 LTE which I thought was awesome compared to my Nexus 5 2013 model gets blown out of the water by this true flagship in both loudness, range and the inability for distortion. Rocking some pretty good 80's rock at full volume and no distortion and almost too loud for me in my cubical.
No battery life tests because it hasn't even been fully charged yet so give me a few days also I have no problem with app gap I am not a social media ***** I use it for work and occasional entertainment and obviously as a phone first.
The only problem I have with this device right now is the lack of Tap to Wake which I used and have become pretty reliant on since using my 640 LTE so I hope it make its debut soon.
Man this this is a loud music machine!!!! the camera hump is just right to let the noise reverberate off my desk and makes the sound fuller and less tinny even though its not very tinny to begin with just helps flatten it enough to sound really good.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from Yorkdale mall in Toronto and I got the 950XL.... Managed to get the the 10% educational store discount too but apparently it's not supposed to be available in Canada for this device put since the manager had given the ok over the phone he ended up giving it to me... I also paid the $99 for the Microsoft complete warranty but I don't know if I should keep that... What do you guys think?

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I went into the MICROSOFT store today...
and looked at the 950XL phone.

The bummer part was I have a Lumia 1520 and the 950XL's screen is actually almost 1/2" less in height and about 1/3" narrower than the 1520
I'm also not so sure about how they put the power button in between the volume buttons. But I suppose in time you would just be used to that.

The cool thing was that the camera launches really fast and you could take one full resolution photo right after another and the photo app was pretty instantaneous to browse through and when I checked a half dozen photos to delete it did it almost instantly where on my 1520 and Icon phones the Photos app has some delay to do those things.
of course I have photos in my onedrive as well so I can not absolutely be sure the speed difference was all phone or whether having a phone with not much in the onedrive storage makes a difference.

The OS in it was WIndows 10 build 10586
In my 1520 I'm running build 10586.11 or something like that so I think my phone has the newer build.
I also imagine the newer hardware is built for Windows 10 Phone so it probable has less flaws.

It's going to be a tough decision on whether it is really worth almost $700 to get this new flagship.
I guess I'll see how the phantom touch issue progresses on my 1520. I've been managing it by pressing on the screen hard in the corners etc and it being normal for a while again. :-/

The store here was also selling the lower end Lumia 640's for $39 right now out the door no contract. So if anyone needs a cheap Lumia there ya go.
Oh, I asked if there was much of a demand for the 950XL and they said they had a lot of pre orders.
Two other people came in to see the phone when I was there. This was in Scottsdale, AZ.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from Yorkdale mall in Toronto and I got the 950XL.... Managed to get the the 10% educational store discount too but apparently it's not supposed to be available in Canada for this device put since the manager had given the ok over the phone he ended up giving it to me... I also paid the $99 for the Microsoft complete warranty but I don't know if I should keep that... What do you guys think?

Dang lucky. I was denied the EDU discount because it couldn't be entered into the system.

lupinesithlord

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
picked up the XL. love the phone. heads up it doesn't come with a sim card, come prepared my store didnt have any nano sims... had to make another stop at att...I taught the gentleman a bit about the phones. it was a good time. so far so good love the phone.not too gigantor feeling, bigger and lighter than my 920.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well mine arrived this evening, been busy setting them up. So far the only issue is lack of VVM on ATT. I expect that will be sorted pretty soon if enough of us complain to ATT about it. This is probably the first dual sim to be on their network in a significant quantity.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those who suggested to just visit the store where we placed the preorder and do not wait for an email or call. I never go either, but when I went to the Stanford store, I was able to buy mine with my receipt. They had told me yesterday that they would not have them until Friday. You all saved me a nasty trip on Black Friday!.
I asked if they got a lot of preorders, and he said yes, and indicated they did not get enough phones to cover all of their preoorders. Also, they gave me a nano sim and put it in their system. They then told me I could go to the ATT store to get it activated on my account. After waiting 20 or 30 minutes to be waited on at the ATT store the rep was very nice, but she told me that because they had already given me the sim, I could have just called 611, as long as I was the main person on the account, and they could have instantly activated it over the phone...just a tip for the rest of you. So far, I am loving the phone.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Got a tracking number for my 950XL from Microsoft Hong Kong. Too bad we are only getting the single sim version and not the dual sim version that North Americans are getting.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well mine arrived this evening, been busy setting them up. So far the only issue is lack of VVM on ATT. I expect that will be sorted pretty soon if enough of us complain to ATT about it. This is probably the first dual sim to be on their network in a significant quantity.

My 1st pre-order got screwed up so I re-preordered yesterday when I was notified the 950XL was available again BUT honestly I didn't check the specs I just ordered it as fast as I could lol,
question is am I getting a single or dual sim??? the Product ID. is 326602500.
when I go to Products in your order which uses my Product ID: Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (White) - Microsoft Store
No specs are listed at all??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes